Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That's not an answer . Which companies? Who has interests in those companies? Where are they based? Who are the shareholders? How much and in what form? Why have they invested? In what? To what degree are the investors politically motivated, if at all?

These are genuine questions. Which I bet you don't know the answers to. Yet another fervent Brexiteer without the first damned clue what you are talking about. It's people
Like you that have sunk the UK. Hang your head or at least keep your pie hole shut until you get a clue. Dizzyingly moronic.

Hurts doesn't it that the economy is doing just fine

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing to do with Brexit. NHS suffers under all government's. The only way to help is to pay more taxes, wouldn't bother me if it improved the situation also helping the underfunded police. I bet it would bother some on here though

Given the government has diverted so much time, money and resource to Brexit I’d say it is related.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I already know who the players are in this investment and I can tell you at least three of the big players are companies notorious for paying little or no tax in the U.K. That's US companies who are over here making billions and paying nothing back except the minimum wage of zero hour staff and fatcat shareholders. Staff they are in a race to replace with automation. Companies that rinse our economy exponentially more than any refugee or immigrant.

These investments are also (not coincidentally) dominated by funding for AI companies who are in a race to develop an instinctive model that can be rolled out through industries across the U.K. and the U.S that will make millions of job roles obsolete within a decade. Because in the U.K. And the U.S we haven't figured out (though I'm sure the government and business figured it out long ago) that if you replace people with machines you will save a fortune but will also crash the economy, bankrupt 2/3rds of the population while making a handful of companies and individuals into multi, multi trillionaires overnight. It's a bad, bad business model that most forward thinking countries recognise drains cash from the economy. It will end badly for many people.

This country will screw itself into the ground with toxic investors and tax breaks for trillionaires and your vote to leave the protection of the EU ensured they are free to perpetrate what, and make no mistake, will be the end of the UK as we know it.

Happening for decades ever since the undustrial revolution. Would you rather we had horses instead of cars. What happened to all the typist pools ... printers it's called evolution. Other jobs open up in these new technologies. The employment rate is suffering I think not. Wait till Labour get in unemployment will rocket as will interest rates and inflation as they take us to the bottom of employment again

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Happening for decades ever since the undustrial revolution. Would you rather we had horses instead of cars. What happened to all the typist pools ... printers it's called evolution. Other jobs open up in these new technologies. The employment rate is suffering I think not. Wait till Labour get in unemployment will rocket as will interest rates and inflation as they take us to the bottom of employment again

You don't understand what AI is and what it would do to all industries on all levels. Countries such as Sweden have an enforced cap on how many jobs can me automated. They understand modernisation needs to occur but not at the price of collapsed industries and mass unemployment. People need to earn money for an economy to thrive.

The mechanisation of farming for example lead to poverty, starvation, economic migration into the cities, rising crime, mass unemployment, a rise in prostitution, a housing crisis, increased infant mortality, spread of diseases such as cholera and dysentery. The increased occurence of epidemics such as Spanish Flu.
It's not just a case of oh well, folks lose a job but a job is created in tech. It has vast sociological impact and as usual, the poorest hit the hardest.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Utter tosh and you know it. The NHS has been underfunded by successive governments and always will be

I agree with you, the NHS is underfunded and I’ve commented on this in the past few days and drawn comparisons with the system here. But you cannot deny that if Brexit wasn’t happening right now there would be more money and resource to throw at it. The government is so distracted with Brexit it doesn’t have time to deal with domestic stuff.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I agree with you, the NHS is underfunded and I’ve commented on this in the past few days and drawn comparisons with the system here. But you cannot deny that if Brexit wasn’t happening right now there would be more money and resource to throw at it. The government is so distracted with Brexit it doesn’t have time to deal with domestic stuff.

Think I would rather it was equally spread between the NHS and police. Let's get some bobbies back out on foot

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There was a video on BBC of an interview with a chap this morning,whose name I did not catch but I am presuming he's high in the police service. In this interview he categorically states police shortages cause knife crime and Theresa May has the blood of the four people murdered on NYE on her hands. He goes on to say the conservative government are institutionally racist and that May is deliberate ignoring all advice from police to stop the cuts and using terrorism as an excuse.
The video has now been pulled and I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know who it was or saw it?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Indeed. Britain has its best brains like Davis and Boris on Brexit facing off to the world. The rest of government runs around trying and failing to make good their mess. This government is only focused on minimising the negative effect of Brexit to the detriment of the population

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nothing to do with Brexit. NHS suffers under all government's. The only way to help is to pay more taxes, wouldn't bother me if it improved the situation also helping the underfunded police. I bet it would bother some on here though

100% Correct, the shroud waving/ exploiting any issue to undermine Brexit/democracy continues. Shameful.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
100% Correct, the shroud waving/ exploiting any issue to undermine Brexit/democracy continues. Shameful.

The EIB has paid our health service £3.5bn since 2001. They won't be helping the NHS anymore. Because of Brexit. You see how it works? Brexit. All reputable sources including The Lancet and directors of the NHS and a ademic studies show Brexit is and will continue to have a detrimental effect on the NHS's finances and resources. I take their studies and opinion a tad more seriously than yours.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Democracy is alive and kicking, one vote does not then freeze everything subsequently as you have seen. Our government will not get away with governing like a bunch of imbeciles. The Tories put us in this mess and are still divided on how to get us out of it. Absolutely shocking. In the meantime whilst they try to sort the mess the NHS suffers as does everyone else :nono:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The EIB has paid our health service £3.5bn since 2001. They won't be helping the NHS anymore. Because of Brexit. You see how it works? Brexit. All reputable sources including The Lancet and directors of the NHS and a ademic studies show Brexit is and will continue to have a detrimental effect on the NHS's finances and resources. I take their studies and opinion a tad more seriously than yours.

Even if that's true (source?) £3.5 Bn is less than half of one years EU membership fee. Feel free to provide links to the studies proving Brexit will have a detrimental effect on the NHS. Considering your multiple accounts and continous trolling your opinions/contributions have zero credibility.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Look, the Leave voters on here blame only two things for the fall of the NHS. That we send £350m a week away and that lots of brown people and Eastern Europeans are clogging up our waiting rooms and GP surgeries. The idea that the Tories have taken their eye off the ball because of Brexit is unfathomable. In fact the idea of any negative aspect of Brexit is met with vitriol from the ones on here. Just look at JCFG's reaction, he's virtually having an anurism trying to combat anyone who questions his precious Brexit. I can imagine why, it's likely the only thing he's backed in his life that's come in for him.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Even if that's true (source?) £3.5 Bn is less than half of one years EU membership fee. Feel free to provide links to the studies proving Brexit will have a detrimental effect on the NHS. Considering your multiple accounts and continous trolling your opinions/contributions have zero credibility.

I don't troll, I don't have multiple accounts and I don't need to prove anything to you but yes I'll post some links.. bear with ...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Democracy is alive and kicking, one vote does not then freeze everything subsequently as you have seen. Our government will not get away with governing like a bunch of imbeciles. The Tories put us in this mess and are still divided on how to get us out of it. Absolutely shocking. In the meantime whilst they try to sort the mess the NHS suffers as does everyone else :nono:

One vote yet to be enacted followed by numerous parliamentary votes and a General Election result should be enough for anyone who really values democracy. The current issues facing the NHS are the same it faces nearly every winter and has b*gger all to do with Brexit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One vote yet to be enacted followed by numerous parliamentary votes and a General Election result should be enough for anyone who really values democracy. The current issues facing the NHS are the same it faces nearly every winter and has b*gger all to do with Brexit.

You're just plain wrong and your above post has just destroyed any credibility you may think you had left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here