Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bournemouth Beach - Major Incident Declared

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wish MPs and media commentators would stop with the outrage and accusations.

People want to enjoy themselves, leisure facilities are closed, summer holidays abroad are cancelled. You can't blame anyone for thinking a trip to the beach might be nice on a sunny day.

I think you’ve got the throng thread ..this is the ‘outrage one’ :)

Yoda

English & European
Not usually one for pedantry but it's really annoying me now that so many people are referring to face masks being mandatory on public transport it's a face covering of some kind, it doesn't have to be a mask

I used to have an asthma related illness as child and still technically have it now. Had to wear a facemask when in Worthing Hospital the other day to drop something off for my mother (not covid related) and I found it really difficult to breath even for the 15 minutes I was inside the hospital. I knew I would have difficulties wearing a face covering before it was announced by the government and this confirmed it for me, but as someone that would find it difficult to, I would hate to get on public transport with so many other people not wearing one. What the don't get is that its for other peoples protection if you pre-symptomatic, not your protection.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Went for a walk to our local seafront in goring last night, never seen it as busy, massive groups of youngsters everywhere.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
As an aside, I am currently on a bus in Brighton. Masks are “mandatory” according to the government website; I am literally the only person wearing one. As many mistakes as the government have made, I can’t help but think if there is a second wave then the public will have a lot to answer to.

That’s precisely what the government want, “not our fault guv, you clearly didn’t stay alert when we threw open the doors” - unfortunately the British public have once again proved themselves to be idiots. Can’t wait for the pubs to open!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It’s almost like ambiguous advice, naff sound bites and trusting the public to sensibly negotiate a pandemic was a bad idea. Who could have predicted such a thing? :shrug:

One thing is for sure, I’ll never criticise a horror director/ writer for making a person go in to the murder basement ever again :facepalm:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
wait and hear them all moan when they get ill. Still in true fashion they will all blame anyone but themselves.

Doesn’t really matter if ‘guidance’ says it’s ok or not , whatever happened to thinking for yourself.

moronic

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
How many weeks ago was it, that we saw the picture of all those people cramed together on the beach at Durdle Door?
The infection rate in Dorset is still amongst the lowest in the country. You get it indoors. Much more concerned about a lack of face coverings on public transport than crowded beaches to be honest.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
FFS - the stampede of political pricks didn't take long did it?

MV5BYTViNjMyNmUtNDFkNC00ZDRlLThmMDUtZDU2YWE4NGI2ZjVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
How many weeks ago was it, that we saw the picture of all those people cramed together on the beach at Durdle Door?
The infection rate in Dorset is still amongst the lowest in the country. You get it indoors. Much more concerned about a lack of face coverings on public transport than crowded beaches to be honest.

Surely the trains from London will have been packed today? People don't tend to travel to Durdle Dor by public transport.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's almost like relying on "British common sense" rather than actual enforced rules isn't the best idea anyone's had.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's almost like relying on "British common sense" rather than actual enforced rules isn't the best idea anyone's had.

I agree. Just sad that some will see that as a political comment and disregard it. Idiots have been given the freedom to be idiots by idiots.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Try this for an idea. Don’t bother cleaning up the beaches at all. Just leave the crap for the next days tripper. They should feel right at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here