Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth pretendance

Well good for you if you feel better being part of a community of 23,546 instead of a community of only 21,432. I'm not that bothered about your so called metric but is it really 'destroyed' just because they read out tickets sold? Every club will have people that have tickets but are unable to attend so we can compare. We know the number of season ticket sales so the only variables are the away fans and those that buy match by match. You can estimate the away fans from the blocks they fill so that just leaves looking at the gaps around the ground.

Meanwhile, there's a game going on!

For someone who doesn't care, you seem to have a lot to say about the subject.

Just an observation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For someone who doesn't care, you seem to have a lot to say about the subject.

Just an observation.

I don't care about the size of the crowd but interested to know why others seem to think it is the be all and end all (or at least that is what it seems)!

I don't care about the size of the crowd but interested to know why others seem to think it is the be all and end all (or at least that is what it seems)!

Oh, sorry.

I thought your opening post was about how tedious these threads were, dull in fact.

And yet you continue to post.

Guessing here, but it may be you.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Funny to think that back in the old days when an attendance was announced over the tannoy at some grounds around the country the question being asked was "Whats happened to the other 2,000 ?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The first two official attendances at P1ssfield, back in the 'team with no home' days, were exactly the same. What are the chances of that (being a reflection of anything whatsoever)? I am pretty confident the official attendance these days is as Drew stated. As for folk who want people like me to lose something for having a season ticket and not turning up, yah, boo, bollocks. I watched it on the telly and 'wasted' £90 quid (2 season tickets). Sue me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In the train queue after the game, TLO and I had the misfortune to encounter a pair of spectacularly smug Bournemouth fans who- this is brilliant- mocked us with "You can't even fill a 30,000 seat stadium". Mind boggling.

That's Bournemouth fans, just to clarify.

Pair of utter CLUMPS.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In the train queue after the game, TLO and I had the misfortune to encounter a pair of spectacularly smug Bournemouth fans who- this is brilliant- mocked us with "You can't even fill a 30,000 seat stadium". Mind boggling.

Pair of utter CLUMPS.
And they couldn't even sell out an away allocation when they are top of the league. Prats.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And they couldn't even sell out an away allocation when they are top of the league. Prats.

He and his wife (?) were busy announcing to each other (but in that sort of loud voice that was clearly designed to be heard by all around them) that Falmer is "a ridiculous place to build a football stadium".

To which I bit, and turned to ask him where else in Brighton & Hove he'd suggest building a football stadium.

Guess where this massive twunt suggested?

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

Pair of utter CLUMPS.

I really hope theh fall into the play offs and loose....twats

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By the way: this Bournemouth fan suggested that we should have built our new stadium "Where the old one was", and was incredulous that we should have stuck it elsewhere.

The monumental ignorance displayed by him there is fairly indicative, I suspect, of his recent conversion to the Bournemouth cause. Utter, utter clump.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
hate to think how many will be there tues reckon should be about 15k
I'll be there. Missed Bournemouth, and Huddersfield is my last chance to watch albion this wretched season.

It may even be the albion-officially-avoid-relegation-party :rock:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yes and since then the Albion support have still bought another 20,000 season tickets. This is a fantastic effort at moaning at something that is cracking. Its a support that most London clubs (except the Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham & Chelsea) would kill for. Just remember, the now self professed bet fans in the country (Palace) were living off between 10,000 to 12000 paying punters plus free ticket sales to try and make a crowd half respectable. Only at Brighton can selling 20,000 plus season tickets be seen as a negative ! Its so absurd that its funny and so typically Brighton!

...and I remember sitting at Withdean, midweek, barely half full, to watch a goalless draw v Tranmere. A lot of BHA fans have very short memories or is it that they have no experience pre-Amex?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm amazed we get as many as we do. The prices are high and the football is dire. The fans are not getting value for money and at present, are still showing remarkable loyalty.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm amazed we get as many as we do. The prices are high and the football is dire. The fans are not getting value for money and at present, are still showing remarkable loyalty.

But how much longer will it last? We need some serious investment in the squad over the summer or interest will drain away. Last minute signings in early August should be avoided if at all possible. Let's get some good players in EARLY (for once) and give the squad time to gel before the new season starts. This seems so bloody obvious, I know, but I am rather less optimistic than many that we have learned lessons from this season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Maybe part of that is due to the Amex. The match day experience is far superior to what it was at Withdean which itself was an expensive venue for what we had to put up with but I think fans accepted the premium because it was about keeping the club going. This season has been dross, especially compared to the first 3 seasons.

But how much longer will it last? We need some serious investment in the squad over the summer or interest will drain away. Last minute signings in early August should be avoided if at all possible. Let's get some good players in EARLY (for once) and give the squad time to gel before the new season starts. This seems so bloody obvious, I know, but I am rather less optimistic than many that we have learned lessons from this season.

We do have the advantage of knowing which league we will be in come the beginning of May which may be an advantage. The last two years we haven't know until we had lost in the play-offs which put our recruitment plans back by almost a month!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here