Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Brewdog: hipsters”, “pretentious”, “wankers”, “********s” or simply "full of s**t"?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe if the just brewed beer and eased off with the " Mission Statements " it might help?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Depends how you define craft. But they are still 100x smaller than 'big beer'

Drunk by pretentious bearded men and women suffices

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Depends how you define craft. But they are still 100x smaller than 'big beer'

i felt they went "big" in their funding round for expanding overseas. they are a multi-billion $ operation now, maybe not big on the international stage but lager than most the big brewers in UK.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i felt they went "big" in their funding round for expanding overseas. they are a multi-billion $ operation now, maybe not big on the international stage but lager than most the big brewers in UK.

They value themselves at whatever Billion - but revenues are only £200M or so - and they are the biggest independent brewer in the UK I suspect - but still 100x smaller than the biggest in the UK

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's why I prefer Punk Squirrel IPA.

[tweet]1379714709050552320[/tweet]

Though they seem to be in trouble too

[tweet]1402943987338600451[/tweet]

Last edited:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

It mainly seeks to vilify staff, spread hatred, homophobia and is generally a vile organisation. It was founded in 2007 by James Watt and Martin Dickie, both of whom as of today, tried to force their current employees into signing a letter saying they did not experience a culture of fear... or else. Together they own 46% of the company and 100% of the blame for the toxic culture they have created.[1]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This.

Churning out palletloads an hour for Tesco, raking in the cash whilst marketing as 'niche' is crafty alright.

Not to mention that Punk IPA is found in Tim Martin's establishments at probably half the price what they charge for it in their own.

You mean democratizing* quality and tasty beer for the masses?

* and ensuring my shareholding increases year on year.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

No I mean they've cheapened their brand.

I would have thought given you constant need to tell everyone how great you are that you would be against pushing it to the masses especially the great unwashed masses in a Treverpoons?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I like their beer and good luck to them/well done etc. However If you sell out you can't complain about it later!

Company I work for sold itself last year . . . . Now I think the new paymasters will start turning the screws on performance from the top down . . .it'll be interesting to see how things progress. I've been here several times before over the years, its never ended well yet!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I would have thought given you constant need to tell everyone how great you are that you would be against pushing it to the masses especially the great unwashed masses in a Treverpoons?
Do the multi millionaire owners of Brewdog lie awake at night worrying if they have " Cheapened Their Brand " I wonder?

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I had no idea it was Scottish, that's it for me, I am throwing my Elvis Juice away tonight.

If you ask nicely, I'm sure PPF would lend you a tub of the lotion he's been stockpiling in readiness for the inevitable tearups at the Euros

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I’ll ignore the snide comment and say, no. I have no issue with any quality product being available to the masses; if anything I encourage it. I’d rather the landscape be full of nice beer than Carlsberg or Peroni.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Maybe if the just brewed beer and eased off with the " Mission Statements " it might help?

I think Brewdog got where they are today with their own particular brand of marketing. Their product is good but so were a lot of other brewers at the time.
I can’t see any reason why they would change strategy now.

Taking Elvis juice from 6-5 down to 5-1 abv has upset me though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here