Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Bozza, whats your story?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I spent the day working in Lincoln and you two spent the day in the pub …. Then it was over to Hull in the evening and was it the Ross Edwards match.
Legendary. I had so much to drink I forgot that it was the evening of the great Hull City fan baiting. The whole day was like an episode of 'Bottom'. I do seem to recall meeting and chatting with the great curator, Tim Carder. Fortunately, unlike the burglar that Rick and Eddie caught on Bottom, Tim didn't end up sellotaped to the roof of the stand. I don't think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All ages, both sexes, someone from Canada. I am not sure what you are expecting.
For completeness, here's our mate Qiniso on his way back from the gents.

1699035007390.png

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sorry, missed this last night.

Of the 71,926 users to come to NSC in the previous month...

UK - 57,393
US - 6,359
Belgium - 3,017
Ireland - 647
Australia - 596
France - 572
Canada - 438
Spain - 435
Germany - 373
Netherlands - 342

Belgium is a strange one, isn't it?!?
How many from Sweden?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hello afters! Long time no see! (I was 'old fat and bald' (ofab) in the Old Days).

I think the last time I saw you was in the Nelson with said legend Cannarian Seagull. I tried to match him pint for pint, which was a huge mistake. He walked out of there unaided whilst I, pissed legless, was poured into a taxi.

And NSC sponsored several games IIRC, not just the legendary Cardiff one. All organised by Lush (aka Croydon Seagull) who seems to have gone missing recently. Great times. I wonder if we could sponsor another one?
I've never seen anybody so absolutely brimful of GLEE as Canarian Seagull when he managed to snaffle a second dessert at that NSC sponsored match. Plus I seem to recall @Lush saying onetime that he even copped out of paying his subs for the match. Legend! RIP Lance :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Any of you attend the impromptu beers in a pub near St Pauls? It was the day (I think) we got planning permission. I went with Clapham Seagull and met Lokki 7, Afters, MoH, Dick Knights Mum and Dave the Gaffer. Was a raucous evening topped off the DtG spilling candlewax down his stop which caused an embarrassing stain.

Blimey, I remember that. I must have left early as I don't remember Dave spilling wax,

Those days for me were characterised by the Regents Park and Portslade 5 a side football crowds, the signing of Zamora, being pleased to see we might be returning to Brighton and then the move to Withdean and the beers in the Lord Nelson.

I completely forgot the the 5-a-side football in Regent's Park. At the time, I worked about 5 minutes from the park so it was the easiest meeting place. I have absolutely no memories from the games: I just remember playing them. It was like another era

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I remember attending one of the NSC sponsored matches against Notts County at Withdean. Lunch in the executive Portakabin with beers flowing. Then we had seats in the North Stand in front of the Notts County directors and proceeded to spend the match slagging off their team. I think the match ended in a draw with County scoring a ridiclous goal from the halfway line.

We got to pick the MotM but were far too pissed to make an informed decision and just picked Paul Brooker. We got to present the award to him and the photo was in the programme the following week. I was front and centre in the photo with @Simster hidden somewhere at the back, particularly amusing given Sim had paid for my ticket :lolol:

I need to see if I can find the photo somewhere.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ralph was in the previous photo @Dick Knights Mumm posted too.
Smashing bloke, too. I have a very funny picture somewhere of me and him chatting earnestly over a beer, with someone you and I both know, who rarely posts on NSC these days, if ever, entering the room with a look of malign amusement on his face. So out of character :LOL:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Those days for me were characterised by the Regents Park and Portslade 5 a side football crowds, the signing of Zamora, being pleased to see we might be returning to Brighton and then the move to Withdean and the beers in the Lord Nelson.

Met loads on here and the mailing list back in the day including Arthur (bizarrely it turned out he was working for a mate of mine back in the 90s) but others too - Bry Al (was a mod on here until a couple of years ago), Dick Knights Mum, HKFC (that was actually MY moniker in those days, and he stole it when I changed to Simster), Herr Tubthumper (who posted as Noele), Tooting Gull, Man Of Harveys, afters, Canarian (that's a story in itself), rowdy, Willis, willow etc etc
I was on it…DTG

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I remember attending one of the NSC sponsored matches against Notts County at Withdean. Lunch in the executive Portakabin with beers flowing. Then we had seats in the North Stand in front of the Notts County directors and proceeded to spend the match slagging off their team. I think the match ended in a draw with County scoring a ridiclous goal from the halfway line.

We got to pick the MotM but were far too pissed to make an informed decision and just picked Paul Brooker. We got to present the award to him and the photo was in the programme the following week. I was front and centre in the photo with @Simster hidden somewhere at the back, particularly amusing given Sim had paid for my ticket :lolol:

I need to see if I can find the photo somewhere.
If memory serves, while we were sat right next to the Notts County directors, an alarmed-looking Martin Perry appeared, frantically waving his arms and gesticulating for us to keep the noise down.

Post-match, with drink taken, I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to bestow a classic bunny ears on Paul Brooker for the MoM NSC team photo. Sadly tho, gravity prevailed at the last moment, and my focus, er, refocused on not plunging headlong off the chair I was standing on.

To this day I retain a splendid souvenir of that disgracefully drunken day: a four-inch-long deep gouge in my front door where I tried - and repeatedly failed - to insert my key in the lock :down:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave the Eaaagle or something.

I've no idea who he supported until now.

There was also Watford O, who was a significant upgrade on Watford Zero.
Seagulleater?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
In that photo is someone the spitting image of a chap I used to work with up here. Incredibly alike.

But he was more of a Southampton fan. What was the event, is he / are you still on NSC, or is he just a look-a-likey?
1699038324942.png

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yeah, here you go. @chaileyjem interviewed me many years back.

(Let me know if you can't access this for any reason - I'm hoping Jem won't mind a copy and paste)

I haven't posted on NSC for a couple of years but have just reset my password and I'm here, won't be posting much I guess. Those old names Sim are from the golden age of NSC, before it was taken over by a short list of weird perma-attention-seekers posting on every single freaking thread. It looks like that has died down a bit which is good. I met most of that gang at the Regents Park footy, I particularly remember my now v good friend MoH hitting an old lady on the head? Or am I imagining that?
And our infamous meeting in central London after work, with lots of nscers!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In that photo is someone the spitting image of a chap I used to work with up here. Incredibly alike.

But he was more of a Southampton fan. What was the event, is he / are you still on NSC, or is he just a look-a-likey?
View attachment 169131
He's still on here. Even has his own emoji. :wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here