Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've just finished my siesta. Sorry no nightmares and no I wasn't shocked enough that I couldn't take 40winks.
Brexiter accusing remain voter of prejudice. That's a laugh.

Back to the point though, so you don't want to trawl through the other thread to prove yourself right? Why?

Eh? I already gave you the results for this thread and the massive one that's been rumbling for days. If you are referring to the 60% thread then what's the point? There's only 66 posts in that. Just add them to all of the Brexit posts in that big thread and you Remainers are still way out in front.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Eh? I already gave you the results for this thread and the massive one that's been rumbling for days. If you are referring to the 60% thread then what's the point? There's only 66 posts in that. Just add them to all of the Brexit posts in that big thread and you Remainers are still way out in front.

Sorry I thought you were talking about this thread only. I was half asleep when I read it.
So why is it about the amount of posts? It's about the sheer number of posters that want to get a point across. The remain posters are vastly in the minority on the EU threads, yet the votes are very close with remain edging it. So it just shows even on NSC, which tends to be centre right IMO that the majority of those that say nothing, are voting IN.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] I'll help you out, JC FOOTY GENIUS tops the lot, followed by 5ways and Herr T.
Of the top 30 posters around 6 are in favour of remain.

I don't think it's as simple as just adding posts, I think you need to factor in the content. I might have posted a fair bit BUT I'm not really engaging with the threads a great deal...I wouldn't say many of my posts are "shouting".

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
@Buzzer I'll help you out, JC FOOTY GENIUS tops the lot, followed by 5ways and Herr T.

You prove my point then! All those Brexiteers posting in that thread and yet you still manage to get 4 of the top 7 posters being Remain supporters. I would call that making a lot of noise.

D

Deleted member 22389

Seems to be very little reporting from Calais or in fact the whole migrant crisis at the moment, I suppose it's done not to coincide with the 9 million pounds they spent sending out booklets, telling everyone how our borders are stronger being part of a reformed EU. Yes don't forget the mention the word reformed.

Jan 30, 2008
Seems to be very little reporting from Calais or in fact the whole migrant crisis at the moment, I suppose it's done not to coincide with the 9 million pounds they spent sending out booklets, telling everyone how our borders are stronger being part of a reformed EU. Yes don't forget the mention the word reformed.

YET ON THE NEWS TODAY Newhaven port is the new ENTRY POINT FOR "MIGRANTS"
regards
DR

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
You prove my point then! All those Brexiteers posting in that thread and yet you still manage to get 4 of the top 7 posters being Remain supporters. I would call that making a lot of noise.

No you don't get this either do you. It's not the amount of posts, it's posters that's important. Of the top 30 only 6 that I know of prefer to remain. Yet the poll is largely even. The poll does not reflect the In v Out posters on the thread. Meaning, a lot of forumites that are not posting (those that remain silent) are voting IN on the poll.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So which part is your brain-cell struggling with? Moron.

This is an interesting little spat.

It started when Hamilton, in order to illustrate that national governments still have plenty of power within the EU, cited the UK government's Living Wage policy. Unfortunately, you misread what he was saying and replied thus: "WTF has the living wage to to do with BREXIT. Christ on a bike. I've heard it all now. This is a UK government policy, yet somehow you're implying it's linked to BREXIT. Hahahaha."

A bit embarrassing in the circumstances and I'm not surprised he bit.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't think it's as simple as just adding posts, I think you need to factor in the content. I might have posted a fair bit BUT I'm not really engaging with the threads a great deal...I wouldn't say many of my posts are "shouting".

i can confirm Herr T doesnt really offer much in these type of threads

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
[MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] I'll help you out, JC FOOTY GENIUS tops the lot, followed by 5ways and Herr T.

'I'm top of the league .. I'm top of the leeeaague... what a sad bas*ard ..I'm top of the league'

If you can't do quality go for quantity :D

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
been reflecting on the debate. The OUT camp are very quiet. Just got my pamphlet from the IN camp which was well articulated (eg "EU membership brings economic security, peace and stability"). But nothing from those who want to leave. Also Boris seems to be making no impact. Its not looking good for them

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
been reflecting on the debate. The OUT camp are very quiet. Just got my pamphlet from the IN camp which was well articulated (eg "EU membership brings economic security, peace and stability"). But nothing from those who want to leave. Also Boris seems to be making no impact. Its not looking good for them

Are the out camp getting the same amount of Tax payers money to do millions of out leaflets? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here