Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford Stadium

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
**** me people, what is wrong with you? Excellent new ground, brilliant atmosphere, great location, easy to get to (apart from train issues which weren’t their fault) loads of pubs in the vicinity, friendly stewards, the only thing I’d say was bad was the fact there was no beer available.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
**** me people, what is wrong with you? Excellent new ground, brilliant atmosphere, great location, easy to get to (apart from train issues which weren’t their fault) loads of pubs in the vicinity, friendly stewards, the only thing I’d say was bad was the fact there was no beer available.

No pleasing some, they just prefer old things including football shirts

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
THIS.

Was in their equivalent of 1901 towards the home end in the main stand and it travelled very well. Acoustically very impressive all round.

Some interesting points from their hospitality:

Peroni £6.50 a pint! Blimus.
Free bottles of Peroni at half time. Supposed to be 1 per ticket holder but nothing stopping you taking more.
Celebrity fan - Krishnan Guru Murthy
Food options excellent but at £10.50 for a burger without fries was very glad we’d met early for a boozy brunch

Nice to be among a set of home fans who didn’t utter the phrase ‘teams like Brighton’ or have a general air of snobbery about them. Which is weird as every other time we’ve played them they’ve come across as total CJTCs.

Fortunately our was free vend for beer and food

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I watched Albion fan after Albion fan directed to the wrong seats. 2 games in you expect teething problems but how hard is it to get block numbers right. As has been said the food choice on offer was dreadful. Falafel - really? And no pies, burgers or hot dogs. I myself can do without a beer as there are so many options before and after the match. The stadium itself was fine and going by coach is a breeze (M25 notwithstanding) but those screens need moving to behind the goals. The sun obscures everything.

Never expect good food at a stadium. There are so many good pubs on the Thames towpath with excellent food.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Looked like an MLS stadium on the telly. I was worried in case big Jurg came on - he didn't do too well in them :wink:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
THIS.

Was in their equivalent of 1901 towards the home end in the main stand and it travelled very well. Acoustically very impressive all round.

Some interesting points from their hospitality:

Peroni £6.50 a pint! Blimus.
Free bottles of Peroni at half time. Supposed to be 1 per ticket holder but nothing stopping you taking more.
Celebrity fan - Krishnan Guru Murthy
Food options excellent but at £10.50 for a burger without fries was very glad we’d met early for a boozy brunch

Nice to be among a set of home fans who didn’t utter the phrase ‘teams like Brighton’ or have a general air of snobbery about them. Which is weird as every other time we’ve played them they’ve come across as total CJTCs.

So no Piglet Pantry pies that is interesting so the away team supporters eat crap then.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So no Piglet Pantry pies that is interesting so the away team supporters eat crap then.

To be fair, pretty much all food sold in sports stadiums is crap and generally a miserable, re-heated and extortionate experience. Always far better options if you have the time and inclination to eat elsewhere.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Interesting about the acoustics. Watching on TV it sounded really loud from both sets of fans so it's surprising to hear(pun intended...) that it didn't sound that loud in the ground.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
not that much different from their old ground in some ways. good views

away end was good, not sure where their equivalent of north stand is cos we didnt really hear them all game
Lets put that correctly --- old ground shit view

el punal

To use another fan’s expression about the stadium - “it’s shoehorned into a piece of land surrounded by railway lines”. To get to the away end you have to follow a maze of paths around office blocks. Still, once inside it’s not too bad although very small, a Championship ground at best. The view from E216 section is good, the bit behind the corner flag and penalty area. The big screen(s) on the top of roof is a waste of time, as are the TV screens dotted around under the roof. The concourse area is okay but a bit confusing with stairs going every which way to your allocated seat.

On leaving, the directions to access Kew Bridge station are lacking and the stewards didn’t seem to have the knowledge either. I was very surprised at how easy and quick it was get onto the platform, after a short queueing process of a couple of minutes. Very unlike Falmer! A Waterloo bound train arrived within about seven minutes and was definitely not crowded. A pleasant surprise that.

All in all, a pleasant but small ground, fabulous location by the Thames with decent pubs, friendly locals, lovely sunny day, and cracking result to boot. What’s not to like? :drink:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
sorry, why isn't there beer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here