Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford Away

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
wow............................ a whole year and a half away, There are people more deserving who live in the UK,
If you was a season ticket holder you could donate your ticket to your 'deserving ' friend.

@swidonseagull I've been thinking a lot about your 'more deserving' comments the past few days and I really just wanted to get something off my chest.

Me and my friend were season tickets holders back in the Withdean days. Back when we were in school, going home and away most weeks spending our little money going to watch us get beaten by 9-men Walsall and being 0-4 down against the likes of Scunthorpe in the pouring rain. The days when it was 'uncool' to support Brighton and we would struggle to get 6k through the door. We were the only two people in our whole school who were going to watch the Albion.

Believe it or not, this was my favourite ever time supporting Brighton.

I moved to Southampton for university when we moved into the Amex and due to money and the distance I very reluctantly had to give up my season ticket. I still got to as many games home and away as possible. Obviously my friend wasn't going to continue going every week on his own.

Almost overnight is was cool and trendy to go and support Brighton. I have friends who had never even been to the Withdean or followed Brighton buying season tickets. The majority of people I went to school with were now Brighton fans, it was ridiculous and infuriating that a bit of success and everyone was now a Brighton fan.

All of a sudden we had 30k fans at every home game, there was some games I was even struggling to get home tickets. Literally a few seasons prior we had 100's of empty seats at the Withdean.

So what you're trying to tell me is that these circa 25k bandwagoners are 'more deserving' than me and my friend who are loyal supporters but unable to attend as much as we like due to our location and money situations just because they're able to afford season tickets.

Now he's back for a couple of weeks after being in Australia, obviosuly not been able to attend at all. So I thought I'd see if there's a spare couple of tickets on here and I get this crap from a mug like you. Funnily we never had problems getting tickets for away games when we were struggling at the bottom of League One with Dean Wilkins and Russell Slade as our managers.

So basically what I'm trying to say, even though I never said I 'deserve' a ticket, don't try to tell me I don't. Wanker.

Last edited:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
On sale to ST holders with over 1,150 points.

What are the chances this will go to general sale?

Hoping to go with my mate who's back from Australia after 1.5 years. If any ST holders aren't going I would greatly appreciate if you could get me a couple.

Ticket sales look slow mate, wouldn't be surprised if it went to general sale.

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Ticket sales look slow mate, wouldn't be surprised if it went to general sale.

Managed to sort tickets due to a generous poster on here.

Thanks anyway for the info pal.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How the hell is everyone getting there!?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How can I find out if there's coaches going from the amex?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
@swidonseagull I've been thinking a lot about your 'more deserving' comments the past few days and I really just wanted to get something off my chest.

Me and my friend were season tickets holders back in the Withdean days. Back when we were in school, going home and away most weeks spending our little money going to watch us get beaten by 9-men Walsall and being 0-4 down against the likes of Scunthorpe in the pouring rain. The days when it was 'uncool' to support Brighton and we would struggle to get 6k through the door. We were the only two people in our whole school who were going to watch the Albion.

I moved to Southampton for university when we moved into the Amex and due to money and the distance I very reluctantly had to give up my season ticket. I still got to as many games home and away as possible. Obviously my friend wasn't going to continue going every week on his own.

Almost overnight is was cool and trendy to go and support Brighton. I have friends who had never even been to the Withdean or followed Brighton buying season tickets. The majority of people I went to school with were now Brighton fans, it was ridiculous and infuriating that a bit of success and everyone was now a Brighton fan.

All of a sudden we had 30k fans at every home game, there was some games I was even struggling to get home tickets. Literally a few seasons prior we had 100's of empty seats at the Withdean.

So what you're trying to tell me is that these circa 25k bandwagoners are 'more deserving' than me and my friend who are loyal supporters but unable to attend as much as we like due to our location and money situations just because they're able to afford season tickets.

Now he's back for a couple of weeks after being in Australia, obviosuly not been able to attend at all. So I thought I'd see if there's a spare couple of tickets on here and I get this crap from a mug like you. Funnily we never had problems getting tickets for away games when we were struggling at the bottom of League One with Dean Wilkins and Russell Slade as our managers.

So basically what I'm trying to say, even though I never said I 'deserve' a ticket, don't try to tell me I don't. Wanker.

well done

Ive been supporting BHA since 1966 .
Thats nearly 50 years .......the last 22 years from Swindon .....( apart from 2 years working abroad)

So you went to Withdean and scunthorpe........well done...

Wanker

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

That all sounds fair enough but I'm genuinely confused because all your Tweets relate to Sunderland AFC. There's no mention of Albion and any casual observer would assume you're a Sunderland supporter....maybe I've misunderstood?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That all sounds fair enough but I'm genuinely confused because all your Tweets relate to Sunderland AFC. There's no mention of Albion and any casual observer would assume you're a Sunderland supporter....maybe I've misunderstood?

A good spot and a question that deserves a full response

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here