Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Is this it? Seriously? You have stated they’re a “pretty horrible company.” based on one aged punks annoyance they use the word Punk and a minor **** up their over zealous legal department made with a trademark. A **** up the Brewdog owners moved quick to apologise for, an apology which was accepted and ultimately ended up bringing the two parties together and collaborating. There really isn’t anything to see here.

The AF Punk brand design squabble is a slightly stronger argument. You should have used this.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Looks like he regularly pees on the 'lawn' after drinking that. :)

She does. Mind you you know what it’s like once you’ve had skinful and gotta go.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, if they didn't have their bar in Edinburgh Airport then I'd have to spend the three hours I regularly have to wait for the Gatwick flight in 'Spoons with gangs of Weedgie stag parties instead of sitting with a Jet Black Heart and a Chorizo Dog.

Plus I did a tasting afternoon at the Brighton establishment and the guy running it was a Dane with a massive beard and tats who used slightly strange words to describe the cheese they paired the beers with. He could have come delivered to the bar by DPD in a box marked "ready made hipster". It was both informative and hilarious.

But, most of all, the FRIDAT thread would simply not be the same without ICE COLD Punk.

For all these reasons I'm IN.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

So it’s one brewery with the hump. Largely about copyright, which Brewdog have been shrewd enough to obtain. People would get the hump if another brewery started making Harvey’s Sussex, because Harvey’s have the copyright on that name for a beer.

A brewery in Horsham some years ago, after the demise of King and Barnes, came up wit a beer they called Festive, IiRC the owners of the copyright of K&B Festive (By now Hall and Woodlouse) stopped them calling it that, even though they weren’t making the stuff.

What next, Hyundai making a car badged as Range Rover? A League Two football club renaming itself Liverpool?

Bully boys? Not really, just people protecting something they’ve built IMO.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
So it’s one brewery with the hump. Largely about copyright, which Brewdog have been shrewd enough to obtain. People would get the hump if another brewery started making Harvey’s Sussex, because Harvey’s have the copyright on that name for a beer.

A brewery in Horsham some years ago, after the demise of King and Barnes, came up wit a beer they called Festive, IiRC the owners of the copyright of K&B Festive (By now Hall and Woodlouse) stopped them calling it that, even though they weren’t making the stuff.

What next, Hyundai making a car badged as Range Rover? A League Two football club renaming itself Liverpool?

506174184_c92984b55a_z.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Don't particularly hate them, although not a fan of the 'punk' ethic malarkey they come up with or their beer - although I'm not a Harvey's fan either :D (prefer something from Sharps :thumbsup:)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is this it? Seriously? You have stated they’re a “pretty horrible company.” based on one aged punks annoyance they use the word Punk and a minor **** up their over zealous legal department made with a trademark. A **** up the Brewdog owners moved quick to apologise for, an apology which was accepted and ultimately ended up bringing the two parties together and collaborating. There really isn’t anything to see here.

The AF Punk brand design squabble is a slightly stronger argument. You should have used this.

You know a LOT about real ale. I’ll bet you’ve got a beard and an anorak.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well, if they didn't have their bar in Edinburgh Airport then I'd have to spend the three hours I regularly have to wait for the Gatwick flight in 'Spoons with gangs of Weedgie stag parties instead of sitting with a Jet Black Heart and a Chorizo Dog.

Plus I did a tasting afternoon at the Brighton establishment and the guy running it was a Dane with a massive beard and tats who used slightly strange words to describe the cheese they paired the beers with. He could have come delivered to the bar by DPD in a box marked "ready made hipster". It was both informative and hilarious.

But, most of all, the FRIDAT thread would simply not be the same without ICE COLD Punk.

For all these reasons I'm IN.

Only in BRIGHTON could you have such a session.

An ale and cheese meeting FFS.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Think you need to get out more, pretty much happens all over the place

Nothing better than the Bermondsey beer mile with cheese tastings along the way

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

:lolol:

You can actually get it in any Brewdog pub in the country, except Edinburgh Airport.

My dad used to drink his Webster's Yorkshire Bitter with a cracker or two of Red Leicester and some pickled onions. No one considered that poncey, particularly my mum.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

On a related point, what’s your view on this?

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/bonzodogbanned/

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm guessing many of the Brewdog naysayers on here worship at the altar of Harveys, the absolute epitome of insipid, tasteless ale. They may be a Sussex company, but their beers are utter gash.

I like both. :shrug:

Although I tend to drink more Harveys as it's about £2 a pint cheaper.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think this Fridat should be a celebration of Punk IPA. I think we should all stock up and have Punk as our first beer.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I've said it before and I'll say it again without Brewdog and specifically Punk IPA the beer scene in this country would look totally different. In any burgeoning industry you need flag bearers. Brewdog were very much that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think this Fridat should be a celebration of Punk IPA. I think we should all stock up and have Punk as our first beer.

I agree HT but who can we have to champion this ale on our behalf. Maybe if it was ‘Ice cold’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here