Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember when we were “Premier League ready” for what seemed like 5 seasons and in the end we got there. This is currently our strongest squad and I think we will finish higher this season than last, anything between 9th-15th, probably about 12th. Brentford away is a tough fixture, especially at the start of the season. This is not a must win game. It could go either way. If we keep progressing as we have been, I think we will end up finishing in the top ten in the not too distant future. UTA.

I think we have progressed, we have beaten two of our relegation rivals in the first three games. How many of them did we beat in a full season last year?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We are going to beat all the hymenoptera noddy clubs. 1-3 Albion.

That would be something to do with wings. Beyond that I haven't a clue.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m very nervous about today. We need a good start. None of the crap we had in the first half at Burnley or the impotent nonsense against Everton. They’ll still be on a massive high. Real test.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I think Maupay will definitely cop some stick today from the home fans…

I’d be surprised if he does. The last match I saw before lockdown was at Griffin Park, as Brentford very satisfyingly tore MASSIVE a new one. I was wearing my super sleek Brighton black away strip. Lots of Brentford fans were asking how Neal was getting on. He’s loved there and there was no ill will towards him for making the move. It’s been the way Brentford have done business for several years and their supporters seem by and large a decent bunch who know that’s the way it’s had to be for them to grow sustainably.

They won’t be cheering him on but I’d be surprised if he got an earful. I’d expect he gets some cheers when the teams come out.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How many players have they signed? They looked dog shit in the Play Off final

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Nervous anticipation building , fully expect to be under pressure early doors , may even go behind .
But chin up and don't leave early as our refuse to lose attitude comes to the fore !
2-1 to the good guys

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Despite winning the play-offs I think they’re probably the best (or at least most suited to the PL) of the promoted teams so it won’t be an easy game. Although I think we’re stronger than them all over (apart from Toney/Maupay). So it’s a game where we should be looking for 3 points.

Sanchez
Duffy - Dunk - Webster
March - Bissouma - Groß - Cucurella
Lallana
Maupay - Welbeck

Steele, Veltman, Mwepu, Moder, Mac Allister, Trossard, Locadia​​

Let’s bring them back down to Earth with a bang. 0-3.

I think you have the starting 11 correct, with the exception being that I can’t see Welbeck starting and think it’ll be Trossard playing the number 10. And we don’t win away at Brentford.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
View from the posh seats…….

15d5fed253ffcc8604f86a6acb81f71c.jpg

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Looks like a good line up to me. Can't quite believe I'm saying that.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Edit: I’m a moron, read to the end

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here