Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The relentless nastiness of this thread tells me I'm just not sufficiently bile-filled and aggressive to be a proper football supporter.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Could never understand the lets cheer on Bmuff mentality. Their fans dislike BHA much more than S'pton and Pompey do.
Well I've never cheered them on, but on the other hand I don't care what Bournemouth fans think. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever even MET a Bournemouth fan.
I'd still rather them go up than Southampton, for the lols.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I have an intense dislike of Bournemouth and Southampton so I hope they both miss out on promotion. Posh and Huddersfield to join us in the Championship:thumbsup:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
The Dell was MARGINALLY SMALLER than the Goldstone. But did have two seated stands running down both sides of the pitch, which our place never had.

Our gates when we were toe to toe were fairly similar, but the simple fact is that they were in the top flight for 27 years, they haven't finished behind us for fifty years, they have reached TWO cup finals and two semis, winning it once whereas we haven't, they have finished second in the top flight in living memory, they have had a couple of literally world class players (Keegan, Le Tiss), they have played in European competition, and they haven't had a league average gate lower than ours since 1979.

So yes, I'd say that historically, they are bigger than us.

YES but they are from Hampshire F.F.S.
Only fact that is needed to prove we are MASSIVE compared to them

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
The relentless nastiness of this thread tells me I'm just not sufficiently bile-filled and aggressive to be a proper football supporter.
Or that you are from linconshire and that you and your opinion have no place on a Brighton message board.
F.F.S. do Lincoln still actually have a football team?
Noddy town
Noddy County
Noddy football team
And your "Cathederal" is shite too.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bournemouth have a song which mentions us.
One end of their ground used to be called the Brighton Beach End.
Some of them refer to us as the Seaweed.

I've never really liked them and I've always thought Steve Fletcher is a cock.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They are indeed a Noddy club, with a particularly Noddy badge, although I would venture that Burton Albion's badge is arguably worse:

0,,10950~8007286,00.jpg

But AFCB are also responsible for this horror, which is UNFORGIVEABLE in my opinion. It's the Noddyest thing I've seen this side of Toytown. Name it after him, yeah, OK, I suppose, they probably haven't had many other proper heroes, but sticking a massive photo of his huge HEAD on the top? Embarrassing.

images

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Top Trumped by Edna in the noddy department(I also hold a grudge against Bournmouth because their gutless fans used to wait on the roadbridge at the end of Boscombe railway station till we were on the platform and chuck loads of bottles down on us).
It is official-- Bournmouth ARE more Noddy than even Lincoln.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I f***ing HATE Noddy sides and Bmth are up there believe you me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That is truly an abomination

It's enough to make you hope your strikers occasionally sky one, just to smash it in his face and try to knock it down or put a hole through it. You just know if that happened, they wouldn't have the money to replace it, and it'd be up there for the next ten years with a massive hole in the face :lolol:

And I don't even dislike Fletcher himself, he seems an amiable sort, and has never been prolific enough as a striker to justify hating him. I just think the whole giant photo thing makes them look really small-time. Even smaller-time than they already are.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Small bribe to your Help for Heroes fund Edna.(technically done but I expect you to comply)
I will pledge a sum if you post.Brighton are bigger than Bournmouth.Sussex is better than Hampshire/Dorset.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The giant Fletcher-head makes you want to sneak in there with a paintball gun. Preferably loaded with shit-brown or pink pellets.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Small bribe to your Help for Heroes fund Edna.(technically done but I expect you to comply)
I will pledge a sum if you post.Brighton are bigger than Bournmouth.Sussex is better than Hampshire/Dorset.

On here? :lolol:

Brighton are bigger than Bournmouth.Sussex is better than Hampshire/Dorset.

Thanks very much, that's pushed my fund over the £600.00 mark, so cheers :clap: :thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Fletcher might not score many goals but he's very good at getting away with fouls and winning free kicks, like the one at Withdean the ref gave a pen for. And what's with wearing a tight t-shirt on the pitch to show off his guns?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
no prob Edna
apart from any other motive.
A Plod is REALLY gonna suffer.
You get the pain
A great Charity gets a few bob.(from me,I am sure you will raise loads)
I get to take the piss out of a few yokels.

loads of good reasons.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Indeed, we've always been smaller than Southampton but bigger than Bournemouth.

Another reason to dislike Bournemouth is that they changed their name to AFC Bournemouth so that they could be first in alphabetical order among football league clubs. Small time gimps.

and theyve generally played in the same colours as AC Milan in a hope of playing like them. Some hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here