Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The land their current ground is on was owned by the Fullers family and was donated to them. There's still a big connection between them and the brewery, I've had some input into the set up at the new ground.

They have a huge issue though as they have agreed to leave the old ground end of this season. The lock down has caused delays but the biggest issue is that they are unable to get a safety certificate until there's been ramp up events held, and as we know no one is allowed to have any sort of large gathering. They may have to share if they get promoted as they may be able to extend their stay at the old ground but would not want to spend the money to make it Premiership standard (floodlights, tv points etc)

That depends on the state of play at the start of next season. If the PL season starts behind closed doors, then they would get a safety certificate for that, no problem.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The football show now

Emile Heskey " I think they've left it a bit late "
Phil Babb " Do they rest players for the play offs , tricky decision to make "

POINT BEHIND WITH A BETTER GD YOU MUGS

They've also won every game since returning from lockdown and if you look at EVERY form table over the last 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 games they are top of it so they were at it before then as well.

I suppose the "experts" will argue its Leeds/WBA to throw away. They win both of their last two games and they are promoted. But to think about resting players for the play off is probably the reason why I saw Phil Babb at the cheapest nastiest golf club a couple of years back, expert analysis like that must mean he way down the pecking order for media jobs.

Fair play to them. They look a good side. Real shame their fans won't be able to properly say goodbye to a cracking ground, I'm sure promotion may soften that blow a little bit.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Really hope Brentford do it. New stadium is finished and looks marvellous.

After the cracking 3-3 at Griffin Park in our promotion season, my dad and I had a drink a fair bit away from the ground and ended up talking for hours with two of theirs. Having been 3-2 up in the 96th minute, they were extremely complementary about us. Have sat in the home end and watched us get battered many times as well (always difficult getting a ticket). Much prefer them to the lesser Albion.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Really hope Brentford do it. New stadium is finished and looks marvellous.

After the cracking 3-3 at Griffin Park in our promotion season, my dad and I had a drink a fair bit away from the ground and ended up talking for hours with two of theirs. Having been 3-2 up in the 96th minute, they were extremely complementary about us. Have sat in the home end and watched us get battered many times as well (always difficult getting a ticket). Much prefer them to the lesser Albion.

That was a great day out :thumbsup:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They are incredibly thrilling going forwards. If they go up this season with the new ground and their amazing recruitment they'll be a serious team next year. Three from WBA, Leeds, Fulham and Brentford. Ouch.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They could get automatically promoted if they keep this up, hopefully at the expense of Leeds.

Massive pressure on West Brom at Huddersfield tomorrow night, it won't be easy with Huds not safe

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I don't think I've ever been so angry and so happy in a span of four minutes. Absolute mental last 15 minutes.

Ever so :thumbsup:
Mrs AR and myself had the luxury of being allowed the use of my mate, Brentford Barrie ST, where we ended up in the Ealing Rd end amongst the local natives.
When Stockdale saved that penalty, oh boy did I squirm with joy :lolol:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Hudders 1-0 up!

Would laugh if the lesser Albion bottled it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
91856a44aeb6d34c248c082aaf4d9e2d.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like Bilic, I like West Brom as a club but I don't see anything in their line-up to fear in the Prem next season.

Brentford - on the other hand - have a very potent front three in Watkins, Mbeuno and Benrahma and would give anyone a game the form they're in.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
That's a lovely looking ground. If they do go up, I hope our game against them is in the second half of the season so there's an outside chance of me getting to it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Long 10 minutes for Brentford fans

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ho ho ho. Huddersfield score.

PILTDOWN MAN