Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brew dog at it again !

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Do many people vanish completely after a night there, though?

Indeed....it can be an experience in loss, your faculties and your cash.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I'm actually basing my views on following their progress since their inception, speaking to a number of their top people, writing various pieces about them, listening to what various brewers and journalists have said about their business model and marketing activity, watching their presentations at various trade events, and tasting their beers.

And let's not forget they are Scottish, so they are genetically disposed to being miserable and negative.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm actually basing my views on following their progress since their inception, speaking to a number of their top people, writing various pieces about them, listening to what various brewers and journalists have said about their business model and marketing activity, watching their presentations at various trade events, and tasting their beers.

Wow. Fair play. So you obviously know your stuff about them. I guess it's about opinions though, and ours differ.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does it cost a small fortune, show hints of brilliance, but ultimately disappear without trace leaving only a bad taste in the mouth?

:smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Care to show us any of your articles?

God knows where they're all lurking, most were written for various trade mags and some are admittedly no more than press release rewrites, others are part of wider features on the beer industry. I wrote a few bits and pieces about the brewery expansion and how it was financed and have done a few general pieces about very strong beers - and it's impossible to write those articles without phoning Brewdog. I'd rather not disclose personal details on here but by all means PM me and you can at least Google, if you're really interested.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
My point is that this unelected, unaccountable group, controlled by those listed companies, who in turn control the vast majority of the UK's alcohol production supplies, are interested only in keeping the industry aligned with THEIR view of how the industry should be managed and marketed. In one breath castigating Brewdog for a minor labeling indiscretion, when at the same time producing millions of bottles of blue, pink and orange alcopops solely targeted at the youngsters, and sold in bumper bogof type deals......hypocrites one and all.

I'm giving 'this' a 9.5 out of 10. BUT I can't dance to it.

Love your work

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here