Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford fan on 606 now

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Agree with the comment about the club comms exasperating the situation. Barber and GPot simply can't handle criticism.

The season has had a lot of ups and downs but certainly hasn't been a bad one even though we are on a shit run.

We are all grateful for the way the club has developed, but part of the fun of being a fan of a smaller club is that you get excited about when things are going well and pissed off when you're not getting points and goals.

There is no excuse for millionaire employees on the payroll or managers in their first Premier League job getting pissy about what fans are and aren't allowed to criticise.

Good luck to Brentford. They are punching above their weight with lots to be excited about. But if they appoint a CEO who constantly money-grabs, patronises supporters and is only interested in getting positive praise in the press about how well run the club is, then chances are eventually a chunk of their supporters will get a bit hacked off after only a handful of home wins in three seasons of top half aspirations.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
unspoken hints about wanting to swap Tony Bloom for some rich slave-owner fascist from one country or another.

You know SO little about Albion fans. I would be out the door so fast if TB sold the club to someone like that and I'd suggest a good number would too. We aren't Geordies.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He was right imo, we thrashed Leeds 0-0, it was disappointing but the boos were more entitled shit that so many deny

Booing a 0-0? Really?

Were they, or were they booing 8 league games without a win (9 games if you include the cup game v Leicester)? Were they booing two and half months without an open play goal at the amex? A run that included games against then winless norwich and winless newcastle, a struggling villa (who were doing so badly they were moved to sack their manager), and a Leeds side who had only managed two wins (v watford and norwich) when they faced us?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let’s see if their mindset and expectations are altered if they survive 4 seasons in the league. Initially it’s all very exciting and you can’t believe it’s real, but the constant scanning of the bottom 1/4 of the table can become exhausting for many and the glitz and glamour of the Premier League feels like a chore.

Yes. This did go through my mind as I typed.....:lolol: :bowdown:

Wouldn't happen at Newcastle though.

Or Citeh.

Or Leeds.

Perhaps I should have added 'obviously tune down the decibel expectation and crank up the can't-be-bothered factor based on how 'big' a club we are talking about, and I realise that neither Brentford nor Brighton are big clubs.

The long term is a funny old thing, though. As I said to Richard Burton back in the 60s "You may be married to the hottest and dirtiest actress in the history of cinematography (apart from Fanny Ardant, obviously), but just think of the state of her tits when she hits 50???"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree with the comment about the club comms exasperating the situation. Barber and GPot simply can't handle criticism.

The season has had a lot of ups and downs but certainly hasn't been a bad one even though we are on a shit run.

We are all grateful for the way the club has developed, but part of the fun of being a fan of a smaller club is that you get excited about when things are going well and pissed off when you're not getting points and goals.

There is no excuse for millionaire employees on the payroll or managers in their first Premier League job getting pissy about what fans are and aren't allowed to criticise.

Good luck to Brentford. They are punching above their weight with lots to be excited about. But if they appoint a CEO who constantly money-grabs, patronises supporters and is only interested in getting positive praise in the press about how well run the club is, then chances are eventually a chunk of their supporters will get a bit hacked off after only a handful of home wins in three seasons of top half aspirations.

Barber OUT!!!!

Seriously, though, are you suggesting Barber is stealing our money and shoving it under his sofa, or shoving it into running the club? If the former I suggest slander. If the latter I suggest the solution is, given we can't afford a proper striker, Tony should sell up. I heard that Abramovic is looking to buy a new club ???

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

They don't need Barber. Just multiple seasons between 12th and 17th in the PL.

It is the definition of stultifying.

Occasional decent games are good. And the team/manager/club will get leeway during and after moderately successful surges up the table to the heady heights of 9th-11th.

But it is not what being a football fan is about. And runs of matches with no wins and few goals will inevitably be greeted with releasing of frustration.

Last edited:

Aug 18, 2013
Barber OUT!!!!

Seriously, though, are you suggesting Barber is stealing our money and shoving it under his sofa, or shoving it into running the club? If the former I suggest slander. If the latter I suggest the solution is, given we can't afford a proper striker, Tony should sell up. I heard that Abramovic is looking to buy a new club ???

