Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The one in our London garden was a dude, not a pest. He just strutted around looking cool.

:lolol: Yeah I know. When I was in the UK I drove up my street, I saw a mum fox and two babies foxes and I had to put my brakes on really hard. They just stood there looking at my car and then ran off. I must admit that i thought how nice they looked.

Then i remember they killed my rabbit! Bastards!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
:lolol: Yeah I know. When I was in the UK I drove up my street, I saw a mum fox and two babies foxes and I had to put my brakes on really hard. They just stood there looking at my car and then ran off. I must admit that i thought how nice they looked.

Then i remember they killed my rabbit! Bastards!

Hang on, surely Rabbits are pests too and need to be disposed of ? plenty of them too, so why don't out Huntsmen saddle up and go after them. Or, don't cute pests count ?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Hang on, surely Rabbits are pests too and need to be disposed of ? plenty of them too, so why don't out Huntsmen saddle up and go after them. Or, don't cute pests count ?

Thats not to say that foxes are not cute. ;)

Rabbits ARE pests but only on farms that grow crops. So on crop farms they kill rabbits. Foxes are pests on farms that keep live animals. So they kill foxes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thats not to say that foxes are not cute. ;)

Rabbits ARE pests but only on farms that grow crops. So on crop farms they kill rabbits. Foxes are pests on farms that keep live animals. So they kill foxes.

Well, how about going hunting Rabbits on Shetland Ponies with Yorkshire Terriers ?.. given the scale ?

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
This is what foxes do. WARNING PICTURE OF DEAD LAMB.

http://www.foxmanonline.org.uk/Images/lambkill.jpg

MODS - sorry for putting this up. If you want me to delete it I will without question.

Not sure what your point is mate?
I dont think anyone has questioned that foxes kill things and I think most people accept that the numbers need to be controlled.
What I don't understand is the stupid, pointless, illegal, cruel and totaly inefficient means of control that hunting provides.
If fox numbers need to be reduced, leave the pest control to trained marksmen, several prohunt people on here have already said the hunt no longer kills foxes so why post a picture of the damage a fox can do as a pro hunt point.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
9 pages, and the most intelligent post on the whole thing comes from the lad once derided on here as NSC's very own village idiot. Uni is obviously doing the boy good.

Those of you in the pro camp, stop and actually read it. He's 100% right.
Then I suggest that the Village Idiot takes legal action against the hunt for trespass ! Unless of course he has a bridleway through his land as then there isn't a great deal he can do.
The hunt has to ask permission to use someone else's land just the same as anyone else, that's why most hunts are held on "Estates" for instance Crawley and Horsham Foxhounds, 9 times out of 10 use Knepp Castle Estate with full permission of the land owner, If Aidrie is letting them ruin his land thats his own fault !!

Then I suggest that the Village Idiot takes legal action against the hunt for trespass ! Unless of course he has a bridleway through his land as then there isn't a great deal he can do.
The hunt has to ask permission to use someone else's land just the same as anyone else, that's why most hunts are held on "Estates" for instance Crawley and Horsham Foxhounds, 9 times out of 10 use Knepp Castle Estate with full permission of the land owner, If Aidrie is letting them ruin his land thats his own fault !!

Bollocks. In my time as a sab I saw countless times the hunt trespassed without permission. Try complaining and suddenly your windows got smashed and your tyres got slashed by these lovely 'law-abiding' wankers. I saw countless assaults by hunt supporters, and only one ever by a sab. I saw countless digging out and set blocking.

Hunters and those who support them are scum who gain pleasure from the torture and wholesale slaughter of foxes.

I'd have a f*** sight more time for them if they just admitted they are blood-thirsty anachronisms who enjoy killing things for pleasure.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Bollocks. In my time as a sab I saw countless times the hunt trespassed without permission. Try complaining and suddenly your windows got smashed and your tyres got slashed by these lovely 'law-abiding' wankers. I saw countless assaults by hunt supporters, and only one ever by a sab. I saw countless digging out and set blocking.

Hunters and those who support them are scum who gain pleasure from the torture and wholesale slaughter of foxes.

I'd have a f*** sight more time for them if they just admitted they are blood-thirsty anachronisms who enjoy killing things for pleasure.
Oh and you sabs never break the law do you !!
I can only speak from experience and say that in recent years the hunt that I follow don't trespass ! Oh and thanks for the scum tag, I love you too :kiss:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Not sure what your point is mate?
I dont think anyone has questioned that foxes kill things and I think most people accept that the numbers need to be controlled.
What I don't understand is the stupid, pointless, illegal, cruel and totaly inefficient means of control that hunting provides.
If fox numbers need to be reduced, leave the pest control to trained marksmen, several prohunt people on here have already said the hunt no longer kills foxes so why post a picture of the damage a fox can do as a pro hunt point.

