Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Blimey you are well gone .. :cheers: :drink::D

I am, but be afraid. Be very afraid JC of JC. 1st of 70 Tory oppressed marginals today on his UK tour (with special guests) £100million a DUP MP that grows on money trees for Northern Ireland that doesn't grow of on a money tree in Hastings..............(13th most deprived ward in The UK, 16 years life expectancy difference in another between the few and the many)

2B94BD5200000578-0-image-a-2_1440264785265.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought he was in London rallying the many (a few thousand) ?

Looking for foxes to chase or if none are available .. poor people in the food bank queues. :angel:

Remember, you never saw Mrs May talking to ordinary people even when she was "campaigning " Anyone who does not see or understand Jeremy Corbyn's empathy "For the many, not the few " is obviously well out of touch.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Remember, you never saw Mrs May talking to ordinary people even when she was "campaigning " Anyone who does not see or understand Jeremy Corbyn's empathy "For the many, not the few " is obviously well out of touch.

Agree, May ran a very poor hermetically sealed campaign. But empathy with 'ordinary people' is not enough to make a good leader in my view. Blair could ooze empathy and compassion at the drop of a hat but I am sure the Corbynistas would still loathe him almost as much as the Tories.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Agree, May ran a very poor hermetically sealed campaign. But empathy with 'ordinary people' is not enough to make a good leader in my view. Blair could ooze empathy and compassion at the drop of a hat but I am sure the Corbynistas would still loathe him almost as much as the Tories.

Blair's ancient history JC. Only one JC in town now man.This ain't no disco, it ain't no country club either - It's Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jeremy Corbynnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

jeremy-corbyn-thumbs-up.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
As you clearly despise people who disagree with you, parcelling up their views in a way that suits your stereotyped group-thinking, accusing them of lying, telling them what they think even if you haven't a clue and chucking in rafts of reception class insults, there is really no point in trying to have a reasoned conversation with you.

Moronic hypocrite.

But I do have more than a clue, I know what you are thinking on this issue.
The truth is you do think most people arguing against The EU is nothing more than a cover for having a deep inward distrust of foreigners. You are very transparent through your postings that this is what you believe. I understand why you would not like to be associated with having this bigoted viewpoint, although im not really hearing anything of an actual denial from you.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You can't call 3000+ people anything other than people. They were all sorts - black, white, mixed raced, Bexhill - The many, not the few.

You forgot children amongst this obviously diverse group(see photo), indoctrinated kids are always needed to bulk up the viewing figures. No cult can succeed without brainwashing the children as well as the adults.

DDpxB-CXgAExGbH.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The only thing that has kept our heads above water over the past year has been the willingness of the great British public to keep spending, furiously getting into more and more debt. .

This is a real concern. I see the Bank of England, last week, demanded more than £11bn of extra reserves on the major lenders in case the current economic slowdown should trigger a rise in defaults. Credit card debts and car finance seem to be leading the way at the moment. And it seems odd that the government are ignoring this. Hopefully Carney will take further and stronger action and put a stop to it.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The wheels are falling off (almost literally)....

"Investment in the UK car industry has fallen to just £322m in the first half of 2017, in a sign that companies are delaying or cancelling spending ahead of the UK leaving the EU. Investment in the UK car industry last year was £1.66bn, which was down from the £2.5bn in investment recorded in 2015, as carmakers and their suppliers delayed non-essential investment following the EU referendum last June. But investment looks to have fallen even further in the first six months of 2017, according to figures compiled by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders industry body. If the same levels of investment are seen in the second half of the year, it would bring total annual spend on the UK car industry to just £644m — less than half of the amount invested last year and nearly one-quarter of the amount invested two years ago."

Surely "Project Fear" can't be coming true?!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This is a real concern. I see the Bank of England, last week, demanded more than £11bn of extra reserves on the major lenders in case the current economic slowdown should trigger a rise in defaults. Credit card debts and car finance seem to be leading the way at the moment. And it seems odd that the government are ignoring this. Hopefully Carney will take further and stronger action and put a stop to it.

The government is ignoring this because credit card spending (and other unsecured debt) is the only thing holding up the economy. They HAVE to hope the UK consumer keeps spending, otherwise the economy really will crash. Of course, the Brexiteers are not really worried about the economy itself - they're simply petrified that if we go into recession anytime soon the public mood ref Brexit will demand a halt, and a re-think. The ONLY thing they are focused on is trying to achieve Brexit (that much was clear from the Queen's Speech).

D

Deleted member 22389

UK manufacturing has seen record growth, so it depends what you read doesn't it. We are not going to starve to death, people have got enough money for season tickets and other luxury items, so I say get a ****ing grip, stop the doom and gloom over Brexit and just get on with your life.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
UK manufacturing has seen record growth.

This is, in part, fuelled by shiny new things purchased on plastic. This is unsustainable and a real worry. See above.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The sooner she resigns and let's the country start putting itself together under another PM the better.

You can see how it is going, storm out and blame the EU for everything IF it goes wrong or we end up staying in then she believes she wont be blamed.

Sadly some will lap it up.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The government is ignoring this because credit card spending (and other unsecured debt) is the only thing holding up the economy. They HAVE to hope the UK consumer keeps spending, otherwise the economy really will crash. Of course, the Brexiteers are not really worried about the economy itself - they're simply petrified that if we go into recession anytime soon the public mood ref Brexit will demand a halt, and a re-think. The ONLY thing they are focused on is trying to achieve Brexit (that much was clear from the Queen's Speech).

The only thing you have to worry about with the economy is the red flag brigade. Watch the investment nosedive then if they god forbid ever make government. Also that old drum you keep banging must be broken by now

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You mean like they have been for the past 30 - 40 years. Yeah let's blame Brexit for all that

A weird reply; I didn't blame anyone or anything for this big increase in consumer debt. I merely pointed out it is happening and in part propping up the failing economy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here