Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Brewdog: hipsters”, “pretentious”, “wankers”, “********s” or simply "full of s**t"?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Some of their bars are smart but as i saw someone say elsewhere, this one looks like they've made a bar out of a linkedin post.

Who actually wants any of these gimmics in a bar? One to avoid.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Some of their bars are smart but as i saw someone say elsewhere, this one looks like they've made a bar out of a linkedin post.

Given the popularity of the idea of a slide from the West Upper, I'm surprised there aren't more supporters of this bar on here. All it needs is a monorail connecting it to all major tube stations.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I now actively avoid anything to do with them. And their beer is massively overrated (and priced). The cool kids enjoy though.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Why is their menu, which appears to consist mainly of fast food with 'epic extras', described as awesome. Who is kidding who?

Awesome should only be used to describe things like Brighton beating Man U 2-1 at Old Trafford

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Given the popularity of the idea of a slide from the West Upper, I'm surprised there aren't more supporters of this bar on here. All it needs is a monorail connecting it to all major tube stations.

I just can't see whether they mean it to be an office or a bar or an office with a bar. My company has an office in London that's got a beer fridge but pretty much no one uses it unless we're having a company social or have clients in. I don't want to hold a Teams meeting with a load of pissed people in the background, nor do I want to try and concentrate on something pretty difficult after a couple of schooners of Elvis Juice or whatever.

Mind you, I imagine Glendenning's idea of a good pub is a dark room filled with elderly Irish pub bores taking their turn to pontificate, so on that basis I'm IN.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I don’t know, after 10 pints I might fancy making a podcast?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

It's always been more about the beers than the bars tho eh? Well at least for the punters. And Brewdog DO do some gorgeous brews. As for the founders, fair play, they've got a really impressive globally-diversified property portfolio thing going on, built largely off the backs of the Equity For Punks tranches. Would be good if they did an IPO soon tho, as opposed to endless IPAs, so the punks with equity could decide to stick or twist

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So, I went (as part of a company do) to the Waterloo place last night. It is every bit as in your face as expected and not always in a good way. Can't say I'll be rushing back. Review on the restaurant thread.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Well I am not a hipster. I tried punk IPA and loved it . Don't care too much about anything else. I don't drink too much and mainly at home so a box of 12 at £13 Sainsbury's is a cheap night drinking. I do like neck oil as well bit more to buy and very drinkable.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I love a visit to Brewdog.
Have to admit normally go for the amazing choice of guest beers but I can palate most of the Brewdog beers. Hazy Jane being a favourite.
I admit the food is very expensive so I choose not to eat there but I don't visit pubs to eat.
All the staff at Brighton Brewdog are positive and friendly and knowledgeable about beer and certainly seem a lot happier than staff at Wetherspoons.
Brewdog gets a thumbs up from me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I love a visit to Brewdog.
Have to admit normally go for the amazing choice of guest beers but I can palate most of the Brewdog beers. Hazy Jane being a favourite.
I admit the food is very expensive so I choose not to eat there but I don't visit pubs to eat.
All the staff at Brighton Brewdog are positive and friendly and knowledgeable about beer and certainly seem a lot happier than staff at Wetherspoons.
Brewdog gets a thumbs up from me.
I should make it clear that when I get to choose both my own beer and my own company then drinking in the Brighton Brewdog is great. I also spent far too much time and money in their Edinburgh airport bar. But Waterloo? Waterloo is awful, unless you’re the sort of 40 something man child who takes an E Scooter to work.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am just back from Copenhagen. Very nice bars indeed. All well designed, all friendly and all selling a great choice of beers.

Copenhagen is better than England. Everything actually works. Most odd.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am just back from Copenhagen. Very nice bars indeed. All well designed, all friendly and all selling a great choice of beers.

And the Mikkeller at the flughafen is quite possibly the best airport bar in the world.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I was there when there was a huge heavy metal festival over on that former shipyard island. Danish mentalers are without doubt the slimmest, best groomed and cleanest rockers I have ever seen. And hundreds of them were cycling to the festival as well; quite a sight. Even their headbangers are better.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don’t much care for Brewdog bars but I try to drink copious amounts of their beer. It’s not the best beer out there but it is brilliant for the price in the supermarkets…. I don’t like kissing men with beards btw.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was there when there was a huge heavy metal festival over on that former shipyard island. Danish mentalers are without doubt the slimmest, best groomed and cleanest rockers I have ever seen. And hundreds of them were cycling to the festival as well; quite a sight. Even their headbangers are better.
Loved Copenhagen, we went for a Psychobilly gig in Christiania, The wife (who kept her surname) was over the moon that they welcomed her home, second generation in America from Denmark. jebus as you say so clean and the beer is sooo good, we went to a local fishermans bar probably room for 12 people in there, and they all looked like Clamps profile, had the best pint of Carlsberg in the world, they told me they don't sell it abroad and i wanna say it was called Hava or something like that, cloudy wheat beer kinda.

The gig was great, loads of beautiful women, not like here, the German band Mad Sin were headlining and came on and said "The last time Germans were here, we came in tanks" that went down well !! They then proceeding to nearly burn the place down with a flame thrower (again last seen there by Germans) during the gig.

Thumbs up for Copenhagen.

As for Brewdog, I feel old going in there nowadays.

Give me Quinns in Kentish Town any day, had all the wheat beers way before hipsters started getting into them, but you know that eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here