Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Trossard was immense for me, and no matter how many times I watch that goal I still can’t believe it went in, it’s like an optical illusion, the real match ball, when it leaves Tross’s foot, goes just wide of the right hand post into the crowd if you watch very carefully.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.

I'm pleased with the results we've got, but I think we all know we are capable of playing a lot better. I'm not sure that in 4 games so far we've come close to the heights of last season, playing wise ???

I think that great play will return. We’re getting used to the loss of BW who so often instinctively turned defence into attack.

Cucurella, March and Moder will show us their best, plus Lamptey’s return isn’t far off.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Really awesome to think that results-wise this is the greatest moment in the history of our beloved club so far.....

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
It's amazing, considering our chance creation has been so low. We've been taking our chances.

Polar opposite of last season. We can speculate why we are taking our chances this season- practice, tactics, good fortune, or a combination of these?

But at the same time, our chance creation is now very low and it is a concern. Again, we can speculate why that is. In part, I don't think we have played very well for much of this season so far - in addition I believe Potter's gone more direct and the side is adapting to that, but also losing White and replacing him with Duffy is a factor.

I don’t want it to look like I’m picking on you as I keep replying to your posts.

However, once again you are saying things that don’t stack up in reality.

This season, in our FOUR Premier League games we have had 45 shots with 16 on target, today’s game being the low point with just 4 and 2, prior to today we had averaged over 13 shots at goal and just under 5 on target. At the same time our opposition statistics in those 4 games have been 45 shots against, with just 10 on target.

I’m not sure these stats confirm your assertion that our chance creation is “very low”, in all but 3 of our 4 games we have had more shots on target then our opposition, the exception being Everton. What more do you want, other than Duffy replaced...?

As for “much of this season, so far” we have played FOUR games!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:facepalm:

Some fans really fail to see any kind of bigger picture beyond the results do they.

It's like when we were playing really well last season and not getting the results to show for it. Some fans were getting irate, some even calling for Potter's head at times, failing to see the bigger picture.

The bigger picture now is that we have not been brilliant this season so far. We've been OK, but we were a lot better last season. So it is bizarre we're doing so well - in part it's because we've been more clinical, credit to Potter and the goalscorers for this.

If we continue to play like we have been we will start to drop points... an ideal scenario where the league is our oyster is where we can combine the chance creation (xG) of last season and the ability to take our chances from this season (so far). It would result in a top 10 finish 100%, if not higher.

Can’t you just relax and enjoy today?

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Here's a sobering thought for everyone we won our third game in January last season and this season we have gone three out of four…
If that isn't a testament to how far our team has come then I don't know what is. ��

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
:facepalm:

Some fans really fail to see any kind of bigger picture beyond the results do they.

It's like when we were playing really well last season and not getting the results to show for it. Some fans were getting irate, some even calling for Potter's head at times, failing to see the bigger picture.

The bigger picture now is that we have not been brilliant this season so far. We've been OK, but we were a lot better last season. So it is bizarre we're doing so well - in part it's because we've been more clinical, credit to Potter and the goalscorers for this.

If we continue to play like we have been we will start to drop points... an ideal scenario where the league is our oyster is where we can combine the chance creation (xG) of last season and the ability to take our chances from this season (so far). It would result in a top 10 finish 100%, if not higher.

The even bigger picture is that we're only 4 games into the season and its too early to talk too much about results or quality of play.

You are right that points will be dropped though. Its normal, though I'd be happy to be wrong and see a 37 wins 0 draws 1 loss record.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Here's a sobering thought for everyone we won our third game in January last season and this season we have gone three out of four…
If that isn't a testament to how far our team has come then I don't know what is. ��

Yeah - but we haven't played anyone good yet...:smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1436485662233006112[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's certainly nice to be concerned we might be this seasons Southampton. :lol:

#EverThePessimist

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I was in the ticket queue behind Tony in the H entry turnstiles. I couldn't believe it was him,
so I didn't ask for a photo or anything. I'm kicking myself.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Are all of supporters living abroad able to watch our games easily rather tan looking for dodgy streams

We watch through Optus sport in Australia. $99 a year (about 50 pounds). Has all the games, internationals, catch up and different shows.

V good.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Are all of supporters living abroad able to watch our games easily rather tan looking for dodgy streams

Yes, in Malaysia. My £7 per month subscription to the recently-launched Sooka that showcases all 380 Premier League matches (including ours) has been a godsend for me from continuously relying on Twitter, NSC and the official site for matchday updates.

TheRealist

Nov 17, 2019
In Nigeria, all PL games are shown on DSTV (cable TV).
In the Gulf (Dubai), all PL games are shown BeIN Sports.

Overseas TV rights is how the PL makes so much money from television contracts, and thus attract the best talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here