Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth season ticket holders pro-rata price increase of around 40%

D

Deleted member 22389

HAA HAHAHAHHAHAHAA! Plus they announced yesterday that they wouldn't be looking to extend/improve the stadium, and that funds would be going to improve the squad instead. So happy they are going to go the QPR route and hopefully plummit back down the leagues to their two bob rightful place.

I really don't like Bournemouth. Basically founded on jealousy.

At least your honest about it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
HAA HAHAHAHHAHAHAA! Plus they announced yesterday that they wouldn't be looking to extend/improve the stadium, and that funds would be going to improve the squad instead. So happy they are going to go the QPR route and hopefully plummit back down the leagues to their two bob rightful place.

Sounds like the are going the Palace way - invest all in the team, and little in the off the pitch infrastructure. Maybe they'll get some white paint and cladding ? :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
That's hard to justify given the huge amount of TV money they'll get. I read somewhere that the increase in TV revenue alone in the Prem this year (or maybe next) was enough to cover the cost of every season ticket for every team. I might be wrong.

My point is though, that ticket revenue is a rapidly decreasing part of the Premier League income, and Muff could have at very least frozen the prices, and there's a strong case that they should have reduced them.

But we all know where the increase in TV revenue will go. It will not be used to reduce ticket prices. West Ham are trying to kid their fans that there is a price reduction, when they move to Stratford.( 2016-17 ) but this season coming, prices are going up at Upton Park. So the prices at Stratford will be exactly where they are now. Clever, eh.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I did like this bit:

'Their reward is to compete in the nation’s elite division and welcome the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal to the south coast'

Oh well, that's five glam games then. They forgot to mention Stoke, Hull, Watford, Palace, West Brom, Sunderland, Leicester, Swansea, Norwich or Boro...

and very few Saturday 3pm kick-offs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's so small-minded. What money are we talking about - an average £250 per person x £7,000 = £1.75 million.

Even if they finish bottom they're guaranteed £99 million TV money for one season.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Five paragraphs before they kick in with the bad news :lolol:

A minimum of 550 quid for 19 games!

£29 a game to watch one of the best leagues in the world.....yeah disgusting!.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Redknapp will have his feet under the table by Christmas, bleed the club dry with a load of old pro's signed in January and then walk away by the end of the season with a dodgy knee when things are going tits up...can't wait.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
West Ham are trying to make all the other clubs look like worse by lowering the cost of tickets, they got given a stadium for free to do this, not only was it free we are paying for it.

Except West Ham aren't lowering their prices next season. They're in fact going up. (PS: they have announced they will reduce them for some tickets, tbc, in 2016/17 when they move)

£29 a game to watch one of the best leagues in the world.....yeah disgusting!.

I'm sure I paid more than £550 to watch us lose to Millwall and so on

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Jealous of whome?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
That's hard to justify given the huge amount of TV money they'll get. I read somewhere that the increase in TV revenue alone in the Prem this year (or maybe next) was enough to cover the cost of every season ticket for every team. I might be wrong.

My point is though, that ticket revenue is a rapidly decreasing part of the Premier League income, and Muff could have at very least frozen the prices, and there's a strong case that they should have reduced them.

Agree completely. According to the BBC they will get £120 million for a season in the prem. they could have easily frozen prices.How can they be allowed in that division with such a low capacity? If they have shelved plans to expand it shows their ambition or lack of.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not at all Prem football for same cost as us in Championship.....However there would be a few coughs if we went up and our prices went up 40%....
Same cost as us match for match? As already posted in this thread, once the few big clubs have been played, you've got to play little clubs like Swansea, Middlesborough, Stoke, Southampton, palace etc. I'd rather have more games and less TV interference for my money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here