Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brendan Rodgers

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Here you go [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION], maybe football is climbing out from under it's rock.
T'is a shame the governing bodies won't be joining the clubs, any time soon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...itle-charge-reference-Victoria-Pendleton.html

I remember writing to Dick Knight suggesting The Albion employed a sports psychologist when we couldn't buy a point, let alone win three. I received a reply which was akin to being patted on the head by a knowing uncle, got thanked for the idea and we carried on losing.

That was in The Gillingham Years. Ahead of my time me.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone being offended on behalf of someone who isn't offended. Non story, move on Crodo, good lad!
I was gonna post the same thing. Slip of the tongue type comment and not meant maliciously - then I saw it was Crodo and remembered NSC has some of the wokiest posters on it so decided not to 🤣

Nicks

If you listened to White and Jordan this morning you would have heard Jordan taking the woman who complained apart live on air.
Basically the woman hasn't complained and the feminist group who have complained haven't even spoke to the woman journalist

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you listened to White and Jordan this morning you would have heard Jordan taking the woman who complained apart live on air.
Basically the woman hasn't complained and the feminist group who have complained haven't even spoke to the woman journalist
He absolutely destroyed her………almost embarrassing to listen to :laugh:

So in summary two blokes talking over a woman, "taking her apart", "destroying her" -- all absolutely proving that sexism doesn't exist any more

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So in summary two blokes talking over a woman, "taking her apart", "destroying her" -- all absolutely proving that sexism doesn't exist any more
:facepalm: Sigh. Did you listen to the exchange ? She was totally incapable of stating her case. If the person on the end of the ‘sexism’ had been offended (she wasn’t), complained about it (she hadn’t) or anything like that I’m sure the discussion would have been very different- as it was the rep from Feminism Scotland had done no work at all to back up her position, and got taken apart as a result.

:facepalm: Sigh. Did you listen to the exchange ? She was totally incapable of stating her case. If the person on the end of the ‘sexism’ had been offended (she wasn’t), complained about it (she hadn’t) or anything like that I’m sure the discussion would have been very different- as it was the rep from Feminism Scotland had done no work at all to back up her position, and got taken apart as a result.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
This is an absolute nonsense. Professional campaign group looking for something to be offended about, when the individual in question (“alleged victim”) has made it very clear no offence was taken, and clearly none intended. But it’s fantastic fun to pretend to be offended!

In the social media age, this will happen to everyone in the public eye at one time or another - an accusation of sexism/racism/transphobia/ableism/classism/jism is pretty much inevitable if you’re in the public eye.

These pressure groups love a pile-on on Twitter. Non-story.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not at all. Nobody's even suggested sexism doesn't exist. What has been shown is that screaming 'sexism' about an incident that wasn't sexist can result in being made to look pathetically silly.
Perhaps the old fable should be brought up to date as The Person who cried Wolf?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not at all. Nobody's even suggested sexism doesn't exist. What has been shown is that screaming 'sexism' about an incident that wasn't sexist can result in being made to look pathetically silly.
Perhaps the old fable should be brought up to date as The Person who cried Wolf?
Well, I think certain animal rights groups may have an issue with that. This Wolf Lovers group (https://m.facebook.com/groups/897249751160348/) has 338k members; and I’m sure they’d be delighted to point out that wolves have only been involved in some 26 human fatalities in 18 years (https://wolf.org/wolf-info/factsvsfiction/are-wolves-dangerous-to-humans/)

Compare this to the common mosquito, which is responsible for an estimated 725,000 deaths per year. (https://www.pfizer.com/news/articles/6_mosquito_diseases_that_can_be_deadly#.Yweo2_DM88I.link)

Really it should be renamed to “The Person Who Communicated A Threat To Life”, so has not to offend any particular living creature. (They may be mute or unable to “cry out” and use alternative forms of non-verbal communication such as BSL).

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sounds pretty condescending to me, why do it?
There’s a lot of it about, remember this misogynistic episode, and before you tell me he denied it, of course he did, he was hardly going to admit it was he, even though he was right of course 😂😂😂

Sounds pretty condescending to me, why do it?
Because there's an older generation of blokes for whom the modern world scares them a bit. Fair play to Rodgers though, he did apologise. Ironic all his non-apology fan club on here talking about taking second-hand offence, when they are all taking offence on Rodgers' behalf when he's already held his hand up like any normal person would

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Because there's an older generation of blokes for whom the modern world scares them a bit. Fair play to Rodgers though, he did apologise. Ironic all his non-apology fan club on here talking about taking second-hand offence, when they are all taking offence on Rodgers' behalf when he's already held his hand up like any normal person would
Where has he apologised?

Where has he apologised?
Ah someone told me he had, if that's not the case then I'll shed no tears that Celtic fans are on his back these days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here