Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza's been on twitter again: Stephen Ireland

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Maybe he's grown up a little by now? Hammond came across as a lot more mature last season. A player of his calibre is definitely worth a second chance.
Where's he been since leaving City?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Only 26 ? if he could show anywhere near his early form for city he would be amazing in the championship.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Potentially could be very good if his head is right, genuine attacking midfielder , better than Hammond

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Maybe he's grown up a little by now? Hammond came across as a lot more mature last season. A player of his calibre is definitely worth a second chance.

A quick look on wiki shows he's been at Villa then Newcastle (on loan), looks like he's had a few unfortunate injuries, and his head needs sorting out, out of the limelight, with intelligent players.

Only 26 ? if he could show anywhere near his early form for city he would be amazing in the championship.

Exactly, a bright coach playing good football and he could COULD be amazing at this level, and even further. I've always liked him as a player (not off the pitch). Give him a chance I think.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Clearly a good player (on his day) but a bit of a knob to boot. Would take some serious managing

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Could be a really good signing if his head is in the right place. Can't believe he is still only 26. Obviously a bit of a gamble but so was Bridge when he signed and look how good he was.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

He reluctantly went to Villa as a make-weight for Milner's move Mancward. Unsurprisingly, he's been absolutely shithouse since.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

yes

manchester-city-s-stephen-ireland-and-his-bling-bentley-15357-image1.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Too much of a risk and he only seems to have had one decent season in him any way. Also he doesn't appear to be the most professional of players.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Too much of a risk and he only seems to have had one decent season in him any way. Also he doesn't appear to be the most professional of players.

Sums up how I feel.......

I think there's a huge likelihood that he'll think he's 'too big' for us....... There must be better options.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's a lot going for this deal. Ireland has the talent and time is still on his side, also no baggage with a manager new to English football. It's hard for him to get going in the Prem as he won't get a run of games, but can find a bit of form at this level and then who knows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here