Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It's posts like this that make me shake my head in despair. It's almost impossible to quantify how much UK legislation emanates from the EU as this article makes clear. It's something between 13% and 62% but really impossible to get an accurate figure.

What will be more interesting is how much EU law is amended after Brexit, my guess is not very much
"If you count all EU regulations, EU-related Acts of Parliament, and EU-related Statutory Instruments, about 62% of laws introduced between 1993 and 2014 that apply in the UK implemented EU obligations."

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
It always starts earlier in the construction industry , started October 2007 FYI.

constuction-percent-change.png :glare:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If you believe the l lies pedddaled by leavers,in fact at the very outside,only 55% of U.K. law was affected by the EU parliament,and these include regulations on growing tobacco, and olives. But let's not ruin a good story.
In my own profession, I was told by a customer that it was due to EU interference that, restaurants had, by law, have scores on the doors, for hygiene.In fact, it's not a legal requirement (yet) and is totally a UK initiative,(and an excellent one , at that)
"If you count all EU regulations, EU-related Acts of Parliament, and EU-related Statutory Instruments, about 62% of laws introduced between 1993 and 2014 that apply in the UK implemented EU obligations."

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Im sure he will come back with his usual excuse for being totally wrong by saying I believe it was 2007 therefore I am entitled to my view so I am right.

One day he may understand the concept of the thumbs up so he doesn't have to post great post or something like that

Its quite nice having a discussion without googling something, something you guys have all done on this one and now its made you feel slightly superiour, so funny.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It always starts earlier in the construction industry , started October 2007 FYI.

The US sub-prime time-bomb was ticking well before that but in this country it was in the August that BNP ran into liquidity problems and the run on Northern Rock was in the September.

I was working 16 hour days in the autumn of 2007 when it started.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Let's hope Parliament grows some balls and throws Brexit out. I doubt it. I feel we are doomed to meekly accept the misguided will of a small majority that have been led like lambs to the slaughter by Farage and his cronies, out of a Union that has, on the whole, been very good for the UK. It will be a case of following through with the insanity because nobody has the stones to say NO.

As someone who voted Remain I've got to disagree here.

The decomcratic process happened and the end result is that we voted by a small majority to leave the EU. That, to me, has to happen or you run the risk of the entire democratic process becoming a laughing stock.

That being said, a further democratic, and lawful, process has happened since which states our Parliament should have some say in just how we go about extricating from the EU. Both of these things need to happen.

Of course the waters are muddied further by yet another lawful, democratic process being kicked off by the Government.

I need a sit down and a biscuit.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Its quite nice having a discussion without googling something, something you guys have all done on this one and now its made you feel slightly superiour, so funny.

Not superior just right, but why let the facts get in the way of a belief.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No you googled it whilst Soulman didnt, he probably remembers it maybe it effected him personally I dont know, whereas you, well you googled a flow chart, well done.

Please tell me where I googled a flow chart, if you look back at this thread you will see I have not posted a flow chart, Are you really this stupid that you are unable to tell the difference between one name and another,

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Arguments aside and if its possible to raise the flag of ceasefire for a moment ....out of interest what are the pitfalls with moving to Germany in your 3rd part

A friend of mine got a very good in Germany some months ago and has been commuting. The family have decided in the last couple of months to take the plunge and move out there permanently. House is on the market and they are just set to go.

She was explaining to me her reasoning one night and one of the reasons was if her children decide to stay on there after school and go to university in Germany the tuition will be free as tuition fees were abolished recently for all international students at state universities.(obviously state education is free at school as residents)

Is there something they have missed with potential problems arising in the future? What have your married couple from Brighton found out with regards to paying for education?
If my friends have missed something crucial i would appreciate your feedback and so i can give them the heads up.

Their daughter is 16 and they were concerned that free access to higher education in the Lander concerned (Bavaria) would not survive bruising exit negotiations. Moving would be a huge leap for them, and even more for their daughter, and they were not willing to accept the possibility of a scrambled return to the UK in two years' time. It was an uncertainty issue.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In fairness to [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] the first effects of the financial crisis were felt in 2007. I worked in financial services then, as I do now, and we were doing 16 hours days during the autumn of 2007.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As someone who voted Remain I've got to disagree here.

The decomcratic process happened and the end result is that we voted by a small majority to leave the EU. That, to me, has to happen or you run the risk of the entire democratic process becoming a laughing stock.

That being said, a further democratic, and lawful, process has happened since which states our Parliament should have some say in just how we go about extricating from the EU. Both of these things need to happen.

Of course the waters are muddied further by yet another lawful, democratic process being kicked off by the Government.

I need a sit down and a biscuit.

Agree to a lot of that. It would indeed cause uproar if Parliament rejected Brexit and refused to invoke A50. Having said that, the man who penned article 50, Lord Kerr, said himself that it can be rejected and halted but as we all know, this would have some devastating fallout. In my opinion not as bad fallout as actually leaving the EU

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Please tell me where I googled a flow chart, if you look back at this thread you will see I have not posted a flow chart, Are you really this stupid that you are unable to tell the difference between one name and another,

Its ok for you, you're still at college ....................

I blame pretty pink fairy he said flow chart and pie chart and I knew it wasnt a pie chart ;)

Jan 30, 2008
the us sub-prime time-bomb was ticking well before that but in this country it was in the august that bnp ran into liquidity problems and the run on northern rock was in the september.

I was working 16 hour days in the autumn of 2007 when it started.
you must have been tired :cry:
regards
DR

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In fairness to [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] the first effects of the financial crisis were felt in 2007. I worked in financial services then, as I do now, and we were doing 16 hours days during the autumn of 2007.

Financial crisis but not recession which was quoted

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No you googled it whilst Soulman didnt, he probably remembers it maybe it effected him personally I dont know, whereas you, well you googled a flow chart, well done.

Affected. God, you'd get ripped to shreds in a debate. Oh. :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here