Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford have sold over 2300 tickets for next week's game

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I think that's a little harsh on Griffin Park, always a good day out there on the terraces.

Making a weekend of it with a few Bees mates and they're excited about going to the Amex. It's a new ground for them and with Lionel Road being built in a few years time, it'll be a taster for them of what's to come albeit on a smaller scale.

I was fecking JOKING

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So it's a big thanks to Network Rail for a replacement bus service between Three Bridges and Brighton on Saturday then.
This seems to be every other weekend. Disgrace.

Really? Not again. FFS.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Has the rail replacement bus only just been announced by Network Rail? It really does baffle me as to the lack of planning they do around these works....a bus from three bridges effectively doubles the journey time down from London - not a great day to be doing it with many Albion and Brentford fans coming down from London

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For Saturday January 17th...

Engineering work is taking place between Three Bridges and Brighton with all lines closed.

A reduced service will run between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport / Brighton with buses replacing trains between Three Bridges and Brighton / Lewes.

Bedford to Three Bridges / Brighton services will run to an amended timetable with buses replacing trains between Three Bridges and Brighton.

via http://www.southernrailway.com/mobile/your-journey/improvement-works/

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Must be a while since Brentford played down here on a saturday, added to new ground factor still not a bad turnout.

These rail works are the same we encountered going to Watford and Charlton I believe - they are tarting up the Junction which branches off London-Brighton line to Lewes. Anyone know when this is due for completion?

In a selfish way I'm glad this isn't happening on the day of Blackpool away which would make a long day even longer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In a selfish way I'm glad this isn't happening on the day of Blackpool away which would make a long day even longer.
Although this leaves you more time to spend in Blackpool rather than sitting on a train drinking beer.

To be honest, as anyone who has been to Blackpool will tell you, that's not a particularly big win. I was approached by the most minging brass I've ever seen when I was in Blackpool. Sums the dive up nicely.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Although this leaves you more time to spend in Blackpool rather than sitting on a rail replacement bus drinking beer.

To be honest, as anyone who has been to Blackpool will tell you, that's not a particularly big win. I was approached by the most minging brass I've ever seen when I was in Blackpool. Sums the dive up nicely.

Small correction to your post.

Won't mean any extra time in Blackpool as those parts of the journey were booked months ago - only saves us from having to leave earlier.
We are already inconvenienced by having to go to Victoria and get the tube as we can't get to St Pancras (and it costs a bit more too).
Agree with you Simster - Blackpool is a TOILET.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I see Arsenal have sold out also.(4400)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Although this leaves you more time to spend in Blackpool rather than sitting on a train drinking beer.

I thought you were still seeing her?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
12.22 from CJctn due to arrive Lewes (via bus) at 13.54?

Possibly but i'll be somewhere out by Ealing until about midday. Was hoping for a 13.00 train Victoria to Lewes and then the 14.21 from Lewes to make a pre match beverage on the concourse. Likely now to have run the gauntlet of seriously pissing off the Mrs by bringing everything forward or missing the game. Grrr.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
with Brentford bringing 2800 as well as this being Chris hughtons first home game in charge on top of the fact that we have put a couple of results together there should be a decent crowd at the AMEX on Saturday

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
with Brentford bringing 2800 as well as this being Chris hughtons first home game in charge on top of the fact that we have put a couple of results together there should be a decent crowd at the AMEX on Saturday

Inclined to agree, wish I was able to pass on a spare...PM me if you can help.

PG

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Seems like approx. 3700 unsold for Brentford game suggesting announced crowd will be around 27,000.

So just the regulation "Nth biggest" home gate in our club's 114 year history...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Seems like approx. 3700 unsold for Brentford game suggesting announced crowd will be around 27,000.

So just the regulation "Nth biggest" home gate in our club's 114 year history...

And we all know what happens when we get a big crowd full of optimism....sigh....Seriously wondering whether to bother turning up on saturday now :(

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
And we all know what happens when we get a big crowd full of optimism....sigh....Seriously wondering whether to bother turning up on saturday now :(
I suspect there will be a degree of optimism and a big dose of caution to temper it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I suspect there will be a degree of optimism and a big dose of caution to temper it.

I will be bringing shedloads of caution to the game as well as some nervous anticipation. I shall be intrigued to see if we have learnt from the last two games where we have been torn a new one on the flanks. An interesting challenge for Hughton. Brentford are a very handy side we will be well tested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here