By money grab i mean squeezing fans for every last penny. Not money laundering for christ sake. Get a grip

That's the culture he's created. Any hint of criticism on any flaws the club has and it's shut down with total hysteria that anyone would dare say anything vaguely negative about a club who can only be described as 'well run'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Were they, or were they booing 8 league games without a win (9 games if you include the cup game v Leicester)? Were they booing two and half months without an open play goal at the amex? A run that included games against then winless norwich and winless newcastle, a struggling villa (who were doing so badly they were moved to sack their manager), and a Leeds side who had only managed two wins (v watford and norwich) when they faced us?

Booing when you have dominated a team and are doing well points wise is OK then? Not for me Clive

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, that IS entitled

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
By money grab i mean squeezing fans for every last penny. Not money laundering for christ sake. Get a grip

That's the culture he's created. Any hint of criticism on any flaws the club has and it's shut down with total hysteria that anyone would dare say anything vaguely negative about a club who can only be described as 'well run'.

Mmmmmm......no. Sorry, all I can hear is the buzzing of wasps.

Culture....criticism....hysteria....squeezing fans..... not my experience . . .I have a lovely seat and my day is undermined (a tiny bit) only by the cramped concourse due to the massive number of supporters, and the difficulty parking owing to the massive number of supporters :shrug:

But you're happy with the 'on-pitch' experience, though? ???

Aug 18, 2013
Mmmmmm......no. Sorry, all I can hear is the buzzing of wasps.

Culture....criticism....hysteria....squeezing fans..... not my experience . . .I have a lovely seat and my day is undermined (a tiny bit) only by the cramped concourse due to the massive number of supporters, and the difficulty parking owing to the massive number of supporters :shrug:

But you're happy with the 'on-pitch' experience, though? ???

Well, you've suggested in one post that I want Bloom gone, Abramovich in and an expensive new striker....so yes, that's hysteria.

On the pitch is ok but the home form is rotten and we need to score a few more goals - i doubt even Bloom and Barber would disagree with that privately at least.

Btw if you think the concourse is cramped you are lucky your seat wasn't stuffed together with another one in one of the most recent examples of fans pockets quite literally being squeezed...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Expecting the usual "but we cant look back to what happened decades ago!" stuff, unspoken hints about wanting to swap Tony Bloom for some rich slave-owner fascist from one country or another... most likely coupled with some comments about "I have been a fan for 50 years," (yes, suddenly the "decades ago" matter again) "I deserve to feel unhappy and call everything and everyone shite. It is all I have."

I’m guessing you’ll be coming to a game when you move over here.
I’m sure you’ll get a feel for how many fans want Bloom out.

Spoiler: it’s very, very few. Possibly one, maybe two loons.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, you've suggested in one post that I want Bloom gone, Abramovich in and an expensive new striker....so yes, that's hysteria.

On the pitch is ok but the home form is rotten and we need to score a few more goals - i doubt even Bloom and Barber would disagree with that privately at least.

Btw if you think the concourse is cramped you are lucky your seat wasn't stuffed together with another one in one of the most recent examples of fans pockets quite literally being squeezed...

Actually my seat has been squeezed up a bit. Lucky I haven't put on a stone during 'lockdown'.

Oh....

:facepalm:

:lolol: :thumbsup:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I think everyone is a fan and perhaps one of the major issues at present with the club is communicating and managing aspirations.

GP called fans “entitled” not that long ago which was a monumental insult in my view also the club has stated aspiration to be a top 10 Premier League club clearly not within reach with current resources ergo open target for calls for more investment

My own view GP doing an outstanding job and we carry on down the development of players route

He never called fans entitled. Maybe he implied it with the below quotes but I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

"The biggest thing for me to understand is that we are in the Premier League, as I understand it we are Brighton, unless I have missed something, we haven't been at this level for too long in our history."

"Most of the supporters understand the history of the club and where we have come from. A few others expect us to win just because we are Brighton, I'd like them to explain that to me"

"We are sitting eighth in the Premier League but maybe I need a history lesson on this club."

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Booing when you have dominated a team and are doing well points wise is OK then? Not for me Clive

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, that IS entitled

Seems to me 'entitled' is the new 'bedwetter' - a term thrown around so much by people who don't have a better counter argument to the point it's lost most of its meaning. There are very few clubs in this division that wouldn't have a small section booing after 8 league games without a win, including half the games being against the weakest teams in the division on poor runs themselves. And let's be honest, it was a small section that booed after that game, briefly, before being drowned out. Everton were on 7 winless games that weekend and had some of their fans booing, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here