Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford fan on 606 now

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m calling bullshit, I don’t believe you

Take a look at the voting on the latest poll. There definitely are those who consistently declared their lack of support for Potter's continued supremoship. Many stopped posting some time ago.

I will explain my thinking. If you have decided to see the manager gone then say so and stick with it. If you are just musing, then it starts to get creepy. Especially when it goes hand in hand (different people on the same bandwagon) with musings about BarberOUT, money grubbing, blah blah.

I hate all this shit. Who has the money to step in and take the club on? Which bloke, exactly? As far as bottle tops and the like is concerned, this has been explained ad nauseam. As far as signing Callum Striker is concerned, some fat bloke with a red face bursting into Bloom's office and demanding that he knows what's what and who to buy and how (metaphorically, on NSC) is as silly as . . . .

Oh, well. Sometimes I wonder why I bother. Football is supposed to be fun, and engaging in the fan equivalent of war gaming over what the club should be doing and isn't, while claiming at he 11th hour that they are actually four square behind Tony and the project, is all a bit fourth form.

I'm getting close to giving NSC another ten year holiday. I'm rather fond of my club and what I hate most is people, ostensibly supporters, taking the piss out of it. Mocking it, laughing and sniping at it's leadership. As if Bloom and co are clueless.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's the culture he's created. Any hint of criticism on any flaws the club has and it's shut down with total hysteria that anyone would dare say anything vaguely negative about a club who can only be described as 'well run'.

Ha ! On NSC ? Twitter ? Facebook ? On the concourses ? On fan podcasts .? Journalists ? Match of the Day ? 606 ? Come off it.
It’s not being shut down very well is it !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I believe it was junior on a wind up and the Swede fell for it.

Junior was one. Was he on the wind up? He's certainly a troll (although he has denied that - he would, of course).

The NSC trolls should be burned, in my opinion :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm sure you have example quotes in your weird stalker database that say exactly and clearly that, without interpretation?

My weird database? I use northstandchat.com. Certainly weird at times but certainly not mine.

And yes, dougie004 and dwayne has expressed it clearly, THPP perhaps less so but frequently mentioning that TB is just in it for the money and if it wasnt TB some other billionaire would have bought the club built the stadium and so on. And there's more, cant remember exactly which ones but if you made a anonymous poll "would you accept/want a horrible person as owner if it meant £300m of investments in new players" I'm fairly sure that it wouldnt be a 100% no vs 0% yes vote.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My weird database? I use northstandchat.com. Certainly weird at times but certainly not mine.

And yes, dougie004 and dwayne has expressed it clearly, THPP perhaps less so but frequently mentioning that TB is just in it for the money and if it wasnt TB some other billionaire would have bought the club built the stadium and so on. And there's more, cant remember exactly which ones but if you made a anonymous poll "would you accept/want a horrible person as owner if it meant £300m of investments in new players" I'm fairly sure that it wouldnt be a 100% no vs 0% yes vote.

:lolol:

So three people you can't evidence, one of whom (dwayne) is not only one of the more subtle wind up merchants on here but was actually the bloke (to give him credit) who called that we were interested in Potter when CH was still manager.

NSC has about 3000 or so members, fewer regular posters and an aging demographic. Despite that, [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] 's latest poll, posted in a moment of needy validation, has about 93% of fans Potter in.

You won't get 100% in the poll you describe, because there's a number of people who actually get NSC who'd vote "team despot" just to wind you up.

But wanting 100% is a little, well, Putin-ish

Last edited:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Ha ! On NSC ? Twitter ? Facebook ? On the concourses ? On fan podcasts .? Journalists ? Match of the Day ? 606 ? Come off it.
It’s not being shut down very well is it !
I meant shot down rather than shut down.

But an odd thing to pick up on when anyone who reads the local press Albion footage can see how censored it is with their own eyes. Just look at the coverage of the John Morling story for a recent example. Or any of Naylor's cheerleading articles on the Athletic.

Of course he can't shut down Match of the Day, that is the hysteria I'm talking about. Goodness.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Take a look at the voting on the latest poll. There definitely are those who consistently declared their lack of support for Potter's continued supremoship. Many stopped posting some time ago.

I will explain my thinking. If you have decided to see the manager gone then say so and stick with it. If you are just musing, then it starts to get creepy. Especially when it goes hand in hand (different people on the same bandwagon) with musings about BarberOUT, money grubbing, blah blah.

I hate all this shit. Who has the money to step in and take the club on? Which bloke, exactly? As far as bottle tops and the like is concerned, this has been explained ad nauseam. As far as signing Callum Striker is concerned, some fat bloke with a red face bursting into Bloom's office and demanding that he knows what's what and who to buy and how (metaphorically, on NSC) is as silly as . . . .

Oh, well. Sometimes I wonder why I bother. Football is supposed to be fun, and engaging in the fan equivalent of war gaming over what the club should be doing and isn't, while claiming at he 11th hour that they are actually four square behind Tony and the project, is all a bit fourth form.