Yes numbers do need to be controlled.

Stupid - in your opinion
pointless - but i though numbers needed to be controlled.
illegal - how?
cruel - yes for lambs awsell as foxes.
totaly inefficient - not totaly.

So if NSC people have said that foxes no longer get killed. Whats the problem with hunting? Is it the people you dont like?

I posted the picture of the dead lamb to show that foxes are not inocent. Notice that the lamb has been killed by at least 2 foxes and then just left. Not for food, just becuase foxes are killers and hunt. Much like humans.

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008

Stupid - in your opinion
pointless - but i though numbers needed to be controlled.
illegal - how?
cruel - yes for lambs awsell as foxes.
totaly inefficient - not totaly.

So if NSC people have said that foxes no longer get killed. Whats the problem with hunting? Is it the people you dont like?

I posted the picture of the dead lamb to show that foxes are not inocent. Notice that the lamb has been killed by at least 2 foxes and then just left. Not for food, just becuase foxes are killers and hunt. Much like humans.

Well its pointless if the pro hunters on here are telling the truth when they say they abide by the law and do NOT kill anymore, That must count as pointless when you are saying the fox numbers need to be controled.

Illegal, excuse me if I am wrong but I thought the elected assembly had banned hunting with hounds?

Cruel, yes, for the lambs and chickens that foxes kill, but hunting doesn't stop it, it's also cruel for the hounds that only get half a life for your fun.

Is it the people I dont like, not sure as I would never associate with people that think animal cruelty is some kind of sport.

Now, on this last point I will bow to your superior understanding but I thought, in the wild, foxes killed as much as they could and took only what they could carry, but allways returned to bury the rest for later. Mans proximity usually means they cant get back to bury the remainder thus giving the appearance of pointless killing.
I'm afraid it's only human sportsmen that kill for fun, but, as I have never killed an animal for my own sadistic pleasure - I assume you have - you will know more about what makes otherwise normal descent people enjoy such barbarity.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Well its pointless if the pro hunters on here are telling the truth when they say they abide by the law and do NOT kill anymore, That must count as pointless when you are saying the fox numbers need to be controled.

Illegal, excuse me if I am wrong but I thought the elected assembly had banned hunting with hounds?

Cruel, yes, for the lambs and chickens that foxes kill, but hunting doesn't stop it, it's also cruel for the hounds that only get half a life for your fun.

Is it the people I dont like, not sure as I would never associate with people that think animal cruelty is some kind of sport.

Now, on this last point I will bow to your superior understanding but I thought, in the wild, foxes killed as much as they could and took only what they could carry, but allways returned to bury the rest for later. Mans proximity usually means they cant get back to bury the remainder thus giving the appearance of pointless killing.
I'm afraid it's only human sportsmen that kill for fun, but, as I have never killed an animal for my own sadistic pleasure - I assume you have - you will know more about what makes otherwise normal descent people enjoy such barbarity.

You hate the people who go fox hunting. Enough said.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
What I find weird, is that the pro-hunting people drag out all these excuses like culling foxes, and keeping the country-side alive blah blah blah, when you think about the history of fox hunting and the fact that it was only the exceptionally wealthy, toffy nosed, land owning stuck up gentry who took part, I do tend to wonder why so many people want this pomposity of a tradition continued! Especially the barbarious nature of what it was originally intended for.

As long as they trash their own land, don't ride on any public land, don't kill anything then they can go knock themselves out and do it for all I care.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Is it the people you dont like?

I have always thought it somewhat perverse that people should get off on killing something just for the fun of it, not because they are hungry and in need of a good meal or simply to feed their family...so in that respect, I have nothing whatsoever in common with anyone associated with fox-hunting.

Don't for a minute think that I am opposed to killing an animal with a gun, either because it is a pest or for food, given an opportunity I would happily shoot rabbits...on the premise that I could have a couple for the pot...rabbit and prune stew, a delicacy in Belgium and bloody tasty it is too!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Quite. But natural selection will ensure that one or two will break their necks jumping over fences chasing foxes, a few more will meet their maker through ill-advised quad bike purchases, and a large number will slash their wrists when the value of their greed-based investment portfolio falls through the floor.

:dance:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here