midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Stockdale gives Brentford a corner. Cheers Northern Dave :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Be nice if Baldock could get on the score sheet (a couple of times)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The Final Stages of the Women’s Top Club got underway at Royal Leamington Spa today. Teams from Egham, Broadway, Saffron Ladies and Norfolk will compete in the Semi Finals on Sunday 14th September from 9.30am.

Thanks that's really helpful :)

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Bullshit. You made a clear inference that the concession of the goal was down to Stockdale's 'concentration', despite the fact the professionals AT the game, paid to describe what is going on, apportioned no blame to the keeper.

What I have written about Stockdale's concentration is there for everyone to see in the post #301...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...h-Thread-***&p=6566533&viewfull=1#post6566533

... and the point I made seems valid to me. I didn't attribute the loss of any particular single goal to Stockdale's lack of concentration, just made a general observation.

Your willingness to stand up for our goalkeeper is commendable, I might even say admirable, but sometimes ignoring a clearly visible problem wouldn't seem to be the most reasonable thing to do.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bennett wide when through............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
People asked for excitement, they've got it. Now hold onto your hats.

On a different note, with these stastics I think I am correct in saying that Goals Scored don't count as 'shots on target'. Can anyone back me up on that?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Given that people want to use statistics to beat Stockdale with, it should be noted that was technically a save, rather than a mistake...

I'm not trying to beat Stockdale with anything. I would have like to have seen/ heard him save the ball without putting it out for a corner. JC seemed to think he could of done so

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
People asked for excitement, they've got it. Now hold onto your hats.

On a different note, with these stastics I think I am correct in saying that Goals Scored don't count as 'shots on target'. Can anyone back me up on that?

Shots on target that end up as goals do get counted as far as I am aware.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What I have written about Stockdale's concentration is there for everyone to see in the post #301...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...h-Thread-***&p=6566533&viewfull=1#post6566533

... and the point I made seems valid to me. I didn't attribute the loss of any particular single goal to Stockdale's lack of concentration, just made a general observation.

Your willingness to stand up for our goalkeeper is commendable, I might even say admirable, but sometimes ignoring a clearly visible problem wouldn't seem to be the most reasonable thing to do.

He's let in 3 from 6 shots on target, now. Button has let in 3 from 4 (inc Greer's chalked off). So by your reckoning, so hung up on stats, he's doing quite well, yes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here