I'm getting close to giving NSC another ten year holiday. I'm rather fond of my club and what I hate most is people, ostensibly supporters, taking the piss out of it. Mocking it, laughing and sniping at it's leadership. As if Bloom and co are clueless.

5E841FA3-6E0B-4ED6-B236-9A6FC0F2F1EA.jpeg

Anyone else?

Seriously H, keep it f****** simple mate. :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A reminder of what being a fan of a club that came from nowhere, got a smart English owner, consolidated, built a new stadium, and eventually climbed into the EPL is all about.

From some of the posts and threads on NSC during the Potter era, it seems that there is a contagion of long term memory loss hereabouts. Very disapointing.

Honeymoon period innit.

Let's see how Brentford fans feel five years in - especially if they've won just 3 of 14 home games....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

anyone who reads the local press Albion footage can see how censored it is with their own eyes.

Of course he can't shut down Match of the Day, that is the hysteria I'm talking about. Goodness.

Ok. So it’s not shot down then at all.

I’ll ignore the idea that our local press / websites are censored.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
:lolol:

So three people you can't evidence, one of whom (dwayne) is not only one of the more subtle wind up merchants on here but was actually the bloke (to give him credit) who called that we were interested in Potter when CH was still manager.

NSC has about 3000 or so members, fewer regular posters and an aging demographic. Despite that, [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] 's latest poll, posted in a moment of needy validation, has about 93% of fans Potter in.

You won't get 100% in the poll you describe, because there's a number of people of actually get NSC who'd vote "team despot" just to wind you up.

But wanting 100% is a little, well, Putin-ish

:shrug: I "can evidence" (whatever this means) them, I just dont have the energy in this exact moment but I doubt you actually question it when it comes to these three people. dwayne being the first to notice rumours about GP is all kinds of irrelevant.

You're right, I would like 100% as that seems fair and sensible. After all he spent £300m so that you and other bitter elderly men can sit around and moan about losing against Liverpool.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Honeymoon period innit.

Let's see how Brentford fans feel five years in - especially if they've won just 3 of 14 home games....

Yes, I had some musings on that, later in the thread. It is particularly a thing for the smaller clubs, like Brentford (we can expect) and ourselves. Still....to be able to recapture the moments of magic and run with them forever, is a blessing. I would gladly embrace that, and will try to do so. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:shrug: I "can evidence" (whatever this means) them, I just dont have the energy in this exact moment but I doubt you actually question it when it comes to these three people. dwayne being the first to notice rumours about GP is all kinds of irrelevant.

You're right, I would like 100% as that seems fair and sensible. After all he spent £300m so that you and other bitter elderly men can sit around and moan about losing against Liverpool.

Point of order.

I'm 63 and quite content.

Don't be ageist, now. OK? ???

:wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

100% of what?

NSC members? NSC regular posters? Those who sit in the intersected part of a Venn diagram between Insta, Facebook, Twitter and NSC? Those who sit in all those sets? Everyone who's ever set foot in The Amex unless it was in the away end (possibly excluding those who were invited into hospitality but secretly support the opposition)? Everyone in Brighton?

Pretty much only psychopaths demand 100% results. See Putin, V.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I can guarantee 100% that THPP has never said Tony Bloom is in it just for the money. That is the most ridiculous thing you have ever posted. Tony Bloom has loaned the club over £350million to build the stadium, and training ground. He’s converted some of that interest free loan into shares.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I do find you get a tough wrap sometimes but this is just plain dumb. I appreciate you were probably doing something else somewhere else at the time, but bottom of league one - there were definitely not other billionaires floating around waiting to invest. Bloom had been silently investing for a number of years (his first was actually putting in the money to buy Glenn Murray)

How many billionaires have ever bought clubs in league one ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

But an odd thing to pick up on when anyone who reads the local press Albion footage can see how censored it is with their own eyes. Just look at the coverage of the John Morling story for a recent example. Or any of Naylor's cheerleading articles on the Athletic.

Do you honesty think there is some big conspiracy and the media (local or otherwise) are being censored?
The story you mentioned was reported but I would hazard a guess the lack of extra information is because it being dealt with internally, much like any private company deals with employee issues.
The club is 100 million + business and is run accordingly

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
100% of what?

NSC members? NSC regular posters? Those who sit in the intersected part of a Venn diagram between Insta, Facebook, Twitter and NSC? Those who sit in all those sets? Everyone who's ever set foot in The Amex unless it was in the away end (possibly excluding those who were invited into hospitality but secretly support the opposition)? Everyone in Brighton?

Pretty much only psychopaths demand 100% results. See Putin, V.

I said I would like it to be 100% (you can pick any of those groups), not that I demand it.

Failing to recognise the difference between "would like" and "demand" is pretty psycho stuff in quite a few scenarios.

He s not what he s lead you to believe!
There’s been a few glitches in his rhetoric
That unmask him Use his analytical approach to confirm this :wink:
Not what he seems !

So... you guys got some decent smoko loco down there right now? Wouldnt mind a bit of nice old fashioned paranoia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here