Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking bad

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
Watched the episode earlier today, thought it was brilliant. The ending scene was awesome and it will be very interesting what will happen from now on.

I can't remember ever anticipating a new series-I know it's still s5 but it feels like a new one-as much as this before and the first episode did not disappoint.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I really wish they hadn't split the last season. I've watched the latest episode, and have spent the last 30 mins trawling wiki-sites and IMDb reminding myself of names and most recent happenings. The only reason for having a break is to hike up the hype; I for one hope it doesn't catch on over here.

Are you joking? Have you even watched Any recent British tv? The fall and Luther both make you wait an entire bloody year to find out what happens. We're the kings of making people wait a bloody long time to give answers to a cliff-hanger.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Watched the episode earlier today, thought it was brilliant. The ending scene was awesome and it will be very interesting what will happen from now on.

I can't remember ever anticipating a new series-I know it's still s5 but it feels like a new one-as much as this before and the first episode did not disappoint.

Agreed, it kicked straight in! I have a low attention span but BB always keeps me hooked throughout. Already looking forward to next weeks episode.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Just finished series 4.

Along with Deadwood it's the best box set EVER.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I can't stick with it, far far too much dialogue and not enough action apart from the end and start of each series. Series 3 really wore me out to a point I couldn't face 4.

I have found that if I watch only the 1st and last ep of each series I don't miss much.
End of s4 did have some good action!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Fantastic episode tonight, back with a bang! I assume its on every Monday now?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Completely agree. Going to be interesting to see what the opening scene is all about. I'm guessing we won't find that out until the last couple of episodes.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Can't see Hank surviving too much longer. It's clearly building up to a Walter vs Jesse showdown.

Will be gutted when its over.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Are you joking? Have you even watched Any recent British tv? The fall and Luther both make you wait an entire bloody year to find out what happens. We're the kings of making people wait a bloody long time to give answers to a cliff-hanger.

Yeah but they're series finales, completely different kettles of poisson.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Can't see Hank surviving too much longer. It's clearly building up to a Walter vs Jesse showdown.

Will be gutted when its over.

Jesse is doing the whole 'give-his-stuff-away-before-shooting-himself' thing. It's become too much of a father/son relationship to end that way. The neighbour's response to seeing Walt after 6/7 (???) years makes you think he's been sussed at some point. The M60 suggests a Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid ending, but who with, and final outcome is anyone's guess.

I always thought it would end with Walt dying on a hospital bed, everyone around him better off, and Hank never getting wise. I guess that's clearly out the window.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I've forgotten most of the intricate details of what has happened over the last seasons of what was a great show.. To hold back what has been one of the best programmes I have ever witnessed for so long has completely ruined it for me personally.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Jesse is doing the whole 'give-his-stuff-away-before-shooting-himself' thing. It's become too much of a father/son relationship to end that way. The neighbour's response to seeing Walt after 6/7 (???) years makes you think he's been sussed at some point. The M60 suggests a Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid ending, but who with, and final outcome is anyone's guess.

I always thought it would end with Walt dying on a hospital bed, everyone around him better off, and Hank never getting wise. I guess that's clearly out the window.

6/7 years? I'm assuming that beginning bit is in the same timeline as the intro to episode 1 of season 5. In which case it is only 1 year later.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
6/7 years? I'm assuming that beginning bit is in the same timeline as the intro to episode 1 of season 5. In which case it is only 1 year later.

You're right, at the start of season 5 where he rearranges his breakfast I thought it read '58'. After some Googling I discovered it actually reads 52. Although his house does look far too derelict and worn to have only been left for less than a year...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You're right, at the start of season 5 where he rearranges his breakfast I thought it read '58'. After some Googling I discovered it actually reads 52. Although his house does look far too derelict and worn to have only been left for less than a year...

*****possible spoilers*****

I think the reason for the state of the house is explained when the 'Heisenberg' graffiti is shown, druggies and dealers must all know who he is, they knew where the house was and trashed it. I think that scene directly follows on from the breakfast scene at the start of the series.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

How do you know it's even a year?

**** very small spoiler if you haven't seen S5E9 yet ****

He says to Hank he's only got 6 months to live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here