Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breakfast foods...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Kippers, toast and chard. Chard picked this morning from the allotment. Followed by 10 first own grown strawberries of the year. Beautiful!

Usually porridge coconut fat,raisins,dried apricot,dates, linseeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, a banana and a couple of Brazil nuts. Sprinkled with cinnamon and bee pollen.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
1.) Strong mug of tea,then 3 Oatibix and skimmed milk, a couple of satsumas or kiwi fruits.

2.) Full breakfast including bacon(lots), blackpudding, fresh mushrooms, toast, poached egg and anything else I can get on the plate.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
image.jpg

For the uninitiated this is Ron Swanson. Lover of breakfast foods.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Coffee, croissant and The Guardian is my regular day-starter. Once I've had a black coffee and filed my head with the day's issues I feel ready to pontificate. Saturdays is a trip to Eins for scrambled eggs, ham, salad, bread, orange juice and coffee. I miss a full-English. I'd make my own but the sausages ain't the same and they don't do bacon here.

Is that place on Unter den Linden?

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Kippers, toast and chard. Chard picked this morning from the allotment. Followed by 10 first own grown strawberries of the year. Beautiful!

Usually porridge coconut fat,raisins,dried apricot,dates, linseeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, a banana and a couple of Brazil nuts. Sprinkled with cinnamon and bee pollen.

9 out of 10 for healthy food. The single lost point for the toast but you are getting there. Try replacing with fried oats using coconut oil.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I hate you.

I was hoping you were going to say Brighton/Hove :cry:

It is a great place for food and foxy staff but it is a real anomaly in this town full of Costa and chain restaurants whereas you do have so much choice in B&H. However I have a flat sorted and am back on 29th August, fire up your pancake grills and break out the bacon, it's happening!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cuppa tea and toast if I've enough time. Or Bread and cheese. If not something pastry tomato cheese bacon thing from the bakers. Or a wrap/sandwich from the corner shop or supermarket.

Not forgetting sometimes left over curry (cold) at the weekend.

Can't do milk any more. Is that getting older? It has always upset my tummy. Horrid stuff. Cheese is great though.

Hotels; Scrambled egg* and tomatoes, orange juice. (*even though they do the in the microwave.)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A non sequitor but this is the information for a Wetherspoons menu. The vegetarian option is almost 10% more calorific, has more protein and is just fattier.
There are 970 calories in 1 serving of Wetherspoon Vegetarian Breakfast.
Calorie Breakdown: 50% fat, 35% carbs, 15% prot

There are 892 calories in 1 serving of Wetherspoon Traditional Breakfast.
Calorie Breakdown: 49% fat, 32% carbs, 19% prot.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Coffee, croissant and The Guardian is my regular day-starter. Once I've had a black coffee and filed my head with the day's issues I feel ready to pontificate. Saturdays is a trip to Eins for scrambled eggs, ham, salad, bread, orange juice and coffee. I miss a full-English. I'd make my own but the sausages ain't the same and they don't do bacon here.
I didn't realise you had such delicate hands mate, never noticed that before.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Friday morning for me is in being member of an egg roll club. We were formed in retaliation to the increasing number of Friday morning bacon clubs at our work, so 3 veggies got together to rival their bloody, carnivorous clique. What's different about us though, and maybe a symbol of the decency of all vegetarians, is our sense of camaraderie and togetherness. The fried pig fat feasters purchase en masse and dump their oily dead wares on the desks of fellow members and gruffly announce their job done. Us pleasant but pasty and enfeebled veggie ones meet and dine together in a nearby workman's café.

Most other days i'll have some cereal mid-morning when at work. I plan to have that for lunch today in the guise of Nature Valley oats'nHONEY PROTEIN GRANOLA, as they've written it. The afternoon is my bad time for food when a tray of free cheesy sandwiches appear from a meeting somewhere else in the building. The meat ones are always finished, but the Meade ones are leftover, and over to them I waddle to slyly consume and expand.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Normal :

Cup of tea, glass of orange juice, slice of wholemeal toast with marmite (sometimes a banana)

Treat :

Scrambled egg on toast, sausages, beans, bacon. Cup of tea.

I think marmite is the only thing in the world that I literally NEVER get tired of. Ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here