Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This. That's why the talk so often degenerates to:

'the voters who voted leave were thick'
'old people shouldn't be allowed to vote'
'it's complicated so there shouldn't be a vote'
'if they'd understood the result would be different'
'no-one has a plan'
'there never should have been a vote'
'I don't like referendums'
'Boris doesn't like prosecco'.

All that reasoning boils down to an inability to accept a fair and democratic vote. There would likely be no thread here if the result had gone the other way. I certainly would have accepted the result even if others didn't, as I believe in democracy, I am very shocked that so many of my countrymen do not share that point of view.

Good point, absolutely ....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whats wrong with you people, you couldnt give a monkeys about the intricacies of the detail of the vote, you only care that you didnt win.
If you really believe that you are thicker than I thought, and I thought you were pretty thick to start with.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So presumably you also disagree with holding the 1975 referendum ?

I was -2 at the time so can't comment. Although I do know the intentions were set out clearly and both sides actually made a coherent , decent argument. This time round it was put forward by Cameron to save his bacon. It was rushed, half arsed and held with the firm belief we would remain and no plan for Brexit. The two are incomparable I'm afraid.

But you know all this, you're just looking for an argument. Not today, I'm hungover to buggery and I don't have the head for it. You'll just have to take my word for it, I'm right.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Daft comment. We should never have had a referendum on something when we are not furnished with all the details and possible outcomes.

Bit like General elections then. I don't remember the 1997 New Labour manifesto pledges seeking a mandate for encouraging mass immigration or being more interventionist in the middle east.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bit like General elections then. I don't remember the 1997 New Labour manifesto pledges seeking a mandate for encouraging mass immigration or being more interventionist in the middle east.

Nothing at all like elections. Your lack of understanding of the differences between the EU referendum and a general election are proof positive that on the whole the general public are not qualified to cast a vote on such matters.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Access to the single market doesn't mean anything of the sort. You are describing membership. The rest of the world has access to the single market in assorted (negotiated) terms without accepting the conditions
you describe.
I also do not accept that access means the free movement of people. Merkel has already set the scene for discussions on this subject.
There is a deal to be done here and it will likely keep most people happy whilst disappointing both those on one side who wish to end immigration completely and also those on the other who believe that EU rules are fixed in time forever with no negotiating room. Quite simply the debate has moved on from simply quoting current EU rules and claiming a flexible deal is impossible.

If you watch the interview I was commenting on, you will see that Dan Hannan is talking about the kind of access to I am talking about, not the kind of access you are talking about.
Merkel said nothing to change the opinion that the free movement of goods and services comes with the free movement of people too, the only thing she said regarding free movement was that it needs to be clarified as to what an immigrants entitlement to state benefits should be.
If access to the single market had the meaning that you suggest, the leave campaign would not have been highlighting Norway, Iceland and Switzerland.
Quite simply, you're wrong.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ha ha, would you care to show a pre referendum post where you showed any concern whatsoever about the legitimacy of it ?

I 100% posted, pre referendum, that the public, including myself, are not qualified to vote on such an important issue and that nobody has bothered to figure out the aftermath or details of "leave". It'll be there as I posted it. You trawl back through my posts if you like, I'm certainly not going to bother but it's there, all those months ago.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nothing at all like elections. Your lack of understanding of the differences between the EU referendum and a general election are proof positive that on the whole the general public are not qualified to cast a vote on such matters.

I fully understand that there was no way either side could provide 'all the details and possible outcomes' same as no side can at a General election.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I fully understand that there was no way either side could provide 'all the details and possible outcomes' same as no side can at a General election.

Whatever. I'm watching snow leopards with my cat and a bag of Haribo Golden Bears. My head hurts.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Did not hear many complaints prior the voting, I expect it was you were cock sure that Remain would win, now you bleat.

You really weren't paying attention then were you. This board was awash with pre-ref threads, those threads were awash with people, including me, voicing grave concern over the whole process and possible outcomes. You should have read some of them, they were rather informative but I doubt you were interested and joined the debate simply to gloat.

And for the record, nobody won that referendum.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Now we get to the nitty gritty. So all the bull stating that you thought some Brexit voters are thick, to what you really think, all of them. Could have saved a lot of dodging and pretending months ago.

I would say with some certainty that 70%-80% of Leave voters were either ignorant to the outcomes or were so fired up over immigration and all the other BS spouted by Farage and his ilk that they voted on that basis. They were also ignorant of the fall-out.

I have never stated any dofferent, I maintain I think the majority of the public are too stupid to vote on such matters, including me.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You really weren't paying attention then were you. This board was awash with pre-ref threads, those threads were awash with people, including me, voicing grave concern over the whole process and possible outcomes. You should have read some of them, they were rather informative but I doubt you were interested and joined the debate simply to gloat.

And for the record, nobody won that referendum.
Do you mean awash with posts under your current username or previous one.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
and on average they have slightly less than one testicle. So what?

I thought they had no testicles at all!:lolol:

Oh my God,what have I said.Please don't tell the missus!:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here