Bournemouth willing to let Murray leave on a free

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You could add peeps being underwhelmed by Knockers signing because he wasn't the 'star' forward....look how that one turned out
I have less of a problem with that.
There are always going to be Brighton fans that slag off a player before he's even kicked a ball. :shrug:

It's just the tired, dull, boring, monotonous cycle of being unable to look beyond the end of your nose, that gets right on my tits.

What does it say about someone, who even after this season, they're still desperate for Barnes & Murray's return?
Or the latest overpaid nobody who's finally been slung out of a shitehouse Premier League side.
Or some second rate striker who's agent once screwed millions of pounds out of another club, because they have no imagination.

After the last 12 months how can anyone not be at def-con Vicente levels of excitement about who'll be starting in August.
Yet so many would be happy with Glenn Murray. :down:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I
What does it say about someone, who even after this season, they're still desperate for Barnes & Murray's return?

I don't think you can compare the two. I certainly think we could do a lot better than Murray (for a lot less money) but Barnes is different: he's younger and he'd certainly fit in this team. The one thing we know about him is that he's someone who'll be fully committed.

I wouldn't say I was "desperate" for him but I'd welcome him back ... as long as we had another striker with him (I mean in addition to Hemed and Baldock)

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
We started our last playoff game two goals down and without a striker on the bench and finished with one striker on the pitch. We obviously need more quality strikers. How many strikers better than Murray have we signed in the past five years? I don't fancy those odds. Sign him up!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Find it hard to believe anyone would pay Murray £30,000 a week (and to be honest if Fulham would, having just come out of an embargo, then that's where their problems started). On a free and paying a percentage fine but not for that amount per week. What a waste of money for Bournemouth with the £5 million transfer fee too!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Find it hard to believe anyone would pay Murray £30,000 a week (and to be honest if Fulham would, having just come out of an embargo, then that's where their problems started). On a free and paying a percentage fine but not for that amount per week. What a waste of money for Bournemouth with the £5 million transfer fee too!

I find it hard to believe that we paid Kemy £10k a week.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It is not the £30k per week that look attractive or otherwise it is the overall £3m that would secure our rise to the Premier probably not as first choice every game but as an alternative to Hemed for some games or during games as per BZ is the attraction.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It is not the £30k per week that look attractive or otherwise it is the overall £3m that would secure our rise to the Premier probably not as first choice every game but as an alternative to Hemed for some games or during games as per BZ is the attraction.

I don't think Murray is that good. He's decent but he has only ever had one season at this level where he got that many goals. He would certainly not guarantee promotion and potentially would upset other players as I doubt many of them are on £30K a week.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes please. Would be a fantastic addition.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think Murray is that good. He's decent but he has only ever had one season at this level where he got that many goals. He would certainly not guarantee promotion and potentially would upset other players as I doubt many of them are on £30K a week.

I am confident that had we signed him pre March deadline we would now be in the Premier. He is not only a good goalscorer but also a front target man, which we lack as cover for Hemed and also he is very good defensively at set pieces. Whether it be GM or A N Other we desperately need a cover for Hemed to replace BZ. What price would a proven replacement like Crouch or Lambert cost when Kyle Lafferty was valued at £3m and Hooper joined Wednesday for that fee, neither of whom as good all round as GM.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. We haven't had a decent aerial striker since Ulloa left.
2. Hemed is most certainly NOT a target man in the Murray / Ulloa mould.
3. Our route to promotion clearly lies in crosses being converted. Murray can do that job.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd take him on a 1 season loan, but not 3 years @ 30K per week !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd take him on a 1 season loan, but not 3 years @ 30K per week !

Why would he agreed to that with his club in the Prem and two years of his contract still to run? Why would Bournemouth agree to that either as it still leaves Year 3 as a problem.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would he agreed to that with his club in the Prem and two years of his contract still to run? Why would Bournemouth agree to that either as it still leaves Year 3 as a problem.
No idea.

I just wouldn't take him for longer than 1 season on 30K per week !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports