Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford have sold over 2300 tickets for next week's game

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Cup attendances? Check what ours was at with dean.

They will definitely get 15-16k in their new ground if in top 12 of the champ. Selling out their home games currently.

Why so sure? They have a great ground currently, no excuses for not going to a match yet they get around 10k and didn't manage a sell out against Fulham. They are a club surrounded by other larger clubs and hence floating support is not as available as for others. It's a problem for all London clubs, that is why the Palace support isn't what you may expect when they are doing well.

The point I was making is that they have a great ground at present not too far off that sort of capacity and given the problems we have in breaking even with a new ground with much larger attendances I can't see the point of them moving. It's not as if its falling down, some redevelopment and moderate expansion would be far better in my opinion.

For them to find another 50% to achieve your quoted attendance figures when there is absolutely nothing preventing those people from going now is some leap of faith in my opinion.

Currently loads of space in the home ends. However, with the recent upturn in form, CH's Amex debut, over 3 weeks since our last home game and maybe some of those grabbing Arsenal tickets later this week when they go on sale to the masses being tempted to grab one too, it could be a darn decent turnout. Especially if it's a nice day!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
If i can shuffle a few things around I'll be getting a ticket. I wouldn't have dreamt of it a few weeks a go, but with Xmas out of the way and a new man at the helm it feels worth the hassle.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why so sure? They have a great ground currently, no excuses for not going to a match yet they get around 10k and didn't manage a sell out against Fulham. They are a club surrounded by other larger clubs and hence floating support is not as available as for others. It's a problem for all London clubs, that is why the Palace support isn't what you may expect when they are doing well.

The point I was making is that they have a great ground at present not too far off that sort of capacity and given the problems we have in breaking even with a new ground with much larger attendances I can't see the point of them moving. It's not as if its falling down, some redevelopment and moderate expansion would be far better in my opinion.

For them to find another 50% to achieve your quoted attendance figures when there is absolutely nothing preventing those people from going now is some leap of faith in my opinion.
Yep, 15-16k averages is lala land for Brentford at this level. However, they could easily average 12-13k in a good season. I was trying to think of a comparable club, size wise, and their gates - Doncaster must be similar, and would probably get 13k if they were flying high in this league.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Wow, a third of their home attendance in the cup. Well done them. Given that they failed to attract more than 6500 home fans when flying high and playing great football you do wonder what the point is in building a new higher capacity ground. Their ground at present is great, small but really very good and just where it should be. I think it's a big mistake for such a small London club with so many other bigger clubs surrounding them to move from such a facility.

I think you'll find that their current league home attendances are circa 10k per game.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Currently loads of space in the home ends. However, with the recent upturn in form, CH's Amex debut, over 3 weeks since our last home game and maybe some of those grabbing Arsenal tickets later this week when they go on sale to the masses being tempted to grab one too, it could be a darn decent turnout. Especially if it's a nice day!

After all ST sales maybe a day of letting those buy a brentgird to allow them the right to buy an Arsenal may have boosted the coffers and sorted out the complete glory hunters

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I think you'll find that their current league home attendances are circa 10k per game.

That's right, including away figures. Better than 6.5 k but not by much.

I guess the need for the new ground is driven more by the restrictions regarding terracing, which probably means that the capacity would drop dramatically from its current 13k to make it all seater and would cause a problem with demand, even with 10k attendances.

It seems a real shame though to move out of that ground when its so close to being what they need. That's progress I guess though.....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bees have been given 437 more seats

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So I assume Brentford will bring 2,500ish.

Pretendance of around 28,000+ and an attendance not far below that.

So I assume Brentford will bring 2,500ish.

Pretendance of around 28,000+ and an attendance not far below that.

I would concur with that. Maybe a few more bees too. Every chance there will be a handful also available on the day for them even if the other 400 get snapped up.

2nd biggest home gate of the season? I would have never predicted it to be against Brentford!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
sales are slow in the home areas...

27,451 (2,786 away)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Welcome Brentford to a state of the art ground unlike your 1970's shithole.
I expect you to take all 3 points off of us like most teams do:moo:

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Brentford to a state of the art ground unlike your 1970's shithole.
I expect you to take all 3 points off of us like most teams do:moo:

I think that's a little harsh on Griffin Park, always a good day out there on the terraces.

Making a weekend of it with a few Bees mates and they're excited about going to the Amex. It's a new ground for them and with Lionel Road being built in a few years time, it'll be a taster for them of what's to come albeit on a smaller scale.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think that's a little harsh on Griffin Park, always a good day out there on the terraces.

Making a weekend of it with a few Bees mates and they're excited about going to the Amex. It's a new ground for them and with Lionel Road being built in a few years time, it'll be a taster for them of what's to come albeit on a smaller scale.

Griffin Park was a great day out for the FA Cup match, went to all 4 pubs and enjoyed being on a terrace again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here