Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Italia '90 - If Roberto Baggio hadn't have scored 'that' goal against Czechoslovakia, would the Eurozone project have actually happened? If Yugoslavia had won Italia '90, as they should have done, would the breakup and civil war have actually happened, or just been delayed? Who's fault was it - Serbian Nationalism, Moscow, Brussels, Washington, Clinton or Maradona?

I feel Maradona should be blamed for everything-even the Reichstag fire.Do you happen to know if Baggio is available,or has somebody already started a thread?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Jan 30, 2008
Reported. Deeply, unnecessarily offensive. A step too far.
a step to far:facepalm: i'me sure not the only one with these sentiments??? , the Government are looking at cutting numbers anyway, is this something you can't face up to???? , better get used to it times are a changing Nibble:thumbsup:
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As I said yesterday, I'm sure you could produce a poll or an article to back a point and you did. I'll go with Brexit voters I know and know of - they're not bothered about Brexit anymore - it's done. That's my general take on it too, there'll be some murmurings, and hysterical headlines and some polls and some experts saying this and that, but it'll blow over. I could well be wrong though. At the end of the day, if this move does damage Labour - fine. It damages The Tories too though - they love a good in-fight over Europe - it's what they do best.

I wouldn't call it a cynical party before country u-turn by Labour though, but I do know you take a keen interest in The Labour Party as well - they're in opposition ultimately and have put forward an alternative, honest and realistic position and aim on what a transitional deal will entail, that we will need and what it will actually mean. As for having cake and eating it - The Tories are the one who've said FOM ends in 2019, there will be a transitional deal and that deal will end in 2022 - transitional deal with no FOM presumably which all ends conveniently in 2022 neatly before the next scheduled UK general election and presumably ECJ jurisdiction ends too - All sounds great, I'm sure The EU will happily and easily agree to all that too and I'm sure it will all happen and everyone loves The Tories, so what's the problem?

If not, and it goes belly up and an early election happens - Labour have merely suggested an alternative and more pragmatic, honest way to Paul Dacre's.

As I said yesterday, I suspect down the the road as this all unfolds and plays out there are many Conservative MP's, as well as those of other parties, who'll prefer this stance to The Tories current one. Obviously not The DUP though, because they're bought and paid for till 2019, Jeremy Corbyn was in The IRA and Diane Abbott.....well Diane Abbott. Diane Abbott. Diane Abbott. Diane Abbott. Diane Abbott.........................................:facepalm:

Nothing to worry about though is there? Everyone loves The Tories and Brexit will probably be fine because David Davis said so.

Hmmmm......Anna Soubry though (and I'm not talking after 6 pints either)....How many like-minded friends and colleagues in The Conservative Party, Scottish or otherwise, has she got do you reckon?

All those Polls didn't help me much at the last GE so you could be right. If the Tories were running an effective operation they would be going big on this u turn, Labour trying to sell out Brexit/democracy etc. So far just a half hearted Labour muddle line .. god they are p*ss poor.

Very charitable interpretation on your part. It's obviously a cynically cobbled together position designed to cause problems in parliament .. which you allude too and helps plaster over Labour internal splits/divisions. Hardly honest when they described staying in as unworkable several weeks ago and not respecting the referendum vote. Anyone would think they know they aren't going to be in a position to implement it.

There might be a few Tories tempted to vote with Labour at some point but I expect most can see this for what it is. Holding on to their seats/avoiding a Corbyn Government is a higher priority for the brighter rebels. Then again even if Anna Soubry and a few others did switch votes remember Labour have got several hardcore Brexiteers who would probably go in the other direction.

As you say nothing to worry about though it will be done and dusted by the next General Election. #trustindd

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
All those Polls didn't help me much at the last GE so you could be right. If the Tories were running an effective operation they would be going big on this u turn, Labour trying to sell out Brexit/democracy etc. So far just a half hearted Labour muddle line .. god they are p*ss poor.

Very charitable interpretation on your part. It's obviously a cynically cobbled together position designed to cause problems in parliament .. which you allude too and helps plaster over Labour internal splits/divisions. Hardly honest when they described staying in as unworkable several weeks ago and not respecting the referendum vote. Anyone would think they know they aren't going to be in a position to implement it.

There might be a few Tories tempted to vote with Labour at some point but I expect most can see this for what it is. Holding on to their seats/avoiding a Corbyn Government is a higher priority for the brighter rebels. Then again even if Anna Soubry and a few others did switch votes remember Labour have got several hardcore Brexiteers who would probably go in the other direction.

As you say nothing to worry about though it will be done and dusted by the next General Election. #trustindd

JC - the fact you're going on about Labour/LabourAndBrexit/DianeAbbott/JeremyCorbyn..........It means they must be doing something right.

Don't worry though - I've seen Corbyn in person - he's lovely.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
JC - the fact you're going on about Labour/LabourAndBrexit/DianeAbbott/JeremyCorbyn..........It means they must be doing something right.

Don't worry though - I've seen Corbyn in person - he's lovely.

Commenting on this topical news story just like all the media is. Haven't mentioned the lovely Dianne for ages but I will try and dig out her latest gaffe (there's bound to be one) especially for you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see Labour have shafted all the leave voters who foolishly voted for them at the General Election.

Labour makes dramatic Brexit shift and backs single market membership
Party opens clear divide with Tories, with support for free movement and paying into EU budgets for up to four years

https://www.theguardian.com/global/...s-for-lengthy-transitional-period-post-brexit

Once bitten ...

Why are they shafting anyone? They're not in power. Shafting is when you drop 90% of the manifesto you were elected on from your Queens Speech. Shafting is when you cut mental health services but somehow find a billion pounds for some odious groups in NI. Shafting is when you'd rather use people's lives as bargaining chips as opposed to take a strong and confident lead as a PM should.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why are they shafting anyone? They're not in power. Shafting is when you drop 90% of the manifesto you were elected on from your Queens Speech. Shafting is when you cut mental health services but somehow find a billion pounds for some odious groups in NI. Shafting is when you'd rather use people's lives as bargaining chips as opposed to take a strong and confident lead as any PM should. Shafting is when you have no ****ing idea of ....well, much.

They gained votes = seats = more power by suggesting they were going to have a certain position on Brexit and the negotiations. A position which they have now conveniantly abandoned.

Yep, the Tory voters were shafted as well but most of the manifesto has been dropped because they couldn't be sure it would get a majority.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Commenting on this topical news story just like all the media is. Haven't mentioned the lovely Dianne for ages but I will try and dig out her latest gaffe (there's bound to be one) especially for you.

Diane Abbott (Shadow Home Secretary) - Majority - 35,139
Amber Rudd (Home Secretary and dog spanker in chief) - Majority - 346

As Diane Abbott once said:

As Amber Rudd once said:

When it comes to a general election, I really don’t think they’ll still be thinking about anal sex.

Goodnight JC.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They gained votes = seats = more power by suggesting they were going to have a certain position on Brexit and the negotiations. A position which they have now conveniantly abandoned.

Yep, the Tory voters were shafted as well but most of the manifesto has been dropped because they couldn't be sure it would get a majority.

Vote them down at the next election then.

Jan 30, 2008
Don't worry there's around 800,000 people in the country who can't speak enough English , but don't worry ,some Labour goon wants the GOVERNMENT TO COUGH UP A LOAD OF MONEY in helping them to speak English, WTF are they doing here in the first pace i know probably living in A GHETTO WHERE THEY DON'T HAVE TO SPEAK ENGLISH TO GET ON
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here