Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So there we have it. When a Remain supporter feels it worth battling on he is a moaning, wingeing loser who can't accept (whatever that means) he has lost. When he doesn't he's a towel-throwing surrender monkey.

PS Out of interest, what was it he said/did that you found deeply obnoxious?

I would imagine his disgusting antics on the Thames would give pause for thought to even the most rabid europhile,although,perhaps not.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well done!Due regard for the safety of navigation means following instructions from air traffic control,as police helicopters,customs,and military flights always do.

Yeah.. thank goodness military aircraft dont have their own air traffic controls across all the NATO countries.. I wonder why nobody has thought of that.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder what the response of the vast majority of people calling for a second referendum now would have been to Sir Nigels 'another referendum asap' campaign if Remain had won. I'm guessing derision. At the very least he would be condemned for not respecting the democratic will of the people .. rightly so.

Remainers knew, all along, what they were voting for.

The governement still don't know what Brexit looks like.

Big difference.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I wonder what the response of the vast majority of people calling for a second referendum now would have been to Sir Nigels 'another referendum asap' campaign if Remain had won. I'm guessing derision. At the very least he would be condemned for not respecting the democratic will of the people .. rightly so.

Well it's very easy for you to say that now.

But, given that you just did, is it fair to assume that if the normal, centuries old democratic processes of this country - the ones involving parliament - lead to a much softer (deluted, unreal, fake... your choice of adjective) Brexit than the one you wish for you will 'condemn' anyone who objects? Or is the referendum just gone the only sort of democracy you're willing to accept at the moment?

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood

So imports of carrots, onions, potatoes [sic], cheddar, bacon and butter will be levied under WTO rules increasing their costs to consumers. As I don't purchase any of these imports this is not a problem for me. In fact, this could be good news for UK producers and more environmentally friendly. CAP and EU tarriffs already inflate prices and do little for food quality. We might even use the opportunity to develop more favourable terms with African producers and real trade-not-aid. I would expect a short-term rise in food prices while we seek better terms with other countries. Bit of a non-story this one.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that your response to [MENTION=12947]Lincoln Imp[/MENTION] or are they new quotes attributed to David Davis at Michel Barnier at all?

Given Barnier seems very well organized, has a plan and is coherent..I was thinking it might be aimed at Davis?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Youre right. Nobody every said... 'we have got our sovereignty back'

haha

Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if someone did say “we have got our sovereignty back”. I can imagine a few thin skinned self loathers self triggering and getting their knickers in a twist if someone did say it though.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Some good points made about Brits living in the EU were also made. I'm glad someone competent is on our side.

The EU are simply being obstructive
If I go and live and work in the USA I don’t expect to be covered by British Law and for it to take precedence over US law for my personal benefit. I adhere to the laws of the land. Do Europeans travel to live all over the world and expect the ECJ to be tucked in their back pocket? I don’t believe they think they are that self entitled.
And why is he moaning that “Britain could simply change its laws later, creating uncertainty”
Of course we can change our laws, that’s what democratic countries do. We will be able to do more of it when we are out as well.
I do like it though when Barnier says a free trade agreement will be negotiated, just wish it was reported more and highlighted more, it might calm down some of the ultras who seem close to self combustion.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I do like it though when Barnier says a free trade agreement will be negotiated, just wish it was reported more and highlighted more, it might calm down some of the ultras who seem close to self combustion.

I hope he mentions it to the cabinet, half of whom, half the time, are saying that plans are in hand for no deal at all. The other half of the time they appear to say the opposite. Davis, for example, says one thing and then another depending on who he is talking to.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I hope he mentions it to the cabinet, half of whom, half the time, are saying that plans are in hand for no deal at all. The other half of the time they appear to say the opposite. Davis, for example, says one thing and then another depending on who he is talking to.

Why expose what your opening gambits are. I'm glad your not a union negotiater as you would blub out all the terms we want months before we would need too and lose what edge we have

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if someone did say “we have got our sovereignty back”. I can imagine a few thin skinned self loathers self triggering and getting their knickers in a twist if someone did say it though.

Only people getting their knickers in a twist are brexiteers seeing their dream starting to fall apart and freaking out at the very mention of a second referendum
Don't know why. Acknowledgement of reality I'm guessing and a realisation that the government is incompetent

BTW I do not loathe myself or country. I've served it. Your contribution?

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Why expose what your opening gambits are. I'm glad your not a union negotiater as you would blub out all the terms we want months before we would need too and lose what edge we have

This makes no sense at all. I wasn't talking about revealing a final position, I was talking about this awful government's self-contradicting confusion about its background planning. Johnson, for example, says that 'No Deal' is not under consideration. May says it is. Davis sometimes say it is and sometimes says it isn't. The other side must be quaking in their boots. Tick tick, tick tick..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A bit odd that no one mentioned we would need a second 'Brexit Ratification' referendum if we voted to leave during the campaign. Anyone would think it's a not so cunning wheeze dreamt up by people who can't accept the result.

Ref 1 Do you want to Leave or stay in the EU? Leave

Ref 2 Are you sure?

Ref 3 Are you really sure?

Ref 4 One last chance

Just a cunning plan to do what is best for the country, or are you fearful utopia doesn't exist after all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here