Boxing Day Hunt

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Why

Forget the rights and wrongs and the damage foxes do.Surely the only question needed is what sort of person would want to watch an animal chased to its death and ripped apart?
And take their kids with them.Most serial killers have tortured animals first.:tosser:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Forget the rights and wrongs and the damage foxes do.Surely the only question needed is what sort of person would want to watch an animal chased to its death and ripped apart?
And take their kids with them.Most serial killers have tortured animals first.:tosser:

Someone else who CLEARLY knows nothing about what he is talking about:tosser:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The current trend of these animal rights groups is to try to con people with a false image of what is going on by manipulating imagry to shock, images which are staged and do not represent the truth, the come up with exaggerated claims to try to get people to side with them - The anti hunt brigade was not about stopping hunting because a fox MIGHT get killed, but as an anti-establishment campaign aimed at the precieved upper classes of this country.

A current example is the wwf campaign about the melting ice caps threatening Polar Bears, which is true, but they claim that by subscribing to them for £3.50 a month, they can save them, - how? - flying millions of ice cube trays to the poles to provide hunting grounds? or what then?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
A current example is the wwf campaign about the melting ice caps threatening Polar Bears, which is true, but they claim that by subscribing to them for £3.50 a month, they can save them, - how? - flying millions of ice cube trays to the poles to provide hunting grounds? or what then?

[yt]5qpqyxHkgAE[/yt]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The current trend of these animal rights groups is to try to con people with a false image of what is going on by manipulating imagry to shock, images which are staged and do not represent the truth, the come up with exaggerated claims to try to get people to side with them - The anti hunt brigade was not about stopping hunting because a fox MIGHT get killed, but as an anti-establishment campaign aimed at the precieved upper classes of this country.

I don't really care about foxes, there are hardly an endangered species.

I just wish that the pro-hunting lobby would admit the reality of it.

It is basically a sport where thousands of dogs are bred for the purpose of killing another animal. When the dogs are unable to keep up with the rest of the pack at half their natural lifespan they are destroyed. 3000 a year according to huntsman themselves.

There it is. Breeding animals to kill other animals for fun.

Yes there is a whole industry that has built up around it, but I'm sure if dog fighting was allowed there would be a similiar support industry.

I think it's something that is very difficult to police and ban, but I'd just wish the people doing it would be a bit more honest publically about the sport they love.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Like I said in a previous post, I don't condone the killing of Foxes with the hounds but I do support the hunt. Fox hunting is banned the hunt do not chase foxes anymore they follow a scent, yet we still get antis coming out and quite often abusing the kids that are out (they never seem to abuse me for some reason) and worst of all hitting the horses and hounds with sticks, these people say they are animal rights protesters yet they are cruel to animals !!!
I have even seen them tie fishing line between the trees to hurt horse and rider, we now send monitors out in front of the hunt to ensure it is safe.

What I am trying to say is this argument is a little out of date now, the antis got their way and hunting with dogs was banned, so unless the law is repealed (which I VERY much doubt) there really is no argument anymore.
What is more likely is that it is a class thing, which again is very out dated as I would say 75% of hunters (especially with the Crawley & Horsham) are working class ! I am a lorry driver for christ sakes, I used work night club doors for a bit of extra cash and I was bought up in the roughest part of Crawley !!!!!
Toffs my arse !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Any pictures of the " kill " to wank over then ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ok, I believe you :lolol:

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Ok, I believe you :lolol:
No seriously, with the amount of police and sab evidence gatherers that follow the hunt now, do you honestly think we would risk the law ? How many court cases have there been against a hunt for braking the ban ? one I think !

And do you know what I think the only time I've seen the hounds kill, since the ban, was when they were chasing a man made scent and Basil Brush stuck his head out of the hedgerow at just the wrong time, you would have had to be a magician to have stopped them too !

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
The same old answer from the bloodthirsty brigade:rolleyes:

So you dont want to keep up and watch ? Most normal people would hate seeing an animal being terrorised.You lot get of on it.Personally I watch the news hoping one of you has fallen and broken their scummy necks.thats something I would pay to watch:tosser:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
like I said unc, we don't kill foxes anymore it is banned !

this is maybe the reason as to why they have become popular ....no kill hunts and if you want to watch ...........wheres the harm in that, but if the killing starts again they would not only lose those people but any public support they had

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't really care about foxes, there are hardly an endangered species.

I just wish that the pro-hunting lobby would admit the reality of it.

It is basically a sport where thousands of dogs are bred for the purpose of killing another animal. When the dogs are unable to keep up with the rest of the pack at half their natural lifespan they are destroyed. 3000 a year according to huntsman themselves.

There it is. Breeding animals to kill other animals for fun.

Yes there is a whole industry that has built up around it, but I'm sure if dog fighting was allowed there would be a similiar support industry.

I think it's something that is very difficult to police and ban, but I'd just wish the people doing it would be a bit more honest publically about the sport they love.

There used to be a fox that hung out in our back gardens when I lived in Camden. He was a cool dude fox, didnt do any harm, just strutted around. Me and the neighbours rather liked him.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Strewth. This still going on? Quite simple all you animal-lovers who reckon it's cruel or barbaric - go vegetarian or have the guts (sic) to go to an abbatoir or battery farm and see how your meat gets from a living creature to your dinner table or takeaway.

Hunting's a darn sight more humane than some of the farming methods that you lot don't seem to give a shit about. Mind you, from most of the replies in this thread it's not actually about the animal, more to do with the fact that you perceive the hunters to be toffs. No war like a class war.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports