Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boxing Day v Arsenal, trains.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I that they could have presented a strong case to the police for them to refuse to allow it to take place thus taking all control away from Sky.

I may be wrong but I do not think that many supporters would have objected.to them doing that.

It totally flecks up Boxing Day playing it at 5:30!!! My mrs is not happy at alll as it screws her plans for a family get together....looks like another match where my st goes on the exchange list!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It totally flecks up Boxing Day playing it at 5:30!!! My mrs is not happy at alll as it screws her plans for a family get together....looks like another match where my st goes on the exchange list!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Exchange isn't called into play for this. The club have c1,000 tickets of their own to shift first.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I won't be going.

I'm not a fan of evening kick offs at the best of times so an evening kick off with associated travel misery is a hard pass for me.

I'll sit at home with the leftover roast and watch it on telly, thanks very much.

I know it'll be dark but can it really be classed as an evening KO

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Personally, I think it's a great kick-off time. Nice Boxing Day lie-in; a pre-lunch walk; a late lunch of leftovers and pickles before it's time to set off for a pre-match pint. Then, back in time for the evening TV. Sounds a great day to me ... a 3.00 ko would have been more of a rush.

But each to his or her own.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think I'll see how my day pans out. and make a late decision.

If I'm settled and comfy and the weather is shit, then I'll crack another one open, put my feet up, get stuck into the Matchmakers and watch it at home. Or possibly mince along to the local for it.

OR. If the weathers ok and I'm sick of being indoors, then I might cycle along to the Amex.

I think option A is looking more likely though.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm looking forward to it. I've booked Seagull Travel coach instead of the train and it should be a really good game. It's Arsenal at home on Boxing Day why is that not exciting even if the bloody trains are a pain

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I'll be there by hook or by crook, I love Boxing Day footie.With all those that are giving it a miss and those that leave early I'll have a nice easy stroll back to the car having watched the highlights in the concourse and a drink afterwards. Happy dayz.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Personally, I think it's a great kick-off time. Nice Boxing Day lie-in; a pre-lunch walk; a late lunch of leftovers and pickles before it's time to set off for a pre-match pint. Then, back in time for the evening TV. Sounds a great day to me ... a 3.00 ko would have been more of a rush.

But each to his or her own.

Not many folk live within easy walking distance of the Amex, as you do.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not many folk live within easy walking distance of the Amex, as you do.

I did say "personally". But, as was pointed out earlier, if you're coming by rail, there's little difference between a 3.00 and a 5.30 KO. I happen to prefer a 5.30 one

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
excuse me for supporting my local team, bloody JCL.........

:D
I'm not sure which person you are aiming JCL at lol, yourself or me?

And the thread is about the trains or lack of so doesn't really need everyone who isn't affected to join in and say that they are unaffected.

But, I was not having a serious dig at you. In fact I'm envious of your nearby location. [emoji26]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just looked at the bus timetables and it appears that the 25 is only going to Falmer Station not The Amex and the last one back into Brighton is 6.32pm . The match finishes approx 7.20. Could well miss this and watch it on sky as wife has the grandchildren so too many to get in a car to take us and pick us up. Do the parking wardens work Boxing Day. Did I read that the club are putting on free buses from Lewes if so possibly park on Lewes and catch one of those.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here