Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Bozza, whats your story?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Was wondering how you managed to get 75 thousand people who are interested in Brighton and Hove Albion to visit your website in one month?

Fancy sharing why you started nsc etc and some of the highs and lows?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Once upon a time the internet was made of a few tin cans tied together with string.....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Was wondering how you managed to get 75 thousand people who are interested in Brighton and Hove Albion to visit your website in one month?

Fancy sharing why you started nsc etc and some of the highs and lows?
Are you sure it isn't the same person 75,000 times?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As I understand it, amongst the pampas grass growing community there was a game of throw your car keys in the fruit bowl in the mid 90s .......................

............ and the rest is history :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've been here since well before Bozza ran the show. So have dozens of others.

That said, it was definitely much smaller pre-Bozza. So much so that there was actually a seagulls mailing list that was the main alternative source of Albion social media. A mailing list!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've been here since well before Bozza ran the show. So have dozens of others.

That said, it was definitely much smaller pre-Bozza. So much so that there was actually a seagulls mailing list that was the main alternative source of Albion social media. A mailing list!
Ah the mailing list. I wasted TONS of time on that but it introduced me to @Bozza @Harry Wilson's tackle @Arthur and probably many others who I've forgotten.

At some point HWT said to me 'you should try this new NSC thing, you'll never be off it' or words to that effect, and I haven't. However, in those days you could change your user ID at will and mine was mostly 'Charley Oatway's Lovechild'. Yeah. I know. :shootself

It was indeed run by Manx Seagull, a lovely man who would have a pint or five in the Welly before games when over.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Work History GIF by ClickUp

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ah the mailing list. I wasted TONS of time on that but it introduced me to @Bozza @Harry Wilson's tackle @Arthur and probably many others who I've forgotten.

At some point HWT said to me 'you should try this new NSC thing, you'll never be off it' or words to that effect, and I haven't. However, in those days you could change your user ID at will and mine was mostly 'Charley Oatway's Lovechild'. Yeah. I know. :shootself

It was indeed run by Manx Seagull, a lovely man who would have a pint or five in the Welly before games when over.
Those days for me were characterised by the Regents Park and Portslade 5 a side football crowds, the signing of Zamora, being pleased to see we might be returning to Brighton and then the move to Withdean and the beers in the Lord Nelson.

Met loads on here and the mailing list back in the day including Arthur (bizarrely it turned out he was working for a mate of mine back in the 90s) but others too - Bry Al (was a mod on here until a couple of years ago), Dick Knights Mum, HKFC (that was actually MY moniker in those days, and he stole it when I changed to Simster), Herr Tubthumper (who posted as Noele), Tooting Gull, Man Of Harveys, afters, Canarian (that's a story in itself), rowdy, Willis, willow etc etc

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As others have said, absolutely the one thing I can't take any credit for is the birth of NSC.

As already detailed, that was Gary, aka @ManxSeagull (as he lives on the Isle of Man) who was the Daddy of the "Seagull Server" an Albion site which included a rudimentary messageboard - I think it was actually a guestbook of sorts.

Around 2000/01, the costs of running the site were escalating and, having paid for it for some years, Gary didn't want to continue to fund it, which is entirely understandable. Because of the role the site had played in saving the club, I thought it would be a shame if it wasn't able to carry on, so I took it over, initially paying for the hosting out of my own pocket and then, in time, advertising started to help with costs, ultimately covering them.

I'd just have a dejavu moment about this, so I'm going to stop typing here and might be back shortly with "this is one I prepared earlier"...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There was a Palace idiot on the early board who we "got at" mercilessly. Threatened to find out where we all lived
and smash our faces in. It would have been difficult for him in my case - I was inside at the time.
Dave the Eaaagle or something.

I've no idea who he supported until now.

There was also Watford O, who was a significant upgrade on Watford Zero.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I'm a relative newbie on NSC but it looks like Bozza is going to let this run for a few pages of posts... before he decides if he'll bother to reply 😉
Oh...6 mins late 🤦‍♂️

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Indeed. Manx still goes to games, you know. West Upper, too.

The Mailing list was run, early doors, by Ryan Harding. Ryan has a brother. Yes, he's called Bryan Harding. FFS. The mailing list is still going, though used mostly for Seagulls Fantasy League. Bozza owns it now.

Hope you're well, old fruit :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here