Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth V Forest

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I like the view from the seats at Bournemouth right on top of the pitch - But Forest a proper away day !!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope Forest come up, it will be interesting to see how Cooper does seeing as he has been touted as the man to replace Potter when he goes by a few on here. If they do come up I can't see him swapping Forest for the Albion though.

I also despise Bournemouth even without Smug Eddie, because of their homophobic fans and because they rival Reading for the ultimate Tinpot title. Has their Oligarch been sanctioned?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don’t normally get all frothy about which teams I like/dislike but must make an exception for Bournemouth.

Perhaps I’ve just been unlucky but have found their fans to be some of the most irritating, loathsome and entitled idiots I have encountered across all four divisions.

Not helped by two awful AFCB ‘fans’ I’d met through work, both of whom were middle-aged new breed, having never set foot inside Dean Park before 2017. But god were they full of it, every bloody week banging on about their team and how much better they were than everyone else.

100% Forest for me please.

Dean Court (#pedant). Always sounded more like a block of flats than a football ground.

Its changed names about 5 times since then, which is always a sign of RAMPANT tinpottery.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bournemouth are a terrible noddy club who play in an area that looks like the 1970s forgot it. Their oligarch hasn't been sanctioned because he's now a British Citizen but it doesn't make his money any cleaner. Their fans have weird twin obsessions with our facilities and men's anatomy but most of them are more plastic than a blow up doll and just as full of hot air.

Come on Forest.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Dean Court (#pedant). Always sounded more like a block of flats than a football ground.

Its changed names about 5 times since then, which is always a sign of RAMPANT tinpottery.

Yes - sorry, Dean Court.

Think AFCB were one of those clubs which had a small, but very loyal fanbase which was overrun by turbo tossers the higher they pushed up the league….

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Forest.

Because Bournemouth choking would be hilarious

Almost as funny as promising young Smug Eddie taking them back down in the first place.

Luton's ground in the Premier League would be a huge culture shock for the snobby, entitled fans of the big six/seven/however many, so it's Fulham, Forest, Luton for me.

And in the season that Oldham became the first club to drop from Premier League to non-League, Luton being the first club to complete the opposite journey would have a nice symmetry.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
What's that all about?

Forest for me and Sheff U in the play offs. Both cracking away days.

I don't know but the game is on Sky Sports. Sorry, I meant LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE ON SKY SPORTS MAIN EVENT AND SKY SPORTS FOOTBALL

Given BT are showing the Champions league I'm assuming it's something to do with that.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Tonight with the slightly weird KO time of 19.00. A win for Forest takes them to 2nd but anything else leaves Bournmouth long odds on favourite for the 2nd promotion spot.

We are all Forest tonight aren't we? A decent city, a proper club with history in a stadium sandwiched between the oldest club and the cricket ground versus the Petro dollared, Ruski owned, Plucky Bournmeouth and their half a dozen fans in the noddiest stadium to grace the PL.

Come on you Reds.

Nope prefer Bournemouth to win , much easier to get to and another team from the south coast .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My concern with Forest coming up is the potential coverage being like Leeds - a team that used to be big, and successful in Europe, finally making it back to the top division where they belong etc

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Been 23 years out of the top flight for Forest, that's a while

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't know but the game is on Sky Sports. Sorry, I meant LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE ON SKY SPORTS MAIN EVENT AND SKY SPORTS FOOTBALL

Given BT are showing the Champions league I'm assuming it's something to do with that.

That, or the fact most of their fanbase are retired so a midweek 7pm is ideal. Back in time for Newsnight.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I hope Forest come up, it will be interesting to see how Cooper does seeing as he has been touted as the man to replace Potter when he goes by a few on here. If they do come up I can't see him swapping Forest for the Albion though.

Cooper has been very lucky with the loan signings Forest have - in particular Garner and Spence, both of whom are PL quality players (and will be playing the PL next season irrespective of what happens to Forest) - and Zinckernagel hasn't been bad either.

If they do get promoted they are going to struggle bigtime unless they spent a sh*tload of money (and even then it probably won't be enough).

Saying all of that - Copper has done a very good job since he got there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With my Albion glasses on, I think it would be better for Bournemouth to come up automatically because I think they will come straight back down.

Forest are on a roll, and if they come up automatically they could carry that on into next season just like Wolves, Sheff Utd and Leeds did when they came up.

Either way, I expect Forest to come up, but the play-off route means you get 4 weeks less to build your Prem squad, so a big disadvantage. A number of their key players are loanees, so they'll have to sort out those contracts first, and I doubt whether they've spent much time preparing for the Prem.

It suits us just fine to have Fulham, Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich and Burnley yo-yoing between the divisions (West Brom have really let the side down this year). I think Forest could be a threat. If you throw in Everton / Leeds going down then coming back up again the Prem could be a lot stronger in 2 years time.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
If Muff get automatic 2nd spot would like to see Forest or Luton going up via playoffs. Definitely not Sheff or Udds.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Having to go to Luton

17dhfs.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here