Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brendan Rodgers

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ah someone told me he had, if that's not the case then I'll shed no tears that Celtic fans are on his back these days
Someone lied to you - I’d suggest you check your sources. Care to withdraw your previous comment?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
IMG_1076.jpeg

Someone lied to you - I’d suggest you check your sources. Care to withdraw your previous comment?
Of course. The praise I gave Rodgers for owning up was entirely undeserved, am happy to clarify that. He's as bad as the Harry Enfield caricatures posting on here

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And to close this thread off nicely for @nicko31 & @London Irish here’s what the only person who actually might be offended had to say

“I don't believe there was any offence meant by Brendan Rodgers - and for my part, there was none taken."
"Does that make her a traitor to feminism" - Discuss. :wink:

Seriously though, I fully support your idea of 'closing off this thread nicely' - I just couldn't take my tongue out of my cheek. Sorry!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Not to keep this thread rolling but:

a) female journo might feel under some pressure not to cause a stir as it may impact on her career/interviews she can get (it doesn't sound like she is offended)
b) does Rodgers say 'good boy' to a male journo asking the same questions? Probably not.

For the record, I don't think it's a big deal. Rodgers is a bit rank and full of himself. Used to enjoy Barry Glendenning's critique of him when I'd listen to the Guardian podcast.

I'm also not a women so I should shut up!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’m outraged. Because someone said we should be.

2024 in the UK …. so many miserable people with a you’re with us or against us stance about practically everything. No nuance. Putting trivia ahead of the big issues of our time or living a life.
its just disrespectful to speak like that in a professional capacity. He should know better

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
its just disrespectful to speak like that in a professional capacity. He should know better

Who really cares? He made a minuscule gaff and learns.

Everything these days is discussed to the nth degree, 99% of it miserable things by miserable people. On a scale of Putin/Hitler/trophy hunters actions being 10, this is a 0.01.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just watched it.

He got annoyed because she pushed him on a question that he didn't want to answer. Managers also get spiky with the male journos when they do this.

The sexism is an annoying smoke screen, because he absolutely said that in a derogatory and patronising way. He should be called out for being a cock, but like everything these days there's a campaign group with a vested interest who want to make it an 'ism and all about them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I read some threads on here all the way through and then revisit them because of a like and forgotten whatever it was I was meaning to say .,.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here