Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boulaye Dia

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
In light of the French football tv deal collapse, could we try again for this guy for a bargain price?

He's scored 8 in 12 this season. Only Mbappe has scored more.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
In light of the French football tv deal collapse, could we try again for this guy for a bargain price?

Missed the boat I reckon.

If his agent is to be believed we only wanted a loan in the last window because we weren’t convinced about him ..... now he is having a great season and I’d expect the clubs interested are either willing to outpay us or of a greater stature.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Missed the boat I reckon.

If his agent is to be believed we only wanted a loan in the last window because we weren’t convinced about him ..... now he is having a great season and I’d expect the clubs interested are either willing to outpay us or of a greater stature.

Alas both Everton and Arsenal are both looking now. Think we know how this ends.

#welcomedevelopmentsquadplayer

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That said, wonder how much game time he would get at either of those ?

This is the correct question. He'd need to get ahead of C-L and Richarlison at one, Aubemeyang and Lacazette at the other. He'd need to get ahead of Maupay, Welbeck and Connolly here. He's young and hungry. If he backs himself, a couple of years' success with us could generate a move to a bigger club with a higher likelihood of more game time.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If we wanted him we should have got him before the season started.

I suspect we’ve moved on and Welbeck was our alternative signing.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
There were transfer rumours during the summer – and I’m sure there’ll be more and more with you currently joint-top Ligue 1 scorer. You were linked with Marseille but also other clubs – including Brighton, who are my team. Is there any truth to the rumours and do you have any ambitions to move to the Premier League sometime?

Yes, there is a little truth to the Brighton story but an agreement couldn’t be reached between the clubs. There were discussions but it didn’t go any further. I’d like to experience England and the Premier League – all players dream of playing in the Premier League one day, and I’m one of those players.

But there’s no point making the move just for the experience of it. You need to move when you’re ready, when you’ve proven yourself, when you show consistency. You need to take your time and not move to England too quickly, otherwise you’ll quickly get lost.

That's from the man himself in an exclusive interview with GFFN

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why does it seem all the ones we let go away by not moving early enough (Watkins, Dia, Van Dijk) seem to deliver the goods and most of the ones we do get in seem to invariably add very little?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Why does it seem all the ones we let go away by not moving early enough (Watkins, Dia, Van Dijk) seem to deliver the goods and most of the ones we do get in seem to invariably add very little?

Vicious circle I reckon .... miss one through being tentative so next opportunity we pull the trigger and end up with a Locadia..... next time we are cautious again and miss out and it plays out over and over.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
So Moder is coming, Tau appears to be a possibility too.

Could this guy be lined up?

I imagine conversations continued after the summer deadline, and the quotes from both the player and the president of Stade Reims make interesting reading.
Reads like he was interested in a Brighton move but the clubs couldn't make it work at the time.

Speaking to Top Mercato, Reims president Caillot revealed: “(Dia) could have left this summer (but) he did not leave because he did not receive the offer he wanted.

"Boulaye refused two offers, from Lokomotiv Moscow and Hellas Verona. For various reasons, he did not want to go to these clubs.

“If he stays, I would be delighted. If he has an offer that suits him and us too, I could not object because I gave him my word.”

Reims sit 17th in the table despite the goals of Dia, who told Get French Football news of his plans: “Yes, there is a little truth to the Brighton story but an agreement couldn’t be reached between the clubs.

“There were discussions but it didn’t go any further. I’d like to experience England and the Premier League – all players dream of playing in the Premier League one day, and I’m one of those players.”

Of course the situation could have changed and other "bigger" clubs could be interested. BUT looks like Brighton had a head start, and he has a chance of starting regularly for us in a position where we desperately need a goal scorer.
Anyone else think this is still a possibility?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
So Moder is coming, Tau appears to be a possibility too.

Could this guy be lined up?

I imagine conversations continued after the summer deadline, and the quotes from both the player and the president of Stade Reims make interesting reading.
Reads like he was interested in a Brighton move but the clubs couldn't make it work at the time.

Speaking to Top Mercato, Reims president Caillot revealed: “(Dia) could have left this summer (but) he did not leave because he did not receive the offer he wanted.

"Boulaye refused two offers, from Lokomotiv Moscow and Hellas Verona. For various reasons, he did not want to go to these clubs.

“If he stays, I would be delighted. If he has an offer that suits him and us too, I could not object because I gave him my word.”

Reims sit 17th in the table despite the goals of Dia, who told Get French Football news of his plans: “Yes, there is a little truth to the Brighton story but an agreement couldn’t be reached between the clubs.

“There were discussions but it didn’t go any further. I’d like to experience England and the Premier League – all players dream of playing in the Premier League one day, and I’m one of those players.”

Of course the situation could have changed and other "bigger" clubs could be interested. BUT looks like Brighton had a head start, and he has a chance of starting regularly for us in a position where we desperately need a goal scorer.
Anyone else think this is still a possibility?

Weird. I just saw this. Don't know who this "source" is, and could just be an educated guess, like mine.

[tweet]1339993085258977286[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agents pushing up the price I reckon

Fecking hope not, seems to allegedly happen more often than not with known players we are after these days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here