[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Excuse me while I interrupt the insults, but there's less than 17,000 views required to hit the one million mark on this thread and less than 4000 posts required to hit 30,000.

Anyway, as you were.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
HT perpetuating the myth that 17M people must be thick racists. Oh dear, oh dear.

No I'm not. I'm simply demonstrating a prudent and cautious approach. Similarly I err on the side of caution and assume Remainers are educated broad minded worldly wise liberal types. Is it wrong to tread carefully?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I thought thickoes were now the majority flock. We had a vote on it.

Well the remain team couldn't have been that bright because they lost the vote attempting a strategy of scare which didn't work. Well actually it did against them. I would say they are more dense for not fighting a cleaner battle.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I don't know who they are, but there are less than half a million of them according to the latest circulation figures. Rather puts a hole in your argument.......

Actually, the print readership is well under half a million now so on that basis the hole in my argument is even bigger than you say.

On the other hand, Campaign magazine was saying this about 11 months ago...

The average monthly print readership of the Northern & Shell-owned tabloid was an estimated 777,000 in the year to the end of 2015....

Taking into account digital and mobile platforms, the Express’s estimated monthly readership grew by 66.8 per cent to 11.41 million year-on-year.

Read more at http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/artic...uarter-says-pamco/1384781#aOP9PRTDulKJHjhe.99

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How do you mean "got lucky", did people slip with the pencil and put their cross in the wrong box. How does luck come into a vote.

Read the piece, if you can be bothered, it explains all the elements of good fortune.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
..............also persisting with his assumption that all leavers are right wing neo-fascist party enthusiasts.

Not all leave voters are right wing neo-facists, but I suspect that all right wing neo-facists voted leave.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
No, I wouldn't, actually. Though I would agree that an increasing number of remoaners have accepted the facts and become just remainers - disappointed, I'm sure, but not pointlessly moaning about it any more. The recent votes in Parliament reflect this.
So you are happy to crudely stereotype people who voted remain but object to the use of crude stereotypes for people who voted leave. Hmmm...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think that to add some balance to the abuse I should point out that on the 24th of June all remainers became Losers.Some have since seen sense and migrated to the Winners,but the dumb ones are still Losers.It's always a good idea to bet against their predictions as they are invariably wrong about everything and hide for a while when results become known.Losers :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So you are happy to crudely stereotype people who voted remain but object to the use of crude stereotypes for people who voted leave. Hmmm...
Your ability to misread what has been written is astounding.. Remainers are remainers - that's not stereotyping. Remainers voted remain.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
My view has always been that people voted Leave for many reasons, including plenty that were not directly connected to our membership of the EU. Please tell me what is slippery or contradictory about that.

PS: I loved your invective regarding me swooning with a bout of the vapours. This would be about people slinging insults in my direction I suppose, but check back if you want to - I've said more than once that I'm more amused than upset by them. I'll leave the hissy fits to those who dream up terms such as neo-fascists and then claim it's what people are calling them.

View one. You knew that most leave voters voted for reasons not directly connected to our membership of the European Union. Post #24233

View two. Just that 'People voted leave for many reasons'.

View three. (After checking back?) People voted leave for many reasons, including plenty that were not directly connected to our membership of the EU.

Plus the usual omitted bit ...continually misrepresenting/exaggerating opposing views.

Slipperier than a snake oil salesman that has just had an unfortunate accident after cornering a bend at too higher speed.

:D

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not all leave voters are thick racists, but I suspect that all thick racists voted leave.

I might add that the really thick ones may not have even known there was even a referendum or the possibility they could vote...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports