Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bradley Lowery - Massive Scumbag

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not really that surprised to be perfectly honest, as football crowds do tend to contain some utter bellends. There are many unsavoury chants from many clubs (including ours?). Glad it's been highlighted, hope he gets some stick from his own, a ban, a fine/donation to the lad's charity and some community hours in that field but I'm afraid I'm not getting that het up about it. He made a stupid decision but other people's actions recently (physical violence, chopping down an historic tree) are worse imho.

I know what you mean, but I think of this from Bradley Lowery's family viewpoint. This has really saddened them, they had gained lots of solace from the football world's support during his fight for life ultimately lost. The silver lining to this, donations have increased.

To me this is on a par with the tree, both symbolic of a section of society who don't give a **** about the good things.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I know what you mean, but I think of this from Bradley Lowery's family viewpoint. This has really saddened them, they had gained lots of solace from the football world's support during his fight for life ultimately lost. The silver lining to this, donations have increased.

To me this is on a par with the tree, both symbolic of a section of society who don't give a **** about the good things.
True. I also think everyone is capable of being moronic, have a "moronic moment" (which this truly is) and the young boy has passed and cannot be hurt anymore, now things can only be done in his name (and the extra money raised will do good things in his name). I would hope the family are not too hurt by this. The tree cutting was not a moronic passing moment but preplanned and then carried out. Not to dismiss the stupidity of this blokes act at all in my comments, I'm sure he's probably an utter dickwad but to be named, photo shown and remanded is already a heavy punishment. I hope the publicity puts off other people from acting like morons in public.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This bloke clearly has two brain cells left and they’re fighting each other

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
According to reports he was coked up… another nobody nothing loser thinking he’s scarface…

What he chose to do was absolutely f***ing evil… having lived in the northeast most of my life, this has hit home.

It’s so sad, so hurtful… what an absolute fucker.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True. I also think everyone is capable of being moronic, have a "moronic moment" (which this truly is) and the young boy has passed and cannot be hurt anymore, now things can only be done in his name (and the extra money raised will do good things in his name). I would hope the family are not too hurt by this. The tree cutting was not a moronic passing moment but preplanned and then carried out. Not to dismiss the stupidity of this blokes act at all in my comments, I'm sure he's probably an utter dickwad but to be named, photo shown and remanded is already a heavy punishment. I hope the publicity puts off other people from acting like morons in public.
One would like to think so. But he will still have his 'fans'.

Also, this was more than a moronic moment. He didn't happen to have found a poster of the lad randomly in his pocket. He obtained it and deliberately brought it to the stadium for purposes of mockery.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
One would like to think so. But he will still have his 'fans'.

Also, this was more than a moronic moment. He didn't happen to have found a poster of the lad randomly in his pocket. He obtained it and deliberately brought it to the stadium for purposes of mockery.
My understanding was that he had held up a photo of the young lad on his mobile to other fans? Moronic but unlikely premeditated nor a poster he printed before the game. I don't know why I am even defending the twat in some way tbh but sometimes I think we all should be allowed a moronic moment/mistake without massive life changing consequences (he should be punished I'm not saying he shouldn't). Are we saying that all those so offended on here have not laughed at an inappropriate joke about the dead once in their life? I remember the 7-up ones at school when the spaceship exploded at launch.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
My understanding was that he had held up a photo of the young lad on his mobile to other fans? Moronic but unlikely premeditated nor a poster he printed before the game. I don't know why I am even defending the twat in some way tbh but sometimes I think we all should be allowed a moronic moment/mistake without massive life changing consequences (he should be punished I'm not saying he shouldn't). Are we saying that all those so offended on here have not laughed at an inappropriate joke about the dead once in their life? I remember the 7-up ones at school when the spaceship exploded at launch.

It feels a bit wrong to agree with you in this current heat of the moment, but i think you are right. Two wrongs certainly don’t make a right but there is invariably too much sanctimonious judgemental opinion in the media and social media these days when i’m not sure any of us have led blameless lives or haven't had moments when we’ve behaved like total d*cks

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes you're right.

"Houghton was charged after pictures circulated on X, formerly Twitter, showing two men laughing at Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium on Friday, as the defendant held up a photo of Bradley on his phone.
During a police interview Houghton described his behaviour as "enjoyable banter" and said he had "found it funny," prosecutor Jade Scott told the court."

Enjoyable banter indeed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes you're right.

"Houghton was charged after pictures circulated on X, formerly Twitter, showing two men laughing at Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium on Friday, as the defendant held up a photo of Bradley on his phone.
During a police interview Houghton described his behaviour as "enjoyable banter" and said he had "found it funny," prosecutor Jade Scott told the court."

Enjoyable banter indeed.

I’ve noticed this being gently described as just banter innit on football fora, surprisingly quite widespread. “He’s been punished enough” also trotted out. Another one is this just Frankie Boyle-esque comedy.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I’ve noticed this being gently described as just banter innit on football fora, surprisingly quite widespread. “He’s been punished enough” also trotted out. Another one is this just Frankie Boyle-esque comedy.

Anyone describing a bit of laugh or banter of a child’s illness and tragic death is beyond pathethic.

People online, saying such things, do so behind the safety of their keyboards.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the their winless start to the season, it's an extreme way to get a banning order to avoid seeing the Massive relegated back to League One.
Whatever sentence is handed down it won't be enough.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
If you've ever been on football twitter or anything similar online you'll realise jokes like this are par for the course. Actually it's quite tame by those standards. If you spend all your time posting filth on social media at some point something is going to slip out in real life. The people defending these lads probably just behave in a similar fashion and are actually justifying their own behaviour

On a side note though a custodial sentence for holding up a picture, even in this context, is insane. A football banning order for a few years and the social consequences are enough.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you've ever been on football twitter or anything similar online you'll realise jokes like this are par for the course. Actually it's quite tame by those standards. If you spend all your time posting filth on social media at some point something is going to slip out in real life. The people defending these lads probably just behave in a similar fashion and are actually justifying their own behaviour

On a side note though a custodial sentence for holding up a picture, even in this context, is insane. A football banning order for a few years and the social consequences are enough.

I swerve all the social media you’re referring to. Even Twatter, where I recently started reusing my 10 year account, I’ve nailed down just to reliable transfer sources, plus some stuff on travel, gardening etc. I’m not naive, as we type there’ll be people online posting all night laughing at tragedies, trolling.

Spot on, they’re defending him because they kinda do similar at each game.

I was referring to owlstalk and redcafe where a few football posters thought the whole thing a storm in a teacup, just a photo held up by “a kid”. He’s 31.

I’m not bothered if he serves a few weeks in prison or not. Hundreds of hours of community service for a cancer charity or hospice, a fine and a long football ban will suffice. Massive will probably ban him for years anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
His defence is probably something along the lines of "it's just bantz".
During a police interview Houghton described his behaviour as "enjoyable banter"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really wouldn’t have an issue if he went to jail.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My first thought when I saw the image was that it looked like it was Photoshopped. Clearly not the case - genius admitted it - but I do wonder how many of these pile ons are genuine. Take a picture of someone in the crowd, say they said something racist for attention and get the mob to do your work. Right result here but not sure I like the culture. Things aren't always what they seem.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Cretin

eejut.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here