Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bradley Lowery - Massive Scumbag

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'A Sheffield Wednesday fan who used a photo of Bradley Lowery to taunt opposition supporters has admitted a public order offence.
Dale Houghton, 31, was pictured laughing as he brandished the image of the six-year-old during a match against Sunderland - the team Bradley supported before he died of cancer in 2017.
He pleaded guilty at Sheffield Magistrates' Court on Monday.
District Judge James Gould described his actions as "utterly deplorable".
Houghton, of Black Carr Road, Rotherham, was released on bail ahead of a sentencing hearing on 17 November.

His family, community and employers must be very proud :tosser:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He’s obviously a complete scumbag, but potential jail time is absolutely mental.
Agreed - though as a country we do need to be making an example of ****s like this, to reinforce that it isn't okay to be a complete ****.

A heavy (means tested, obvs) fine, and some community service helping out at a kids' hospice ought to set the guy a bit straight.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Go back into his family history , there’s a good chance those brothers have had major issues . No one normal would ever come up with that as a good idea to do .

I agree jail term would potentially be counter productive, let him serve 250 hrs community service in a childrens hospice , he will learn much more and hopefully come out a better & changed person .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agreed - though as a country we do need to be making an example of ****s like this, to reinforce that it isn't okay to be a complete ****.

A heavy (means tested, obvs) fine, and some community service helping out at a kids' hospice ought to set the guy a bit straight.
Yep, seems about right, and a ban from Hillsborough obviously. Though this season it's probably not the punishment it should be.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What sort of person gets up in the morning and goes out of his way to print out such an image to take to a match?

This is not a caught up in the moment thing, he must have really thought about what he was doing....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I just can't get my head around it. In no way whatsoever is it funny.

I've seen shock/dark humour that is actually funny, so I can see the logic at least of going to some dark places for humour, but this one. Just a braindead twat.

Last edited:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
What sort of person gets up in the morning and goes out of his way to print out such an image to take to a match?

This is not a caught up in the moment thing, he must have really thought about what he was doing....
He didn’t print it out - he held up his phone with the image on it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He didn’t print it out - he held up his phone with the image on it.
Phew! That's OK then :rolleyes:

Houghton was charged after pictures circulated on X, formerly Twitter, showing two men laughing at Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium on Friday, as the defendant held up a photo of Bradley on his phone.
During a police interview Houghton described his behaviour as "enjoyable banter" and said he had "found it funny," prosecutor Jade Scott told the court.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Phew! That's OK then :rolleyes:

Houghton was charged after pictures circulated on X, formerly Twitter, showing two men laughing at Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium on Friday, as the defendant held up a photo of Bradley on his phone.
During a police interview Houghton described his behaviour as "enjoyable banter" and said he had "found it funny," prosecutor Jade Scott told the court.
No it’s not ok FFS! I was trying to be factual about what actually happened!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Prison is for dangerous criminals, so it doesn't apply here.

I would suggest that public humiliation and losing his job will have a forever effect. In many ways he will have suffered enough.

A spell doing community service in a hospice or something would be a good rehabilitation.

Being forced to watch Sheffield Wednesday for the rest of the season is a bit OTT. I'd take 9 months in clink.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here