Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Boxing Tonight

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
wewww, great shot.

Though Whyte's hopes of getting to Wilder/AJ/Fury must be well off by now.

Such a shame as he's been absolutely dicked by the WBC for years now, and surely his chance is now over.

Yes you have to feel sorry for him waiting that long for his mandatory shot and then to lose it all like that.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yes you have to feel sorry for him waiting that long for his mandatory shot and then to lose it all like that.

Yeah big time. And fair play to him, he's consistently taken risks and had good opponents whilst waiting for his shot.
Hopefully Eddie does him a favour and fast-tracks him back up the ranks for a title shot, eventually. He's waited long enough and deserves it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It was almost like a Rocky movie, one guy outclassed down twice, then lands a miracle punch to win the fight.
As for the women bout, not comfortable looking at both girls being badly marked up.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It was almost like a Rocky movie, one guy outclassed down twice, then lands a miracle punch to win the fight.
As for the women bout, not comfortable looking at both girls being badly marked up.

I wouldn't say Povetkin was being outclassed. Until his 2 flash knockdowns, there wasn't much between them, though I did think it was over for Povetkin after the 2nd KD but that was all in one round.
How Povetkin won was exactly how some people (not including myself) predicted the fight would turn out. A counter punch knocking him out.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
My oh my....bent over and dropped back...remarkable, how?
Don't feel sorry for him. He had the chance to fight AJ for the world titles for several million pounds last year but declined with Andy Ruiz stepping in. Dillian is a hype job. Chisora best him and got robbed Parker dropped him badly, Rivas dropped him badly, and AJ sparked him.

A Fury White mandatory would have been pointless and just delayed the AJ fight longer helping Eddie and AJ run for a little bit longer.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What a punch by Povetkin! That's why everyone loves heavy weight boxing.

Feel for White but once Fury embarrasses Wilder again we can get on with AJ Fury and maybe White Wilder?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Though most at ringside had her losing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job the judges understand boxing then. Taylor a clear winner with all 3 of them.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Never seen anything like that. Povetklin totally outclassed, down twice but knocks Whyte spark out with one shot!
Reading that (I've not seen last night's fight for direct comparison), makes me think of Herol Graham vs. Julian Jackson - Graham was in control, Jackson couldn't get near him and his eye was almost swollen shut.

Jackson's corner told him he had one more round or they would pull him out because of his eye, so Graham only had to stand up for 3mins to win the world title:

https://youtu.be/6gqs6MiGdQk

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Any of you older chaps remember John Tate battering Mike Weaver for 15 rounds

Then got sparked out right at the death

Classic heavyweight fight

Unbelievable watching it as if it was live

Back then you had no idea of the result unless you heard it on the radio

Never forgotten that bout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here