[Brighton] Brazen shoplifting in Co Op Hove seafront

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Co op seems to attract these people. They need proper security in place . Co op actually came last out in f the major supermarkets from a ‘which ‘ study into product quality , range , price & cleanliness of the store .

M and S came top - they shop lifters not choosing wisely !!

Its not a case of 'I'm poor so i steal', lots of poor people don't steal and certainly not all theft is done by poor people, neither should they need to put their own security in place they need the police and courts to do the job properly.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
About 20 years ago, I drank fairly regularly in a pub, that was just outside a large Thames Valley town. Shoplifters made a beeline for this place. One lad used to jump on the train, visit Basingstoke every saturday, steal a bicycle and return to the pub. The Landlord would offer up cash and keep these bikes in his cellar. The cleaner told me that he had about 20 at any given time, selling to regulars. I saw women coming in with whole racks of clothing from well known department stores. One night, a lad came in carrying about 6-8 video recorders. They were gone in less than 5 minutes. I saw a couple one night, she carrying boxes of chocolates, him about 6 bottles of champagne. Perfume, watches and jewelry were pedalled constantly.
It was so often you just got used to it. I refused every time. Locals used to say to me..." the big stores can afford it ".....I used to reply....." Yep...because we are all paying for it, through higher prices "
It was shameless stealing and made worse by most of the locals who lapped it up. Some of it was stolen to order. The Landlord was a fence and made no secret of it. I drank there because I knew some guys who frequented it but eventually it just became too distasteful, too tawdry and I took my custom elsewhere.
( This was well before the influx of certain Eastern Europeans, who now dominate this town and many others. So....god knows what it is like now!!! )

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Co op seems to attract these people. They need proper security in place . Co op actually came last out in f the major supermarkets from a ‘which ‘ study into product quality , range , price & cleanliness of the store .

You'd certainly come top of any Which Bellend study, for sure. "Co op seems to attract these people" - are you a parody account?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The thought of a shoplifter getting ill from the consumption of something they have stolen possibly to to the extent of a hospital visit does for some strange reason fill me with a little joy.

I've never come across a supermarket without a security guard. And who can't afford it - the company? Sounds like baloney.
This is definitely the new Trumpist meme going round the world, disappointed they didn't manage to wedge a trans in there somewhere tho

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Is your “friend” Ivan going to do anything about it? All the power of a local councillor and all that. He could write Co op a really nasty letter. That’ll learn ‘em.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I don’t know anyone called Ivor
No, but you know IVAN.

4000C1DA-E83B-41A2-9CBB-20C0F0200E18.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports