Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth......how to do It?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Er Why? They are top of the division, scoring goals, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal , Citeh in their sight while we cannot score for toffee, relegation fodder looking forward to third tier football. Why should we NOT want to be in their Position? We have wanted it since the move to The Amex. Good luck to them small club living the dream.....are we any different in our Aspirations?
It's because they won't be abled to sustain this progress...Its just a flash in the pan and will inevitability come to an end in time.Our infrastructure is as good as it gets for the long term although of late we've had issues by forgetting about the playing side of things.

On another note good luck to them as you need to enjoy the good times and we don't need to emulate anyone as we're BHA:thumbsup:

Reginald Lorenzo

Dec 13, 2014
Bournemouth fan in peace here. I just wanted to point out that most of the team performing well today were signed as League 1 players. Pitman has stayed with us since League 2. We signed Wilson after selling Grabban and receiving 25% of the Adam Llallana fee from Liverpool.

Cook and Elphick have been great for us, and I think a big factor in that is the way Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall bring the best out of players.

I've followed afcb for many a year, and at last we're having some 'time in the sun'. You have had plenty of those and I'm sure with the set-up you have you'll be turning things around.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I've said it 100s of times, and I'll say it once more.

What on earth is wrong with a rich man spending some of his money on buying players/paying wages for a football team he owns?

If they are borrowing money to fund this fair enough, punish them. But if it's this rich Russian they've got on board spending 0.1% of his wealth, good luck to them.

I think the problem is that if that rich man decides to bugger off then the club is left with some very expensive contracts and no way to pay for them. Ultimately they aren't contracted directly to the owner, but to the club.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Guys... I like BHA, but seriously, all this constant talk of spending more than we have blah blah is nonsense... As some of the more reasoned posts have started we are actually similar to you... One man at the top who could pull out at anytime, but the likelihood is they won't...

Ok, our ground is not much bigger than a subuteo stand, but plans are being looked into to take us up to 18k in the next 18 months (Swansea only has 19k and they seem to be doing pretty well)...

For those that think we have bought our way to the top of the Champ...

The team that we had in Lg 1 for the 2012/13 season...

R Allsop, S Francis, T Elphick, S Cook, C Daniels, M Pugh, H Arter, S MacDonald, M Ritchie, B Pitman, L Grabban

The team that we have now, playing today in our 2nd season in the Championship...

A Boruc, S Francis, T Elphick, S Cook, C Daniels, M Pugh, H Arter, A Surman, M Ritchie, B Pitman, C Wilson

Boruc is on loan from Southampton, Surman was bought last season, and Wilson was practically a 'Grabbs out Wilson in' for the same money...

3 changes...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No mention of vastly overspending what they have not got .But apart from that agree.

Let's look at their audited accounts. The Albion's player wage bill will be greater and the squad cost no higher. Bournemouth have a system that produces over-achieving, attacking, free scoring, winning football (when their resources are peanuts compared to Forest, all the PL parachute money clubs, Watford).

A success story, but not unique. Derby, M'boro, Ipswich and Brentford are also lower spenders on transfer fees and wages than that large bunch of clubs trying to buy promotion.

We have, Burke.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Guys... I like BHA, but seriously, all this constant talk of spending more than we have blah blah is nonsense... As some of the more reasoned posts have started we are actually similar to you... One man at the top who could pull out at anytime, but the likelihood is they won't...

Ok, our ground is not much bigger than a subuteo stand, but plans are being looked into to take us up to 18k in the next 18 months (Swansea only has 19k and they seem to be doing pretty well)...

R Allsop, S Francis, T Elphick, S Cook, C Daniels, M Pugh, H Arter, S MacDonald, M Ritchie, B Pitman, L Grabban

The team that we have now, playing today in our 2nd season in the Championship...

A Boruc, S Francis, T Elphick, S Cook, C Daniels, M Pugh, H Arter, A Surman, M Ritchie, B Pitman, C Wilson

Boruc is on loan from Southampton, Surman was bought last season, and Wilson was practically a 'Grabbs out Wilson in' for the same money...

3 changes...
That's the way...stability...3 changes...like Derby...build on team players...not loan players...and of course...get a good manager.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's because they won't be abled to sustain this progress...Its just a flash in the pan and will inevitability come to an end in time.Our infrastructure is as good as it gets for the long term although of late we've had issues by forgetting about the playing side of things.

On another note good luck to them as you need to enjoy the good times and we don't need to emulate anyone as we're BHA:thumbsup:
Says who? Their chairman is very very wealthy, if they get promoted they'll receive a huge cash injection, if not they can afford to carry on prudently. The accusations of wild spending are fairly inaccurate, it's worth noting they received a decent fee for Grabban and a massive sell on fee from Lallana. I see they're looking to expand their ground slowly, this is a sensible route to take, no doubt the finances would be under greater pressure if the chairman had to drop £120m on a stadium.

3 changes...

No one i think is arguing you've done a Chelsea and Man City, but you have broken the FFP regs and good luck to you, I wish we had because we might have bought Wilson and you might have had to make do with Baldock.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'll agree that it was probably a mistake to sell Elphick.

But did anyone honestly see Steve Cook as anything but a League 1/2 defender? His improvement has been amazing. Hats off to him.

I did. I kicked up a big fuss on here when he was let go, but was told in no uncertain terms that I didn't know what I was talking about.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Where would you rather be, top of the Championship but with a transfer embargo imposed, or three points adrift of safety with no transfer embargo so that we can continue with our excellent transfer dealings when the window opens next month?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No mention of vastly overspending what they have not got .But apart from that agree.

Are they?

They sold a player for 3 million in summer and brought one in for 3.

They also received money for the Lallana deal, with out looking to much into there loses last year, wasn't some of that a new training ground?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Its gonna go one of two ways for Bournemouth

Either they go up in a blaze of glory

Or

Injuries catch up with them this season. They don't go up, their best players are poached, and with the tightening of the purse strings go plummeting downwards rather like us!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its gonna go one of two ways for Bournemouth

Either they go up in a blaze of glory

Or

Injuries catch up with them this season. They don't go up, their best players are poached, and with the tightening of the purse strings go plummeting downwards rather like us!

Or they just make the playoffs or just miss out, but Howe and their amazing chief scout/head of recruitment whoever he is, keep producing attacking winning football and they continue as an established Championship club.

Contrary to wild guessing, they are NOT mega net spenders compared to the Albion who have their own vast player wages bill with misfits like CMS on £600k per annum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here