Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Brew Dog ...grrr

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, it's in the south of France. Surprised you haven't heard of it.

(And yes I know what you really meant. Nice play on words!)

Nice.

I was in Calais last week for the annual feline cross-channel swimming contest. The English cat was called One,Two,Three. The French one was called Un,Deux,Trois. The English cat won because the Un, Deux, Trois Cat sank.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I've said it before and I'll say it again without Brewdog and specifically Punk IPA the beer scene in this country would look totally different. In any burgeoning industry you need flag bearers. Brewdog were very much that.

I kind of agree, although Thornbridge could justifiably claim to be the ones that lit the blue touch paper as they were around for a couple of years before BrewDog muscled in.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Most of us really don’t give a shit what others think. But making tedious, trite and unoriginal comments might engender the odd response don’t you think?

No one was offended. And no one said you or the other poster has shit taste.

Why don’t you join the conversation and tell us which beers you do like, instead of which beers you don’t?

PS it’s palate.

Thanks for the PS :thumbsup:

RE "tedious, trite and unoriginal comments" are you telling me someone saying you must like fosters because they don't like Brew Dog doesn't fit in this category?

My opinion is I don't like the taste of these fancy IPAs, too hoppy and floral for me. Maybe that would of been a better initial comment.

As for beer I do enjoy why would I be posting about that in a thread about brew dog?

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Thanks for the PS :thumbsup:

RE "tedious, trite and unoriginal comments" are you telling me someone saying you must like foster because they don't like Brew Dog doesn't fit in this category?

My opinion is I don't like the taste of these fancy IPAs, too hoppy and floral for me. Maybe that would of been a better initial comment.

As for beer I do enjoy why would I be posting about that in a thread about brew dog?

I like Foster. His headband especially.

I’ve never tried Brewdog or any “craft” beer.

Vodka man myself.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nice.

I was in Calais last week for the annual feline cross-channel swimming contest. The English cat was called One,Two,Three. The French one was called Un,Deux,Trois. The English cat won because the Un, Deux, Trois Cat sank.

What a horrible fate for the poor kitty. (I think that should be a 'Joke Du Jour' thread).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

There’s no rules. I’ve seen threads turn from football to a 4 page heated debate about milk in coffee before. The coffee debate was far more interesting.

What’s your favourite Belgian beer/style?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
There’s no rules. I’ve seen threads turn from football to a 4 page heated debate about milk in coffee before. The coffee debate was far more interesting.

I like milk.

And I like coffee.

But never ever ever put them together. That's just vile.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I like milk.

And I like coffee.

But never ever ever put them together. That's just vile.

Agree.

Although I find milk is best when put into a shake and luzzed at fascists.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I kind of agree, although Thornbridge could justifiably claim to be the ones that lit the blue touch paper as they were around for a couple of years before BrewDog muscled in.

Didn’t one of the Brewdog boys cut his teeth with Thorn ridge whilst helping develop Jaipur. I prefer Punk to Jaipur btw although still a lovely drop.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Didn’t one of the Brewdog boys cut his teeth with Thorn ridge whilst helping develop Jaipur. I prefer Punk to Jaipur btw although still a lovely drop.

Aye. Martin Dickie brewed at Thornbridge before founding BrewDog with James Watt.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I make no apologies for letting ‘Pumps’ have 6 or 7 cans on a Friday night,

And you’d need to have a dog for that quip to work.

Fridat, Shirley.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They have beer fridges in the showers at their hotel. That's a nice touch.

I would agree with some on here about Punk IPA being shit though, a tad over rated.

Elvis Juice however is wonderful stuff!

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Aye. Martin Dickie brewed at Thornbridge before founding BrewDog with James Watt.

I'm sure this article about BrewDog in the Guardian was chanced upon on this forum, but have re-posted the link. What's great about Brewdog ( like most other industry disrupters) is that you can be amused or offended by their antics; or better still, be amused by other people getting offended.....

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...ous-infuriating-and-ingenious-rise-of-brewdog

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here