Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford stop taking the knee.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry but this just seems silly to me. In the unlikely scenario that we have the next Messi / Ronaldo under wraps aged eight, how long does that thing last til the player - via his agent - wants more tha the EPL equivalent of more than about THRUPPENCE in wages?

Seems to me to be just daft

I like your style. Just change the subject and make no apologies for it. Better than reading arguments about building sites.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think its a sensible way to tackle it. Plenty of modern world racism occurs because someone else isnt a racist, and people dont want to be like that someone else so they take the opposite view because they cant stand the people having the anti-racist view.

By talking less about race, racism and other polarising identity stuff, in the long run it should make it non-controversial and non-noticeable to have different skin colours. Not making it the hottest topic all the time should normalise not caring about race.

Alternatively, perhaps the reason we're hearing more about it is because as a result of the bigger conversation about race, footballers (in this instance) are more prepared to come out and share when they've been racially abused and more confident to say "enough is enough". In previous times they knew no-one would really care/do anything other that occasionally wear a t-shirt with a slogan on it because of the flawed perception that racism in British football was "fixed" and it was only those nasty "European" hooligans that were racist.

At least that bubble has been burst and the lens can re-focus on actually fixing it in the UK. Not talking about a problem doesn't fix a problem, it just hides it from view.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Here we go again.

The players decided themselves to take the knee. It is down to the players to decide to stop taking the knee.

The fact that not one CPFC failed to kneel the other night suggests that there is no widespread support for Zaha's nonsense - not even amongst his own team mates.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that the overwhelming majority of players still want to kneel. It is their decision. It is their right.

All the time it sets the rascists off and they have their little paddies, the more valued taking the knee becomes.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Free speech isn't something you're very good at if the best you can do is recycling your racist mates' jokes you thick f*ck :lolol: :lolol:

Play nicely Mylene.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Just for the fear and loathing incited in this shower, I hope taking the knee is here to stay.

I may even take one myself, before tonight's match.

Just think about that, gammons, before every telly match, someone, somewhere is taking the knee. Just because he can :shrug:

I will if I need a good laugh.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
lord farqhuarson-smythe is hardly likely to have a weight of collie or a diving knife in his blazer is he..??

i'm sure their orders come from above.

Maybe no knives but two incidents in Sussex where very large tractors were driven into cars with monitors in them.

Many occurrences where horses are ridden at people

A lot of incidents where terrier men and other such 'heavies' employed (including serving soldiers) hitting people and stealing equipment.

On one occasion two hunt monitors were attacked (one who was an ex Policeman) and had his neck fractured.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Maybe no knives but two incidents in Sussex where very large tractors were driven into cars with monitors in them.

Many occurrences where horses are ridden at people

A lot of incidents where terrier men and other such 'heavies' employed (including serving soldiers) hitting people and stealing equipment.

On one occasion two hunt monitors were attacked (one who was an ex Policeman) and had his neck fractured.

your sort of departing from the subject aren't you...?? who is doing the attacking ...? the saboteurs or the hooray henrys...?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
your sort of departing from the subject aren't you...?? who is doing the attacking ...? the saboteurs or the hooray henrys...?

Hooray henrys .... the sabs are mainly passive even when being punched

Its the police are biased tangent and why its important that blm movement needs to be supported.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here