Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth......how to do It?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Guys... I like BHA, but seriously, all this constant talk of spending more than we have blah blah is nonsense... As some of the more reasoned posts have started we are actually similar to you... One man at the top who could pull out at anytime, but the likelihood is they won't...

Ok, our ground is not much bigger than a subuteo stand, but plans are being looked into to take us up to 18k in the next 18 months (Swansea only has 19k and they seem to be doing pretty well)...

For those that think we have bought our way to the top of the Champ...

The team that we had in Lg 1 for the 2012/13 season...

R Allsop, S Francis, T Elphick, S Cook, C Daniels, M Pugh, H Arter, S MacDonald, M Ritchie, B Pitman, L Grabban

The team that we have now, playing today in our 2nd season in the Championship...

A Boruc, S Francis, T Elphick, S Cook, C Daniels, M Pugh, H Arter, A Surman, M Ritchie, B Pitman, C Wilson

Boruc is on loan from Southampton, Surman was bought last season, and Wilson was practically a 'Grabbs out Wilson in' for the same money...

3 changes...

Love the user name, very underrated guitarist.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've said it 100s of times, and I'll say it once more.

What on earth is wrong with a rich man spending some of his money on buying players/paying wages for a football team he owns?

If they are borrowing money to fund this fair enough, punish them. But if it's this rich Russian they've got on board spending 0.1% of his wealth, good luck to them.

Why don't you tell that to all the local businesses in Portsmouth that went under because they got a penny in the pound...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bournemouth fan in peace here. I just wanted to point out that most of the team performing well today were signed as League 1 players. Pitman has stayed with us since League 2. We signed Wilson after selling Grabban and receiving 25% of the Adam Llallana fee from Liverpool.

Cook and Elphick have been great for us, and I think a big factor in that is the way Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall bring the best out of players.

I've followed afcb for many a year, and at last we're having some 'time in the sun'. You have had plenty of those and I'm sure with the set-up you have you'll be turning things around.
Good reply and good luck.?..I for one hope you go up. It just goes to show what a small club can achieve, even if it went pear shaped now or if /when you go up. It just shows how we have cocked up our manager appointment, player recruitment and alienated certain sections of fans through corporate enterprise first, football achievement and fan satisfaction last.
I love my club but I am envious of what a club down the road has achieved so far this season and wish we could swap positions in the table and our fans were watching 8 goal thrillers and getting excited about going Up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here