Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford Away

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I don't suppose anyone got standing tickets that would prefer to sit upstairs?

I persuaded The Grub to go for the terrace one evening and then completely forgot and bought seats :dunce:

Last season they didn't check tickets once you were in the ground so you could just walk into the terracing if you had a seating ticket

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The Boxing Day diversion plan is on.
Never driven to a game at Brentford.
Any tips on parking nearby?

Quite a bit of residential parking on the streets surrounding the ground. I've always found those running N-S 2-4 streets East of the ground had more spaces (10 min walk). I'm guessing that the relative non-availability of public transport on Boxing Day will mean more drive, though the fact it's a bank holiday may mean more parking is available (single yellow lines are OK on bank hols).

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Quite a bit of residential parking on the streets surrounding the ground. I've always found those running N-S 2-4 streets East of the ground had more spaces (10 min walk). I'm guessing that the relative non-availability of public transport on Boxing Day will mean more drive, though the fact it's a bank holiday may mean more parking is available (single yellow lines are OK on bank hols).

Ta v muchly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Any chance we will get more tickets? Managed to get mine but know others that wanna go

I asked the ticket line if any chance of more seating being made available and they said no due to it being a small stadium...
Gutted....

Doesn't look like any more being available then? Popular one for the home fans too, so understandably sold out quick everywhere...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
26th is not an official bank holiday - that is Monday 28th.

It says:

Therefore, it is likely to be in force on 26th.

Hmmmm that is going to be an interesting one for enforcement. You are correct, Boxing Day is just a normal Saturday and not officially a Bank Holiday...28th is the substitute day. But is the very notion of Boxing Day still a bank holiday in principle even at a weekend? I got a feeling the traffic wardens will have a field day on this one!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Hmmmm that is going to be an interesting one for enforcement. You are correct, Boxing Day is just a normal Saturday and not officially a Bank Holiday...28th is the substitute day. But is the very notion of Boxing Day still a bank holiday in principle even at a weekend? I got a feeling the traffic wardens will have a field day on this one!

Won't bother will they? It's Boxing day hence a Bank holiday whatever day it falls. Will be a lot of appeals if they do not treat it as a bank holiday. Mmmnñn not sure.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Additionally, on Brentford's website, it says:

Please note: Roads in the vicinity of Griffin Park are now subject to a Controlled Parking Zone on matchdays. Motorcycles are exempt. Please check before you park on matchdays.

It doesn't mention how big this controlled zone is........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here