Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brand v Paxman

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not sure the political alternative has been dreamed up yet. Paxman seemed keen to pin Brand down on this but as he pointed out he doesn't know. What we do know is that the current system only works for the few and the rest of us are becoming increasingly frustrated and disenfranchised.

Personally I don't think that revolution will be a marked event. I think it will be a gradual progression from what we have to something more. We are seeing in both the UK and over here in Australia that the minor parties are garnering more influence in politics and I hope this continues. Maybe the Green winning seats in Brighton and Melbourne and the rise of the UKIP is the beginning of the revolution and the first step to an alternate system that represents us better. If this is the case then we need more celebrities like Brand talking about this stuff and making people more politically aware.

Disagree. The whole system is rotten. It will either collapse because of it's own greed or people will get sick of it and bring it down. There's something festering at the core of western capitalism which is deeply wrong.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Disagree. The whole system is rotten. It will either collapse because of it's own greed or people will get sick of it and bring it down. There's something festering at the core of western capitalism which is deeply wrong.

I agree.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Wow, the times are really changing! The awakening has began. You would of been destroyed for saying that sort of stuff on here a few years back! Looks like the tin foil hats are becoming pretty cool aye?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Go be a moron somewhere else please. The pros and cons of capitalism were debated and understood before you, me or anyone else on this forum were born. Political theory has nothing to do with tin foil hats. Capitalism has been great for humanity in many ways, but as many have predicted it has reached a point where it is only beneficial to a ruling class, the rich elite, at the expense of everyone else. It either needs to be changed towards a drive for social & economic equality, or replaced altogether in favour of a better system (we just need need an ingenious revolutionary to come up with one)

I don't give a toss about who and when capitalism was discussed on NSC. Russell brand has expressed that an awakening is happening which will help cause the revolution. I can't ever remember you mentioning anything to do with divine intervention and politics? only 'morons' do that!
He's not debating the pros and cons of capitalism like you somehow have worked out. He's talking about the mess our world is in with this illusion and lies that politics works and voting is the answer.
He's basically saying that the power of the people will soon be stronger than the people in power.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't see any awakening, but I do see a lot of lazy fvckers who moan but don't do anything about stuff.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I don't see any awakening, but I do see a lot of lazy fvckers who moan but don't do anything about stuff.

Some pubs can be a bit depressing.

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wow, the times are really changing! The awakening has began. You would of been destroyed for saying that sort of stuff on here a few years back! Looks like the tin foil hats are becoming pretty cool aye?

To be fair often on here it is less about what you say and more about how you say it. Some peoples posting styles are appreciated less that others (mine included).

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
To be fair often on here it is less about what you say and more about how you say it. Some peoples posting styles are appreciated less that others (mine included).

But we're all different? I don't care if someone takes offence by what I say or feels the need to mention tin foil hats. Who are they to say it's write or wrong? Do they have some special right? Or are they displaying nothing more than just a petty whine?
You choose what you read.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But we're all different? I don't care if someone takes offence by what I say or feels the need to mention tin foil hats. Who are they to say it's write or wrong? Do they have some special right? Or are they displaying nothing more than just a petty whine?
You choose what you read.

Fair enough but if we have a condescending, arrogant or aggressive posting styles then they will rub people up the wrong way. If you care or not really is really a moot point.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Post 31 on this thread.

On the thread i've sent you. Post 31 and 32. It makes no sense of what you are saying to me on this thread? Confusing to say the least!?

Anyways Badfish, nice to chat to you again, hope the teaching is going well and you keep enjoying that Australian sun x

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Post 31 on this thread. Like I say, I am aware my posting style rubs some people up the wrong way.

Did you find my Venga Boys video offensive? I apologise if so. didn't mean any offense it just popped into my head.

mahna mahna

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Post 31 on this thread. Like I say, I am aware my posting style rubs some people up the wrong way.

Did you find my Venga Boys video offensive? I apologise if so. didn't mean any offense it just popped into my head.

Why are you and Pastafarian getting such a kick off a pretty nasty comment directed at me when all I'd mentioned was that I miss Brighton? Well random considering you are a teacher, wouldn't you think? not to mention all the advice you give me on my posting style?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He's basically saying that the power of the people will soon be stronger than the people in power.
Hope this helps.

and yet he offers no information on how the people will be stronger.he simply says i dont vote i want a revolutionBrand is a moron,he panders to the lowest common jigglypuff he is eloquent but at the same time patronising,he is simply a champagne swampy who has persuaded idiots to listen to his ramblings

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
mahna mahna

Pasta,. I've been away for some time now but since I've been back, you've responded to everyone of my posts with comments like this? When are you going to sort it out?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
and yet he offers no information on how the people will be stronger.he simply says i dont vote i want a revolutionBrand is a moron,he panders to the lowest common jigglypuff he is eloquent but at the same time patronising,he is simply a champagne swampy who has persuaded idiots to listen to his ramblings

Sounds like you're bitter and don't have a clue what he's talking about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here