Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Very disappointed with what?. They voted out and won. TBH it's you that sounds disappointed and twisted. Another one just hoping everything goes wrong just to prove at sometime in the future you were correct. You'll be waiting a long time. Although it could be speeded up with Corbyn

Well we were in 28th out of 28th in the EU for GDP growth in the first quarter of 2017 with only 0.2% growth. Project fear soon has become project reality. #britishselfharm

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Very disappointed with what?. They voted out and won. TBH it's you that sounds disappointed and twisted. Another one just hoping everything goes wrong just to prove at sometime in the future you were correct. You'll be waiting a long time. Although it could be speeded up with Corbyn

What does Corbyn have to do with this?

People will be disappointed in the way a child gets something they had seen advertised at Christmas and thought looked ace but opened it to realise it was actually a pile of junk. Or a bloke who meets a gorgeous girl only to find out she is a bunny boiler, or like me "winning" the prize draw at my cricket club and finding out I hadn't won the TV but a bloody grooming kit. How about someone getting a brilliant deal on a car only to discover it is fit for the scrap heap.

So to answer your question, disappointed with what? The outcome. How the country will be. The quality of life. The social divides that will appear. The anger from people who realise they voted based on lies. The realisation that Britain is not anywhere near as important to the rest of the world as many seem to think.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You conveniently forget there were lies on both sides, most from remain. Can you let Dominic know that

We were told by the Remain side that Brexit would cause serious economic damage. Whilst most aspects of most people's lives were not affected right away it seems more and more likely that the underlying prediction was true. We shall see, but already the UK has gone from having the best growth predictions among leading economies to the worst.

The Leave lies were just that. Straightforward lies. Food will be 17 per cent cheaper. The cost of living will be reduced by £200 every month for the average family. Wages will rise. We will become much richer. Remaining will risk all British armed forces being controlled by the EU Army, the NHS collapsing. There were the unpleasant (and for some frightening) implications that millions of swarthy refugee types were marching towards us, that 72 million Turkish muslims were on their way and, as Nigel suggested, some of these foreign sorts would rape our women. And then of course, there was that £350m. Just one more routine lie, but brilliantly conveyed and, as the Director of Vote Leave says, an absolute game changer that won the referendum.

And you say that most lies were from Remain?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well we were in 28th out of 28th in the EU for GDP growth in the first quarter of 2017 with only 0.2% growth. Project fear soon has become project reality. #britishselfharm

Don't forget, this doesn't count now, only if it happens the day after the vote to leave last year.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
From the telegraph article

"I am flabbergasted by the decision," the pensioner and mother-of-two told The Sunday Telegraph. "Last year the EU commissioner said that Brussels didn't want to criminalise people selling in pounds and ounces – and yet the British authorities are doing exactly that.

So the EU are the bad guys yeah?

The EU forced the regulations to be enacted into UK law - so yes, the EU are the bad guys.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Is there anything that makes people look more like little englanders than complaining about weights and measures. It is frankly laughable. People talk about miles per gallon but since I can remember prices have been displayed in litres. Was petrol ever sold in pints or the equivalent?

Wanting to leave an economic agreement because of weights and extrapolating this to mean that the EU are *******s is sensational. Definitely better to see a tanking economy than having to buy 100 grams of sweets rather than a quarter. Jesus.

You're a tad simple if you think the argument against being in the EU is ONLY about this point.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
People talk about miles per gallon but since I can remember prices have been displayed in litres. Was petrol ever sold in pints or the equivalent?

I am 38 and would be amazed if you knew more about this than me but you can on.

If both these statements are true then you have a very short memory.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Lies are different to modelling with errors. Many things predicted by "project fear" are coming aren't they? Have you read about all the different areas saying we are screwed? Oh well, at least our trade minister is saying MPs should wear ties to support British tie makers in post Brexit Britain. Was that before or after he slated any media who dare to suggest we are screwed? So many little englanders are going to be VERY disappointed.

Remind me when that emergency budget Osbourne insisted would be needed straight away if we voted leave has happened ?? Oh .......

Nice to see remainers coming back to the worn out phrase 'little englanders' ..... zzzzzzzzzz

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What does Corbyn have to do with this?

People will be disappointed in the way a child gets something they had seen advertised at Christmas and thought looked ace but opened it to realise it was actually a pile of junk. Or a bloke who meets a gorgeous girl only to find out she is a bunny boiler, or like me "winning" the prize draw at my cricket club and finding out I hadn't won the TV but a bloody grooming kit. How about someone getting a brilliant deal on a car only to discover it is fit for the scrap heap.

So to answer your question, disappointed with what? The outcome. How the country will be. The quality of life. The social divides that will appear. The anger from people who realise they voted based on lies. The realisation that Britain is not anywhere near as important to the rest of the world as many seem to think.

Or is it the other way round, you want Britain to spectacularly fail because project fear did so badly as voters saw through it. Remembering that we now have the highest ever employment, how many jobs do you want to see disappear to prove your warped remainer points. I personally believe as do some I know who voted remain that it will be no as nowhere nearly as bad as you lot are currently painting it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh, so how bad do you think it will be? We havnt left yet, and its already showing signs of turning to shit. No remainers want the country to turn to shit. That is the most ridiculous thing ive heard coming from leavers lately, and theres been a lot of ridiculous shit.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Remind me when that emergency budget Osbourne insisted would be needed straight away if we voted leave has happened ?? Oh .......

Nice to see remainers coming back to the worn out phrase 'little englanders' ..... zzzzzzzzzz

Well the BofE reacted to the tumbling pound which reduced our value by about 10%.

Then George was no longer chancellor because of a PM who only committed to this so he could give it away in coalition agreement walked.

I am happy for you if you think this is all going to turn out nicely. I have never wanted to be more wrong about something in all my life and I worry for my kids' future because IMO this is going to be a giant cluster****.

Time will tell.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Apparently the world in the UK is coming to an end because of the leave vote. I got a couple of pension updates this week and the performance of both in the last 12 months have far out stripped any performance in the last 16 years when I took them out. I'm just disappointed I won't get to use my pensions given the UK will collapse soon.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Another one just hoping everything goes wrong just to prove at sometime in the future you were correct. You'll be waiting a long time.

The wait is over! You must have missed the news over the past few months. I'm currently listening to the EY Item Club summer forecast webcast. All rather bleak. The only reason why they have been slightly more optimistic recently about the general business outlook is because a "Soft Brexit" now looks much more likely. And the GDP forecasts for the next few years are pretty woeful....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm not at all convinced. I believe that many remainers want us to be hit by EU penalties and have our economy fail simply to prove their point. Do not underestimate the revenge-lust of a remainer scorned.

Sorry, but I think thats a ridiculous assumption.
Turkeys looking forward to Christmas. Just ridiculous.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Like any legacy decision Brexit will have positive and negative effects. As of this moment we are yet to see a single positive. We have a weak government in utter chaos. We have the weakest currency in decades.
We have companies looking to relocate taking thousands of jobs and tax revenue with them. We are facing a multi billion pound divorce bill. We are buddying up with toxic scoundrels like Trump. Every expert worth anything agrees we simply do not have the time to make a good turn of negotiations, in fact no expert thinks they could do it either. We have unabated austerity and public sector pay caps. Less nurses and midwives. We have a self serving government that has sold us down the river to the DUP, the same self serving government we steve going to be completely at the mercy of in a few months. All of this , all of it is a direct consequence of the referendum result.
So far I've not seen a single positive except for a few hardy Brexiteers saying "everything gonna be alright ". So forgive this whinging old remoaner when I say, I'm not feeling that positive about it all right now.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm not at all convinced. I believe that many remainers want us to be hit by EU penalties and have our economy fail simply to prove their point. Do not underestimate the revenge-lust of a remainer scorned.

One of the stupidest posts on this thread. And that's saying something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here